Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture is stunning. The colour of the gown is an exquisite background for these jewels. Although it appears that a tiara was not required for this banquet, I think it is just as well as the necklace and earrings are more than enough to compensate!
No tiara, but maybe there was a sparkling brooch on the left side of her hairstyle? So far we only got pics from the right side and the front. And in the front pics there seems to be a kind of dent in the hair that might indicate that a jewel is fixed there. So I really hope that we will get better pics from that side.

Although it appears that a tiara was not required for this banquet (...)

Fortunately not, the emerald tiara is one of the most unfortunate pieces of jewelry that the family has. Esp. since they added the two prongs to the side.

I believe that Beatrix has never worn the emerald. Maxima has worn it once IIRC in Norway and Laurentien once at Prinsjesdag.

Last edited:
indeed a lovely parure! we can always count on maxima making the most out of the royal vault. and so she should! these beauties need to be seen... :)

The emeralds from the set are very old and are in the collection of the House Orange-Nassau since 1767 (!). These emeralds come from Princess Wilhelmina of Orange-Nassau née Princess of Prussia (1751-1820), spouse of Prince Willem V, the Stadtholder of the United Provinces. Back then the original set had 33 emeralds of supreme quality and colour. This was described in an inventory of Princess Wilhelmina's belongings: the prize of supreme quality emeralds can be higher than Burmese rubies or even high quality diamonds!

In 1790 Princess Wilhelmina gave her emeralds as a gift to her daughter Princess Louise of Orange-Nassau, for her wedding to Karl, Duke of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel. The couple got no children. Princess Louise died in 1819 and so her mother Princess Wilhelmina -who outlived her daughter- got the emeralds back.

After the death of Princess Wilhelmina, these emeralds came in the possession of her son Willem I, King of the Netherlands, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg. Also the large cabochon-cut green emerald -with the purest quality and therefore with a great value- comes from Princess Wilhelmina.

Today's appearance of the Emerald Parure stems from 1889, the original ancient emeralds were used for today's set. Made more than 125 years ago but still looking surprisingly modern. Maybe a bit too modern for the ancient emeralds which were already worn by ladies in the 18th C?

Last edited:
This is a known set of turquoises-and-diamonds, worn by Princess Máxima: see picture.

Princess Máxima was seen with giant turquoise earhangers: see picture.

In Bangladesh Queen Máxima was spotted with new turquoise-and-diamonds bijoux: see picture: see picture.

I love turquoise set with diamonds. I always wondered why she doesnt wear the Royal pieces but Bea wears them alot. New set is beautiful!!!

I love turquoise set with diamonds. I always wondered why she doesnt wear the Royal pieces but Bea wears them alot. New set is beautiful!!!

Beautiful pieces on the jewelry side but beautiful clothes as well. Maxima can really wear such great colours!!

I love the earrings i love the spider!! brooches. I think we've seen the Queen wearing spiders again.

Love the earrings, but diamond spiders- why, why?

I can't remember a time when I wasn't scared to death of spiders. When I saw the picture of Maxima with the two spiders on her shoulder it sent cold chills up my spine. I don't care if they are diamond spiders, they are just totally creepy.

My post was deleted. These are not diamond earrings or brooches. Look closely

So beautiful. Thanks I love CP!!!!!

Queen Maxima ones again displays her pleasure in modern gold jewelry at the Rotterdam International Film Festival.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/queen-maxima-of-the-netherlands-attends-the-opening-of-the-rotterdam-picture-id507096014

Although I'm a fan of historical jewels I think that she looks just great with these. And it matches with that extravagant pattern of her jumpsuit.

According to a poster on the Royal Jewels Message Board, the golden bijoux worn by Máxima were from Joël Arthur Rosenthal (JAR), Place Vendôme 7, Paris...

I understand she is Her Majesty Queen Máxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau and with that comes "a royal lifestyle" indeed. But tell me, a simple dude, what is the diffference between gold bijoux from a jeweller in Buenos Aires or Istanbul and gold bijoux from a jeweller at the Place Vendôme, apart from the prize tag?

It is only gold, I mean: in the soukh in Marrakech or at any jeweller in Beirut she can buy the same gold bijoux (or even more beautiful) for just a fraction of the prize she had to pay at the Place Vendôme, in Paris. That is what I do not understand. It is not that the golden bijoux from JAR is that amazingly unique, or am I thinking the wrong way? At the other hand... it could have been a gift too, of course. From the King or so.

Queen Máxima with her JAR gold: picture.

The atelier and jewellery of Joël Arthur Rosenthal is to the left of The Ritz hotel, off Place Vendôme. The shop has no display windows, nothing to indicate what happens inside. To open his door, someone needs an introduction from someone Monsieur Rosenthal knows, another client perhaps, or have a name that brooks no confusion... According to a report by Forbes, the craftsmen only create 70 to 80 pieces a year, each of them one of a kind and many designed with a particular buyer in mind. Monsieur Rosenthal reserves the right to refuse to sell an item if he doesn’t think it will look good on the intended wearer. His creations often sell for twice what the first buyer paid.

Last edited:
I have seen alot of JAR jewelry. Im not sure thats correct info. I looks nothing like his jewels.

I will let you awesome photo posters post pics but Max was wearing some of her beautiful dangle ruby earrings and a royal diamond choker....awesome! Is it just me or does the choker look a bit shined up? Maybe polished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom