Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[....] so how many times she used a tiara before married?

Twice:

- State Banquet in honour of the King and Queen of Spain, Amsterdam 2001

A better view on the diadem on this picture

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, fiancée to the Prince of Orange, wore parts of Princess Juliana's Diamond-and-Aquamarine Parure as well the Grand Cross in the Order of Isabel la Católica

- Wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Ms Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby / Oslo 2001

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, fiancée to the Prince of Orange, wore the diamond fleurons from the Antique Pearls Diadem in combination with diamond-and-pearls bijoux. She wore no Order in Oslo.

:flowers:

Twice:

- State Banquet in honour of the King and Queen of Spain, Amsterdam 2001

A better view on the diadem on this picture

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, fiancée to the Prince of Orange, wore parts of Princess Juliana's Diamond-and-Aquamarine Parure as well the Grand Cross in the Order of Isabel la Católica

- Wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Ms Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby / Oslo 2001

Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, fiancée to the Prince of Orange, wore the diamond fleurons from the Antique Pearls Diadem in combination with diamond-and-pearls bijoux. She wore no Order in Oslo.

:flowers:

Thank you so much!
I couldn't open the one in Oslo, but the close up from the Banquet with the Spanish Royals, her teeth look different from today!
That probably was the most exciting for her her first time using a tiara! now, it is probably and everyday thing

Thank you so much!
I couldn't open the one in Oslo, but the close up from the Banquet with the Spanish Royals, her teeth look different from today!
That probably was the most exciting for her her first time using a tiara! now, it is probably and everyday thing

Máxima must have been baffled the first time she came in one of the palaces, her eyes popping out by all the treasures, the chauffeurs, the guards, the gardeners, the footmen, etc. treating her with all égards and -finally- later in the relationship, when she was shown cassettes with glittering jewels to choose...

The idea alone that she, as "just fiancée", already was seated at one of those splendid tables... She, from far-away Argentina, must have thought: "Where am I? What am I doing here? Next to the King and Queen of Spain? Is this all from that blonde dude's family?"

:lol:

Another try for the Jewels in Oslo (the dress was the most simple but still one of the most succesful b.t.w.)

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo 2

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo 3

Máxima must have been baffled the first time she came in one of the palaces, her eyes popping out by all the treasures, the chauffeurs, the guards, the gardeners, the footmen, etc. treating her with all égards and -finally- later in the relationship, when she was shown cassettes with glittering jewels to choose...

The idea alone that she, as "just fiancée", already was seated at one of those splendid tables... She, from far-away Argentina, must have thought: "Where am I? What am I doing here? Next to the King and Queen of Spain? Is this all from that blonde dude's family?"

:lol:

Another try for the Jewels in Oslo (the dress was the most simple but still one of the most succesful b.t.w.)

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo 2

Máxima with the diamond fleurons diadem in Oslo 3

Thank you for the photos! and yes I agree with you! traveling to that wedding and having her own hair stylist, make up, and assistant to get ready! she was probably all over the moon!

I'm the opposite I prefer the Pearl version,lets hope Queen Maxima doesn't start wearing it upside down like Queen Juliana!

I prefer the emerald Version because i think the have already enought diamond and pearl tiaras in the collection. Think they should only either add 2 more emerald prongs or move the 2 side prongs to their oringal place closer to the cetral prong where the original 2 prongs have been before they where removed to make earrings from them.

I love that the tiara is flexible there is more diversity. The pearl version has the advantage that there are 5 pearl prongs and it looks more balanced than the emerald version. The emerald version really lacks two prongs to look good. On the other hand it is the only emerald tiara in Dutch collections and it is a pity that it does not have more substance.

I love that the tiara is flexible there is more diversity. The pearl version has the advantage that there are 5 pearl prongs and it looks more balanced than the emerald version. The emerald version really lacks two prongs to look good. On the other hand it is the only emerald tiara in Dutch collections and it is a pity that it does not have more substance.

I agree, the emerald version of the tiara would look lovely if 2 prongs (from the earrings) were added to the tiara.

I also think it would be quite nice if the whole tiara was given a little more height by a adding a further base.

Maxima wore stunning jewels tonight.

The brooch looks out of place indeed, and it looks as if it lacks a pendant, which it does. Very odd, which suits the odd dress I suppose. At least she added the upper bow to the brooch. Let's hope one day we will see the full version. The other jewels are nice but I had hoped for something more surprising.

The brooch looks out of place indeed, and it looks as if it lacks a pendant, which it does. Very odd, which suits the odd dress I suppose. At least she added the upper bow to the brooch. Let's hope one day we will see the full version. The other jewels are nice but I had hoped for something more surprising.

True the bandau is beautiful but a bit small for an Event like this. And not even a diamond riviere to compliment it.

True the bandau is beautiful but a bit small for an Event like this. And not even a diamond riviere to compliment it.

A bit small?With every single stone over 30 crts...?...I dare say!..Each stone is a drop dead gorgious rock...Small is small in the eye of the beholder...men have a penchant for having measurements all wrong....:whistling::flowers:

You're right about the brooch rubies...but there it would look more like a hip replacement...It is soo huge...and gorgious btw...

I would have loved that brooch more at side hip.

The brooch is just beautiful the tiara I love the earrings I want them for my own ... but the dress lets it all down IMO ....

I agree, the brooch does look out of place.

The earrings were lovely. Do we have better pictures? I presume these date back to Queen Emma.

:previous:

the stones may date back to Queen Emma but she never wore earrings. Neither did Queen Wilhelmina.
Queen Juliana wore these earrings regulary, usually paired with parts of the Stuart parure or bandeau.

Last edited:
Those diamond centre-stones in the enormous sévigné (bow brooch) are beyond belief. Imagine the total carat power when that brooch is worn in full setting, with all large diamond pendants atteched to it. The carat power of Máxima's bow brooch alone easily matches a couple of diadems counted together. All in all I am happy the Queen remained "understated" because despite that, she was amongst the best bejewelled ladies in the quality, the provenance, the size and the value of the stones she wore (diadem, large diamond earrings, large sévigné, large diamond bracelets, etc.). The focus was Queen Margrethe, who herself was relatively "calm" bejewelled.

Picture from the Nationaal Archief: http://afbeeldingen.gahetna.nl/naa/thumb/1280x1280/6502e9c2-42c6-47a3-95d5-41f7bca0662c.jpg (click on the picture itself to expand it).

Queen Máxima wore the sévigné with double bows, in the middle two large centre-stones.

When worn in full version there are six large centre-stone diamonds (two thickstone square, two thickstone round and two thickstone heartshaped diamonds) extra plus 5 eye-popping large diamond pendants... In full version this brooch is worth capitals. Queen Máxima will wear that for the most important State Banquets, we may assume. Strange that Queen Beatrix never was interested in this sévigné with such very, very old diamonds from generations of Orange-Nassaus.

Last edited:
We all remember the diamond-studded Queen Máxima at the Rijksmuseum (farewell banquet at the Rijksmuseum).

Now Sotheby's will sell a diamond rivière worn by the late Mary Innes-Kerr nee Crewe-Milnes, Duchess of Roxburghe. It is estimated at around 500.000 Euro.

This rivière is comparable with what Queen Máxima was wearing around the neck (without the enormous pendant). The stones in the Bandeau are much bigger than the stones in the rivière at sale. Probably they will get a result between € 750.000,-- and 1 million Euro. So when people are complaining about Máxima wearing "just" a bandeau: most likely she blows all other ladies away by the sheer power and value of her simple stones alone...

Wow! That first picture is gorgeous! And that looks like a Max dress too.;)

Good to know Duc et Pair. I need one of those necklaces...badly!!!!!!hahahaha.

Maxima has worn her long ruby earring today. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom