The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Not really a fan of the tiara but the rest of the jewels are stunning.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the close-ups! Wow!
Like I said, what does a girl have to do to try those on?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

The accent diamonds used in this suite are crazy. Look how big the diamonds are in the swag of the tiara. They are each an engagement ring!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The weight on her head!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
The accent diamonds used in this suite are crazy. Look how big the diamonds are in the swag of the tiara. They are each an engagement ring!!!
And in the necklace, and in the bracelets, and in the two brooches (not worn yesterday), and in the devant-de-corsage (not worn yesterday), and the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan (not used yesterday), all of these with serious sized diamonds. Just in this one parure.

But also other suites, think at Máxima's massive investure diadem, the big gunners on her Bandeau of rose-cut-diamonds, not to mention the Stuart Parure. I think the Orange-Nassaus have serious carat power indeed. Even a "minor" diadem in the collection as the one worn by Princess Mabel, when you look at the diamonds alone, even this one has serious carat power.

Source: modekoninginmaxima.nl http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sit...elkapsel11.jpg
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the close-ups Humera. And interesting to see the frame in such detail.

It is a difficult tiara to wear due to the suspention-bridge effect. But HM really makes the most of it & it looks wonderful on her. Maybe the tiara would look better without the two outer ruby prongs, it reminds me a bit of the horns of a valkyrie. The amount of carats in this tiara & necklace must be amazing indeed. It was one of Q. Juliana's favourites and I hope that like Juliana Queen Máxima will treat us on the entire parure one day, she is certainly able to pull it of.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks for the close-ups Humera. And interesting to see the frame in such detail.

It is a difficult tiara to wear due to the suspention-bridge effect. But HM really makes the most of it & it looks wonderful on her. Maybe the tiara would look better without the two outer ruby prongs, it reminds me a bit of the horns of a valkyrie. The amount of carats in this tiara & necklace must be amazing indeed. It was one of Q. Juliana's favourites and I hope that like Juliana Queen Máxima will treat us on the entire parure one day, she is certainly able to pull it of.
That is a good idea, the entire parure, preferrably for a state portrait of the Queen: a simple gown with the riband of her Order and then the full parure: the diadem, the dangling earhangers, the necklace, the two brooches (a bigger one in front and a smaller one usually to fix the riband at the back), the devant-de-corsage, the two bracelets and.... Her Majesty holding the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan...

Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
And in the necklace, and in the bracelets, and in the two brooches (not worn yesterday), and in the devant-de-corsage (not worn yesterday), and the diamond-and-rubies encrusted fan (not used yesterday), all of these with serious sized diamonds. Just in this one parure.
[...]
There is only one brooch in the parure, Henri
Old 05-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

But also other suites, think at Máxima's massive investure diadem, the big gunners on her Bandeau of rose-cut-diamonds, not to mention the Stuart Parure. I think the Orange-Nassaus have serious carat power indeed. Even a "minor" diadem in the collection as the one worn by Princess Mabel, when you look at the diamonds alone, even this one has serious carat power.

Source: modekoninginmaxima.nl http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/sit...elkapsel11.jpg
You know what they say, diamonds are girls best friend.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Maybe the tiara would look better without the two outer ruby prongs, it reminds me a bit of the horns of a valkyrie.
The tiara does have a horn effect which is why I've never particularly warmed to it but Maxima has a way of wearing her jewels, her personality seems to take over whatever she wears so I like it on her.

I played a little with photoshop and removed the outer diamond/ruby cluster. Although I'm not sure if it's possible in real life, they seem to be part of the large scroll motif.

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	291483  
Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Since Maxima became Queen Consort she really has given the House of Orange jewels a new lease of life,though the Mellerio ruby tiara is not one of my favourites its still great to see the jewels being worn.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Majesty

Pictures of Queen Máxima when she attended a jubilee gala concert of the "Royal Sophia's Association" at the Efteling Theatre in Kaatsheuvel on 22 May. Have we seen this demi-parure before? Does anybody have better pictures?

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Gentry

[QUOTE=muriel;1667458]Pictures of Queen Máxima when she attended a jubilee gala concert of the "Royal Sophia's Association" at the Efteling Theatre in Kaatsheuvel on 22 May. Have we seen this demi-parure before? Does anybody have better pictures?

The new website royalista has a nice closeup picture.

http://royalista.com/wp-content/uplo...2-58771880.jpg
Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

She wore the set last winter:

here's a closeup

http://oi39.tinypic.com/33arwv4.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qx9n9u.jpg
Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks lovely .. I love both the earrings and the necklace.. they are perfect with the white.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Majesty

It is a new suite indeed, no idea what the background is. A 12,5 years wedding jubilee gift by the King?

Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is a new suite indeed, no idea what the background is. A 12,5 years wedding jubilee gift by the King?

No I think it's pieces from Queen Whilhelmina's Wedding parure but many would disagree

Parure Wedding Gift
Old 05-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Nobility

To me this Looks like a contemporary set - maybe a gift from one of the foreign monarchs in the middle east, they have visited previously???
Old 05-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
She wore the set last winter:

here's a closeup

http://oi39.tinypic.com/33arwv4.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2qx9n9u.jpg
Oh, I love these! I don't know if they are new or old, what the occasion was, or if the king picked them out, but if he did, he has great taste. Maybe for becoming Queen?!
I would so love to play dress-up in Maxima's closet and jewelry box. I'd like to try on the rubies she wore the other day, and this set.
I would not wear the sapphires with this dress however, against the white they are washed out.
Think I would wear the rubies instead. They would pop! But then I prefer rubies and amethyst over sapphires. Most regal of all gems in my opinion.
The rubies looked awesome with the red dress the other night too.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember this sapphire set from Max's first appearance and just love it. She's certainly digging deep in those jewels vaults!

Tags
jewels, queen maxima