The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

When watching Max work. She is just the most vivacious person. Her beauty just shines thru her big personality. And those jewels in action?......youza!!!!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
When watching Max work. She is just the most vivacious person. Her beauty just shines thru her big personality. And those jewels in action?......youza!!!!
That is the secret of her enormous approval in Dutch society: being the lady-next-door and approachable when needed, being awesomely regal and stately when needed (like yesterday), being drop-dead glamorous so now and then (like tonight) and.... what a versatility in haristyles, clothing and jewels....

Old 03-19-2015, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

From the fantastic blog of Mr Kjell Arne Totland, royal correspondent of TV2 (Norway).
Link to his blog: Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland

Look at this enormous picture of Queen Máxima's diadem and brooch ...

And another picture with a good view on the diamond bracelet

Old 03-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is the secret of her enormous approval in Dutch society: being the lady-next-door and approachable when needed, being awesomely regal and stately when needed (like yesterday), being drop-dead glamorous so now and then (like tonight) and.... what a versatility in haristyles, clothing and jewels....

Well said! Couldn´t agree more!
What a spectacular entrance at the State Dinner!
Bye Bine
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

That's so awesome! I'd love to meet her one day, I think she'll be a wonderful woman to have coffee with!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ok. Help me out. I counted 7bracelets. 3necklaces. 6 earrings. 2brooches and a tiara to boot. I couldn't see rings although I know she took her big enerald cut diamond.......wow. Thats a jewelry travel case!!! What did u count?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Ok. Help me out. I counted 7bracelets. 3necklaces. 6 earrings. 2brooches and a tiara to boot. I couldn't see rings although I know she took her big enerald cut diamond.......wow. Thats a jewelry travel case!!! What did u count?
you are god counting! wow! yes and wonder how they travel, 2 security gurads? what kind of jewellery box? can you imagine a box for that sapphire tiara?
not counting, the person how take care of the clothing, another for her hair, and I gues other for her make up! wish I could travel like that!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
you are god counting! wow! yes and wonder how they travel, 2 security gurads? what kind of jewellery box? can you imagine a box for that sapphire tiara?
not counting, the person how take care of the clothing, another for her hair, and I gues other for her make up! wish I could travel like that!
At 12 June 2013 the King and Queen visited Maastricht, the capital of Limbourg. They travelled one day earlier. This is what came out of the car accompanying Queen Máxima... The pic was taken in front of the Kruisherenhotel, a former cloister turned into one of the most spectacular hotels of Europe. The salon in the King's suite looks like this.

Royal luggage and royal accomodation...

Old 03-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

A look at Maxima's lovely jewels worn today.

Dragonfly brooch, hoop earrings, watch and 3 bracelets 2 sapphire' (or is 1 ruby and diamond?) and diamond and 1 emerald and diamond.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...911/7WlI0Y.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...673/f93hsA.jpg
Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duc et Pair, I love her ordinary looking luggage. Doesnt even match. She need QVC!!!!! Hahaha
Old 03-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
At 12 June 2013 the King and Queen visited Maastricht, the capital of Limbourg. They travelled one day earlier. This is what came out of the car accompanying Queen Máxima... The pic was taken in front of the Kruisherenhotel, a former cloister turned into one of the most spectacular hotels of Europe. The salon in the King's suite looks like this.

Royal luggage and royal accomodation...

Wow!! All that luggage belongs to her?! The suitcases aren't big enough for her clothes though... Maybe her shoes, bags and jewels are in those suitcases but I'd imagine a hanging bag for her clothes. That's a lot to keep up with though- I can see why they have a team of people traveling with them.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Wow!! All that luggage belongs to her?! The suitcases aren't big enough for her clothes though... Maybe her shoes, bags and jewels are in those suitcases but I'd imagine a hanging bag for her clothes. That's a lot to keep up with though- I can see why they have a team of people traveling with them.
This was only a one day visit to Maastricht, mind you... No jewels, no tiaras, no gala gowns. Of course for a four-day trip the royal plane is stuffed with luggage.

This is how it looks when a royal travels full force: royal luggage arriving at Oslo Airport for the celebrations of King Harald's 75th birthday (2007)

Old 03-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This was only a one day visit to Maastricht, mind you... No jewels, no tiaras, no gala gowns. Of course for a four-day trip the royal plane is stuffed with luggage.

This is how it looks when a royal travels full force: royal luggage arriving at Oslo Airport for the celebrations of King Harald's 75th birthday (2007)

My goodness! it is just incredible!!!! and what a nice thing not to carry your own luggage! to have all this aids!!!! that you don't have to tip! to take care of your personal staff! I imagine jewelry goes up there with them and special person taking care of them not to be "lost" !and you do not have to go to customs , xray machine etc........! and after arrive to the hotel and somebody open your luggage, iron your dresses, wow, nice , just would like to experience that once in my life time!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2015, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

For the visit to Hamburg the Queen choose an eyecatching insect brooch. From the large Orange-Nassau collection with insect brooches, the Queen opted for an all-diamond moth.

A good picture is provided by Zimbio. Click on the picture itself to enlarge.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great photo. The Dutch have such an incredible brooch collection. I love this brooch.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you all for posting these pics. I had missed the giant sapphire brooch and the big diamond ring from the tiara night!
I had also missed the colored bracelets with the red outfit, love it!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Majesty

Here is, what I assume, all of Maxima's tiara appearances:

Anything & Everything Royals
Old 03-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here is, what I assume, all of Maxima's tiara appearances:

Anything & Everything Royals

Wow, since she married she went to a tiara event 46 times!!! impressive!
thank you for the link it is great photos
Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Wow, since she married she went to a tiara event 46 times!!! impressive!
thank you for the link it is great photos
And possibly much more than 46 times, because we have not seen pics from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps in most years.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
And possibly much more than 46 times, because we have not seen pics from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps in most years.
What ashamed is not photos of that! I 'm surprise I would imagine they would take some photos. I like to see the differents hairs styles for even the same tiaras! so how many times she used a tiara before married?

Tags
jewels, queen maxima