Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It are no costume pieces in my humble opinion. After all: you see what you get. Just an orange thing made from unkown materials. It does not pretend to be anything else than that.

Costume pieces are what we can see in the series Victoria: fake diadems, fake colliers, fake breast stars. These pieces pretend to be diamonds but it simply are beads.[/QUOT

Not this discussion again :bang: look up the definition. You will find costume jewelry doesnt simply refer to fake jewels. It refers to any jewelry that isn't made from precious materials. Items like plastic and enamel and other materials, wood.

You don't have to like me using the term this way, that's fine, don't have to. But No correction needed

Cheers

It looks like a king shrimp around her neck,I don't care for it at all,her earrings are lovely.

It's also been referred to as a lobster, if memory serves me correctly! I actually like the idea of the necklace been worn in that way with various shaped "beads" etc. But having now seen other colour versions of it, I thing the black one looks the best!

It's also been referred to as a lobster, if memory serves me correctly! I actually like the idea of the necklace been worn in that way with various shaped "beads" etc. But having now seen other colour versions of it, I thing the black one looks the best!

Yes lobster is a better description,personally I'd love to see it put way with the Halloween decorations!

Queen Maxima in Australia

Images have been cropped (less 20% of originals) and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• swdsd.jpg
    swdsd.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 154
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 158
It are no costume pieces in my humble opinion. After all: you see what you get. Just an orange thing made from unkown materials. It does not pretend to be anything else than that.

Costume pieces are what we can see in the series Victoria: fake diadems, fake colliers, fake breast stars. These pieces pretend to be diamonds but it simply are beads.[/QUOT

Not this discussion again :bang: look up the definition. You will find costume jewelry doesnt simply refer to fake jewels. It refers to any jewelry that isn't made from precious materials. Items like plastic and enamel and other materials, wood.

You don't have to like me using the term this way, that's fine, don't have to. But No correction needed

Cheers
It is possible to get this vibe from a necklace made of branch coral - which at least is semi-semi-precious. It may not be everyone's taste, but it has value and some of us like it. Sadly, there are sustainability issues with coral harvesting, though one could make the same argument about wild, natural pearls. There is an argument to be made that costume jewelry can fill a void for natural products we choose to leave undisturbed. I'd admit though, that in the case of the lobster necklace, I think it a fairly garish execution. :eek: https://a.1stdibscdn.com/archivesE/jewelry/1stdibs/070215/HelenRingus_JWL_CC_DM//5/X.jpg

A couple of questions, is that emerald ring from the old set? I know the earrings are hers and modern.
Also, I love the citrine earrings, am I correct with the stone? Bracelet is nice too

I see Queen Emma's tiara made an outing in NZ after many years

I see Queen Emma's tiara made an outing in NZ after many years

Yes, Queen Máxima wore it once when she was a princess in 2011 for a visit to Qatar. Princess Beatrix wore this tiara very often so it is nice to see Máxima with it. I think it is very nice on her. Perfect for this occasion and very nice for us as jewelry lovers.

It's so nice she took a tiara with her for a black tie state banquet! She definitely is our girl! Not every queen would do this :ermm: sadly enough.

Queen Máxima is wearing some serious diamonds,my only criticism is that I'd prefer her hair up when wearing a tiara.

Queen Máxima is wearing some serious diamonds,my only criticism is that I'd prefer her hair up when wearing a tiara.

I totally agree - but with those incredible diamonds and that dress, all can easily be forgiven ;)

The floral motif scroll diadem is regarded as a 'small' diadem but... like in all Dutch jewels: those stones have serious carat power!

:previous:

The size of the diamonds is quite incredible and indeed there is no need for a huge piece of jewellery when the diamonds are of this calibre!

Many diadems in foreign royal possession look bigger but a closer look learns it often are scrollworks filled with fillegrain diamonds set en pavé. Just low quality gems used as a filling. When you look to this floral motif diamond diadem, the Mellerio ruby parure and other Dutch jewels it often are just serious sized gems, let us say 200 engagement rings each. The estheticism is not always apparent but it is clear that in generations the jewels were carefully chosen and collected together.

I agree about the diamonds. They are sumptuous indeed. An even more obvious example of a seemingly small tiara with enormous carat power would be the rose cut bandeau.

Maxima wears Queen Emma's tiara very well, even with the loose hair. But a simple up-do would have enhanced the effect of the tiara even better. I also love the brooch, which is well placed on that gorgeous gown.

I'm not very fond of the Festoon tiara although I would love to know more about it. I think she has only worn it once.

It has seldom been worn as a tiara, and quite rightly so. Although the diamonds are superb, the design is not the greatest. I would like to see it as a necklace once or twice though. I believe the last time it was worn that way was during the state visit of Queen Beatrix to Britain in the eighties.

I'm not very fond of the Festoon tiara although I would love to know more about it. I think she has only worn it once.

It is a very un-photogenic diadem but the open setting and the size and quality of diamonds are a guarantee for maximum sparkle in real life. I think the lady or gentleman meeting the royal with this festoon diadem will notice the magic sparkle, and not so the simple setting.

Most likely Queen Wilhelmina used these extra montures for smaller evening events. On images from 1962 and 1982, when Princess Beatrix wore this as a collier, it looked veeeeery sparkly on tv. And that is exactly what diamonds are for...

:lol:

Last edited:
I love the coral and diamond earrings she wore yesterday with the yellow coat

You are right, Maxima wore it only once in 2005 at the incoming State Visit from Latvia. Although I prefer the jewel in it's necklace shape, I am thrilled that Maxima tried so many different tiaras in her days as a princess. It's good that she has worn it once, it's also good that she hasn't worn it twice. :D:eek:

Princess Margriet has also worn it as a tiara once, though I don't know the occasion.

You are right, Maxima wore it only once in 2005 at the incoming State Visit from Latvia. Although I prefer the jewel in it's necklace shape, I am thrilled that Maxima tried so many different tiaras in her days as a princess. It's good that she has worn it once, it's also good that she hasn't worn it twice. :D:eek:

She has also worn it once before probly for the annual Gala Dinner for the Diplomatic Corps when there where no üphotos from this Event. There was i believe on picture of her leaving the Royal Palace in Amersterdam.
I think she should war it as necklace again which she has not so far.

She has also worn it once before probly for the annual Gala Dinner for the Diplomatic Corps when there where no üphotos from this Event. There was i believe on picture of her leaving the Royal Palace in Amersterdam.
I think she should war it as necklace again which she has not so far.
Thank you, Stefan. Do you know which year that was?
We can we really happy, they they now now allow a photo moment at the Diplomatic Corps Gala. It's really nice to get decent pics from the event now that WA is King.

I wonder if the A-team will try this tiara again. But I doubt that the Queen will go back to wearing it, except as a necklace.

Thank you, Stefan. Do you know which year that was?
We can we really happy, they they now now allow a photo moment at the Diplomatic Corps Gala. It's really nice to get decent pics from the event now that WA is King.

I think it was around 2005. Not sure about the exact year. I can remember that she wore a pink gown. Yes luckily they allow no photgraphers outside the Royal palace after the diploatic Corps Gala but i still can't understand why the not allow 1 or 2 photographers insde.

Last year I did a post about the tiaras Maxima has worn. Here is the post about the Festoon Tiara. She did wear it twice. For the Corps Diplomatique in what I believe is 2003 and for the Latvian State Visit on January 17, 2005. :flowers:

It's a truly awful tiara. I thought it was utterly fake when I first saw it.

Last year I did a post about the tiaras Maxima has worn. Here is the post about the Festoon Tiara. She did wear it twice. For the Corps Diplomatique in what I believe is 2003 and for the Latvian State Visit on January 17, 2005. :flowers:

It's a truly awful tiara. I thought it was utterly fake when I first saw it.

The diamonds of this festoon necklace / collier have an exceptional quality. Look how it glitters around the neck of Queen Beatrix (0:30 min) see video Compare the difference in glitter with the necklaces of the two other Queens. In real life, worn on the head, it must have a superior sparkle, despite the minimalist design.

Last edited:
The diamonds of this festoon necklace / collier have an exceptional quality. Look how it glitters around the neck of Queen Beatrix (0:30 min) see video Compare the difference in glitter with the necklaces of the two other Queens. In real life, worn on the head, it must have a superior sparkle, despite the minimalist design.

it's not so much the diamonds, but the design that helps make it look fake. It's a childish design that does nothing to highlight the diamonds. It needs to be dismantled and redone in a better design, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom