Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might not like her gown but she rocks that tiara the best of anyone so far......just gorgeous on her, and those earrings are to die for.

Anyone know when this tiara was last seen? Maybe on Cristina at Victoria's wedding in 2010?

Anyone know when this tiara was last seen? Maybe on Cristina at Victoria's wedding in 2010?
That's correct. Queen Sofia has worn it for the last time in 2007 at the State Visit from Romania, if I'm not mistaken.

i may be the only one but i find that tiara doesn't suit letizia much - i can see how it took her all these years to use it. who knows, maybe this is a statement by letizia following the issue with queen sofia in palma - that tiara was used a lot by sofia, and by letizia using it maybe it is a nod to the fact they actually get along (the media who don't know that it is part of the joyas de pasar at letizia's disposal can say that 'sofia lent it to her').

The Cartier tiara is not part of the "Joyas de pasar". The Fleur de Lys is the only tiara in that set. The Cartier is indeed Queen Sofia's property or, more especifically, King Juan Carlos', since he purchased it from his aunt Infanta Maria Cristina.

Surprisingly enough, the tiara looks somehow smaller on Letizia than on Sofia. I actually think it's the tiara that suits her the most after the floral. It's really a gorgeous piece, my favourite from the Spanish Royal vault.

Last edited:
The Cartier tiara is not part of the "Joyas de pasar". The Fleur de Lys is the only tiara in that set. The Cartier is indeed Queen Sofia's property or, more especifically, King Juan Carlos', since he pirchased it from his aunt Infanta Maria Cristina.

You are right its not a part of Joyas de pasar. Tbh i think its intersting people call this one of "important" Tiaras. I dont think so. Its a "Young" Tiara not so old like the Shell, Floral, or loop. and its not a part of joyas de pasar. The Tiara also left the main royal family and was sold back quite late.. I still love this Tiara

Its' a stunningly beautiful tiara and I do think it suits Letizia very well - or more so that she wears it well.

It was most gracious of queen Sofia to lend her daughter in law this beautiful tiara ,one of the grandest pieces in the Spanish jewel vault.

I didn't notice a brooch or bracelets tonight?

No one really knows who the tiara belongs to, whether Queen Sofia or King Juan Carlos. The tiara was bought by Juan Carlos from his aunt infanta Maria Cristina, but it is not known if he really gave it to his wife, or if he bought the tiara for the family collection. It is the same case as the tiara of Queen María Cristina, that belonged to the Countess of Barcelona.

The Prussian tiara and the floral tiara are wholly owned by Sofia. Mellerio tiara was a gift from the Count and the Countess of Barcelona for her wedding, so even if it belongs to her, it is Borbon heritage.

Maybe some people noticed the Cartier looked a bit "changed" on Letis head. But i think this change were made by Q.Sofia or Infanta Maria Christina.

Tiara on Q.Victoria Eugenie. 3 pearls each side and one scroll without pearl.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CPNa8yURIoE/T2dypqbZseI/AAAAAAAAFx4/OqOGMZlCNbs/s1600/Cartier+(13)a.jpg

Tiara on Q.Letizia. 4 pearls each side and one scroll
http://desvistiendo-a-letizia.blogs.diezminutos.es/files/2018/04/DL_u401208_013-683x1024.jpg

During a state visit from russia to spain 1990 the Tiara already had 4 pearls. Previos State visits she wore the Tiara its not possible to if the Tiara has 3or4 pearls.

i may be the only one but i find that tiara doesn't suit letizia much - i can see how it took her all these years to use it. who knows, maybe this is a statement by letizia following the issue with queen sofia in palma - that tiara was used a lot by sofia, and by letizia using it maybe it is a nod to the fact they actually get along (the media who don't know that it is part of the joyas de pasar at letizia's disposal can say that 'sofia lent it to her').

No, you are not the only one carlota. I think it's a magnificent tiara that absolutely overwhelms Letizia's fine frame. But it's nice to see it again. I also think it's a bit of an 'in your face' to her detractors.

Maybe we'll get to see more bijoux now, that could be the silver lining of the Easter clouds. :D

Looks great on her. Nice seeing her wearing another one of the big tiaras :flowers:

I think this tiara suits her better than the huge fleur-de-lys tiara. What a nice surprise

FINALLY! Her hair isn't perfect for it but who cares! Lovely tiara!

I'd like to think there is an element of 'stick THAT in your pipe,and smoke it' going on here ..
Bravo majestad !

Haha, a great comment!!!!

Letizia is simply looking STUNNING with that Tiara! What a WOWzer! She made my day!
BYe Bine

No, you are not the only one carlota. I think it's a magnificent tiara that absolutely overwhelms Letizia's fine frame. But it's nice to see it again. I also think it's a bit of an 'in your face' to her detractors.

Maybe we'll get to see more bijoux now, that could be the silver lining of the Easter clouds. :D

I agree with that - stunning tiara, but a bit big on Letizia, but that goes for most tiaras of the collection. IMO its still better suited than the Fleur de Lys.

Regarding 'in your face' - I think it's rather the opposite, quite predictable that Letizia would come out with a new piece of Sofia's jewel box, kind of a sign of appeasement between the 2 Queens, like 'gracious gesture of the old Queen towards the new Queen'.

The tiara is stunning and sits well.
The dress would be better for me if it were a white or pale.
I find the pearl spots too fussy.

yes, i read online it was part of the joyas de pasar, but indeed i remembered only one tiara in that set, so i guess my sources made a mistake :)

needless to say, i like the actual tiara in the joyas de pasar better than this one. even if it is huge, it seems to complement letizia much better.

Queen Letizia wore the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara for the first time tonight. Queen Victoria Eugenie had this tiara made by Cartier in 1920. Over the years, she had some emeralds adapted to the pearls of the tiara and sometimes exchanged them. The emerald as well as the collier were sold later and now the tiara is only worn with pearls. Victoria Eugenie gave the tiara to her daughter, who wore the tiara quite frequently. At some point, (90´s) King Juan Carlos bought the tiara from his aunt and was worn by Queen Sofia. In 2010, Infanta Cristina surprised the royal watchers when she wore the tiara to the wedding of CP Victoria. Since 2010, the tiara was no longer worn, until yesterday.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3d8db70213f9537f74937ad941fbdd26&oe=5B6C1548

Its really a tiara that should be reserved for the queen or queen mother along with the fleur de lys .

The tiara suits her really well, I like it much better than the other big one.

I don't think there's any coincidence in her wearing a tiara so closely related to Queen Sofia. A great piece and it suits her well. For someone so small, she wears tiaras extremely well

I don't think there's any coincidence in her wearing a tiara so closely related to Queen Sofia. A great piece and it suits her well. For someone so small, she wears tiaras extremely well

How is the diadem "so closely related to Queen Sofía"? The last time she wore it was 14 years ago. The last wearer of it was the Infanta Doña Cristina...

:whistling:

Infanta Cristina wore it ONCE.. the emeritus Queen wore it REPEATEDLY...

I agree with that - stunning tiara, but a bit big on Letizia, but that goes for most tiaras of the collection. IMO its still better suited than the Fleur de Lys.

Regarding 'in your face' - I think it's rather the opposite, quite predictable that Letizia would come out with a new piece of Sofia's jewel box, kind of a sign of appeasement between the 2 Queens, like 'gracious gesture of the old Queen towards the new Queen'.

I agree it's better than the Fleur de Lys, I feel that tiara is too fussy for Letizia's style. The architectural style of the Art Deco Cartier tiara suits her much better.

And of course you're right about the 'in the face' comment, that was poorly worded on my part. I think it's a sign of collaboration between the Queens, which is also a nice silver lining.

How is the diadem "so closely related to Queen Sofía"? The last time she wore it was 14 years ago. The last wearer of it was the Infanta Doña Cristina...

:whistling:

Queen Sofia wore this Tiara the last time in 2007. The first time we have seen the Tiara on Q.Sofia in 1987. She wore this Tiara for 15 State Visits and Oficial Pictures. Maybe people call this close to Sofia because she wore it mainly in the 2000s. ( (80s 4x-- 90s 4x --2000s 7x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom