Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that Letizia showed also at this state visit that she can look good with a tiara, unlike yesterday. The floral tiara looks always gorgeous on Letizia. But then she had to combine the lovely tiara with these earrings, which probably are expensive, but ugly. And they don't suit with the tiara at all and they don't suit Letizia at all.

The earrings are a stunning piece of jewelry but not particularly pretty. The whole look would have been better without a tiara. Unfortunately a tiara was required for this event and the floral is light enough to not give the sensation of wearing too much jewelry. The shape of the earrings strongly reminds me of CP Victoria's diamond ones on the eve of her marriage.

There is some speculation in Spain about the provenance of the earrings. It's unknown. Queen Sofia has never been seen with them and they actually may be a gift to Letizia and belong to her.

Wow, those earrings look impressive and eyecatching, its stones (sapphires?) go well together with her dress, however, I'm not quite convinced that they match with that delicate floral tiara. With all the attention going straight to the earrings she could very well left off her tiara ;)
I really liked her tiara hair.

The second evening was much better, both in fashion as well in jewels. I know that many here get spontaneous highs from "La Buena" but on Letizia's head it is way to big and because it is so airy with all that scrollwork and lacking density, in combinaton with that skin-tight dress, the overall look was as if Letizia run away from a beauty pageant to attend a formal diner.

The floral diadem is not spectacular (it needs a good professional ultrasone cleaning treatment, also "La Buena" badly needs proper maintenance) but it looks like made for Letizia. The best diadem for her.

I personally don't like the look of La Buena, and it certainly doesn't suit Letizia's head (Sofia looked better with it with her face shape, hairstyle) but at this state visit there was no way around it, no option NOT to wear it for the state dinner.
For me it looked much better than the first time with the black dress where Letizia looked like a maid.

For the second night I had hoped for a new tiara or at least the shell to be repeated for the second time. Yes, the floral tiara is pretty and delicate but I think it has been worn too often now. Time to retire it for Leonor.

I agree that the earrings don't go with the floral tiara, maybe the prussian would have been a better choice.

EDIT - nice close ups of both events
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/moda/a.../0-469-551/reina_letizia_banquete_uk_2a-a.jpg
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=177f6fc38487b6cd0fbdc7d9ac9c1ce9&oe=59C8EA8A

Last edited:
For me it looked much better than the first time with the black dress where Letizia looked like a maid.

Letizia has never looked like a maid independently of the dress she's worn. But then, it's quite a "normal" derogatory comment considering who is making it.

Last edited:
Letizia has never looked like a maid independently of the dress she's worn. But then, it's quite a "normal" derogatory comment considering who is making it.

I'm not surprised about your comment either ;)

Those are not the same Andrew. They are a different set.

While I love the stones in Letizia's earrings the style is too big/clunky for her face...they just detracted from her whole look. Someone with more stature or a different facial shape needs to wear that style.

LaRae

While I love the stones in Letizia's earrings the style is too big/clunky for her face...they just detracted from her whole look. Someone with more stature or a different facial shape needs to wear that style.

LaRae

Yes, and when combined with that tiara, the look is jarring rather than stunning. More delicate earrings would have been much better.

the only tiara that wouldn't clash with those earrings in the spanish collection is the prussia/hanover tiara and the twin bracelets as much as i love them doesn't match either the one that would match is her cartier one.

Yes, and when combined with that tiara, the look is jarring rather than stunning. More delicate earrings would have been much better.

Yes...something more floral even...or as you say delicate...I don't have a clue what all the Spanish ladies have access too but I'm guessing they would have something that would of worked better.

LaRae

I LOVED the 'stylistic mismatch' between the Floral Tiara and the Earrings yesterday. The SRF has no Parures, and therefore on big occasions must make interesting combinations with what they do have.
Queen Letizia seems to have an aversion to necklaces [reducing the options yet further] but yesterday a BIG impression was made, and an extremely chic one too. Bravo Ma'am.

I personally don't like the look of La Buena, and it certainly doesn't suit Letizia's head (Sofia looked better with it with her face shape, hairstyle) but at this state visit there was no way around it, no option NOT to wear it for the state dinner.

For the second night I had hoped for a new tiara or at least the shell to be repeated for the second time. Yes, the floral tiara is pretty and delicate but I think it has been worn too often now. Time to retire it for Leonor

EDIT - nice close ups of both events
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/moda/a.../0-469-551/reina_letizia_banquete_uk_2a-a.jpg
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=177f6fc38487b6cd0fbdc7d9ac9c1ce9&oe=59C8EA8A

I can not agree with you. I think the Fleur de lys looks great on Leti, its "new" for us to see someone other with "la Buena" For me im scared to think about it how Victoria might look with Braganza or Sapphire Tiara, or Mette with big guns. .. I think she looked stunning.. I also disagree with Floral Tiara, yes she has worn this Tiara often since becoming Queen, but she had just 8 Tiara Events, and wore it 5 times. Also Queen Sofia choose the Floral Tiara during state visits, we have seen her just a couple of times with a different Tiara, like Cartier, or shell.. I think its ok leti choose this Tiara. We also dont know who owns the other Tiaras, maybe they gave a Tiara too Cristina, so we have to wait which Tiara she choose in future.

I also thinks she looks great with La Buena but the Floral suits her best for now. It goes well with her delicate features. I think the "problem" if it can be called a problem is that the La Buena has a lot of height reminiscent of beauty pageant crowns. Queen Letizia has the face of a beauty queen, to be honest, and if she were not as attractive, people wouldn't think of beauty queens when they see her wearing it. I think the more mature she gets, the better suited she will be to La Buena.

I don't have an issue of her wearing the floral repeatedly but maybe sometimes look to others with little tiara options like CP Mary and her ruby parure as inspiration in how to dress repeatedly around a certain piece of jewelry?

The floral and Prussian Tiaras seem to suit Letizia's petite frame best.

That's quite a whopper of a ring. Interesting, for a person who has shunned rings for years. But I'm happy to see her play with statement jewels. I'd also love to see it closer up. Are those emeralds and diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom