Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar indeed! To me the back horn seems to be longer in Letizia's pair than in the Mango pair. But that might be deceiving. It is difficult to tell if they are the same.

I think is the same earrings. Me i don't like the shape at all.

I'm not a big fan of big earrings but that is very beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, very interesting. From the front not especially impressive but when viewed from the side .... really makes for interesting jewelry. I really like them, they are unusual.

But prettyness is of very great importance in terms of jewellery! Being pretty is an excellant reason for wearing it, imo. And when looking at how often the floral tiara has been worn, it must be a true favourite of Queen Sofia. My count might not be complete, but since Letizia entered the family I counted 27 tiara events for Queen Sofia, out of which she has worn the floral tiara 12 times. Also there were only two tiara events where both Sofia and Letizia attended without the floral being worn by either of them. For all other tiara events the floral was worn by one of the ladies.

The floral tiara also has historical importance and connections to the Royal Family. It was commissioned in 1879 by Alfonso XII for his betrothed Maria Cristina of Austria.

The floral tiara also has historical importance and connections to the Royal Family. It was commissioned in 1879 by Alfonso XII for his betrothed Maria Cristina of Austria.

I think that's the Loop tiara? The Floral tiara is a gift from Franco and has no historic relevance for the family.

No, it's the floral tiara. The info was released to the press in 2013 by Casa Real. In Spanish forums there had been rumours that the jewellers in Madrid where the Government bought the tiara for Sofía leaked back then that it had belonged to Queen María Cristina. Until Casa Real confirmed it in 2013 it was only a rumour.

The Cartier Loop tiara's original owner was also Queen Maria Cristina, but this one never left the family.

No, it's the floral tiara. The info was released to the press in 2013 by Casa Real. In Spanish forums there had been rumours that the jewellers in Madrid where the Government bought the tiara for Sofía leaked back then that it had belonged to Queen María Cristina. Until Casa Real confirmed it in 2013 it was only a rumour.

The Cartier Loop tiara's original owner was also Queen Maria Cristina, but this one never left the family.

Yes now I remember. I think they published the information after there was critizism about Letizia wearing the tiara to the Dutch inauguration.

Beautiful earrings especially the second. I think the stone is blue turkuaz maybe?

All tiaras very beautiful but my favourite Mellerio Shell tiara. The design is so different from the others.

This earrings don't much at all with the dress and the haistyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see those diamond chandeliers again! I missed them for quite a while, but Letizia used to wear them a lot at gala events in 2009. Imo they look gorgeous with that hairstyle and the black garment.

Hate the earrings. Love the lace pattern, but all thhat sheer uhm is tacky

Well this is an jewellery thread... Who would have imagined we need to use our magnifying glasses to spot a pearl here or a diamond there on Her Majesty The Queen of Spain. Come on, show some brille... ma'am!

I wish that Letizia would compliment them with a pearl brooch or bracelet just to add a more regal touch to her all business look!

Amen. Don't say it too loud. Sancta Letizia, "Modern Monarchy", you know...

:lol:

This thread should be renamed "Queen Letizia Earrings".
sobbing.gif

I wonder why she's stopped wearing necklaces, I mean it's not like she's never used them. Sometimes it's just what she would need to step up one of her ok-but-rather-boring-and-predictable looks.
Letizia has shown lovely jewels, both modern and more classic pieces

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

And so many others.
Maybe she thought she had to wear them but she never liked them in the first place. Of course it's not the end of the day, but she looked so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom