Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's not too many that would be able to out-glam that collection if worn together.

The old diamonds and jewels seem to me to be of such better quality for the most part. The settings too.

LaRae

The mother-of-all-Dutch-parures, of course is the all-diamonds one with the Stuart Diamond (the big one on top of the diadem), purchased in 1690 by Willem III of Nassau, Prince of Orange for his spouse Mary II Stuart.

The brooch has been seen again in 2013 and 2014 but not in its grandest setting. The earrings have been seen too. The diadem and the collier (with large old rectangular thickstone diamonds of centuries old) has not been seen since mid-1970 so far. It was probably too ostentatious for a period (the gloomy late 1970's and early 1980's) and probably Queen Beatrix simply disliked the sumptuous design.

If there is any lady who can wear the enormous parure, then it is Queen Máxima. She has the zest for it.

Last edited:
My goodness that is gorgeous! It must weigh a ton ....wouldn't want to wear that for a long period of time!

Well I say bring them all out! Someone needs to be wearing those!

LaRae

Did anybody spot any diamond stars on Max at the wedding last weekend? She usually wears them to all the weddings she attends.

She perhaps wore one on her back to secure her sash, but I'm not sure. Haven't seen any back views of her. It's possible though.

I think she wore one of her own small bow brooches on the back to keep the sash in place, so no stars this time.

Max has the large solitaires on today in Belgium

With the dress that brooch is not show very good. But is very nice brooch.

So pretty. Love this dress. That is a great brooch with just some"simple" diamond earrings......hahaha!

Oh my this is tiara for a Queen. Stunning tiara.

Love that gown! The tiara goes nicely with it <G>

A magnificent look! It's more like a crown than a tiara!

One of the grandest pieces in the Dutch Collection and Queen Maxima wears it magnificently!

She is also wearing one of my favorite pearl brooches!!!

:previous: It was the second time that she wore this tiara. The first time was at the State Visit to Japan. But this time the tiara was placed more successfully, imho.

Is there any site that has made a collection of maximas jewllery?

John site Dutchroyaljewels.nl used to be my favorite but its been down for awhile. Now shoes comes up with that address.

John site Dutchroyaljewels.nl used to be my favorite but its been down for awhile. Now shoes comes up with that address.

I agree, its a pity the website is down.

Dutchroyaljewels.nl is very missed
are there any blogg were her jewllery informations are collected

Isn't it roseroyal?? And there are quite a few more pieces to the set too!

I dont' like the shape of this tiara. Something bother me.:ermm:

Yes but that glitters is not necessarily and beautiful :ermm:
But on the other is what everyone prefers :ermm:

Yes but that glitters is not necessarily and beautiful :ermm:
But on the other is what everyone prefers :ermm:

I repeat my post again without hope to become tedius :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The size of the diamonds in combination with the extremely open setting (on trembling strings, allowing the light to be reflected and refracted by the facetted diamonds) guarantees a stunning glitter, which is of course one of the aim of good jewels: to sparkle and to overpower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom