Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always a lot of speculation about the Queen's star earrings which she habitually chooses to wear and again wore on the Proclamation day. I came across a piece of news about the famous earrings: These were a design of Coco Chanel from 1932 which Karl Lagerfeld remade in 2008. The earrings were a gift of the Chanel house to Princess Letizia upon the birth of Infanta Leonor.

The article below talks about her dress, earrings and accesories

El primer vestido de la Reina - ABC.es

That is really interesting. Never heard that take on the star earring before. I wonder if they were truly made by Chanel but purchased as gift to Letizia by Felipe. We will probably never know the true story now. Love all these tid-bits about tiny things.

There is always a lot of speculation about the Queen's star earrings which she habitually chooses to wear and again wore on the Proclamation day. I came across a piece of news about the famous earrings: These were a design of Coco Chanel from 1932 which Karl Lagerfeld remade in 2008. The earrings were a gift of the Chanel house to Princess Letizia upon the birth of Infanta Leonor.

The article below talks about her dress, earrings and accesories

El primer vestido de la Reina - ABC.es

I have to question the part about Chanel giving her the earrings. As much as she wears them, I have to think they were in fact a gift from Felipe. I can't see a sentimental attachment for something from a company but from her husband definitely.

:previous: That would also explain why Infanta Lenore was wearing them at the Abdication where her mother wore her wedding earrings.

:previous: That would also explain why Infanta Lenore was wearing them at the Abdication where her mother wore her wedding earrings.
Are you sure that Infanta Leonor wore her mother's earrings? I haven't seen close-ups of the Infanta, but in all the pics I have seen Leonor's earrings looked so tiny, much smaller than Letizia's stars. Actually I believe that Leonor wore the same tiny studs on both occasions.

Does anybody have any further details about the flower earrings worn by Queen Letizia to the El Greco exhibition? I would love to know who designed these and how long Letizia has owned them.

Lovely. :flowers: She is more radiant - more confident.

Maybe because now it's on her - she's in no one's shadow - and she knows how to be the one who sets the tone, and makes the decisions, having been a career woman with a high profile. She knows how to do this in a way that goes beyond just her 'apprenticeship' as Princess, when she had to be mindful of her mother-in-law and father-in-law.

I see something similar with Sophie Wessex in the UK. Her PR background has made her public appearances a seamless joy to watch. She understands what her role is in front of the camera.

Interesting that two royal spouses have this background. Makes a difference.

Does anybody have any further details about the flower earrings worn by Queen Letizia to the El Greco exhibition? I would love to know who designed these and how long Letizia has owned them.

I don't know who designed them but Letizia worn them in her early days as princess. It's not only earrings but also a ring that she has worn together with the earrings on some occasions.

I don't know who designed them but Letizia worn them in her early days as princess. It's not only earrings but also a ring that she has worn together with the earrings on some occasions.

Do you have any images of the ring? Thanks for your input!

The long absence of her wedding ring is really bizarre,I though she'd at least wear it on her 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Maybe she misplaced or lost it?

The long absence of her wedding ring is really bizarre,I though she'd at least wear it on her 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Maybe she misplaced or lost it?

It does not bother me. From a distance, the marriage does not appear to be in trouble, and the family appears to be happy. That is all that matters to me.

It does not bother me. From a distance, the marriage does not appear to be in trouble, and the family appears to be happy. That is all that matters to me.

It doesn't bother me nor do I have any doubts on her marriage,I'm more puzzled about its disappearance which I personally found strange.

Never really think about it as a problem. My husband lost his wedding ring while deep sea diving on Great Barrier Reef in Australia in 1995. Bothered him more than me. Got him another quite different one five years later.

I thought the reason for no Wedding/Engagement Rings is because Felipe had asked Christina and Inaki to pick them up for him, to keep the Press off the scent, and they had used a Credit Card that was from one of the Noos Accounts to pay for the Rings. I remember reading that in an article from a link posted here at TRF the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I thought the reason for no Wedding/Engagement Rings is because Felipe had asked Christina and Inaki to pick them up for him, to keep the Press off the scent, and they had used a Credit Card that was from one of the Noos Accounts to pay for the Rings. I remember reading that in an article from a link posted here at TRF the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I might be wrong but I don't believe the wedding ring was picked up by Christina and Inaki but as per the press was the engagement ring was?

Last edited:
I would love to see her wear her wedding and engagement rings again but, if they were tainted by scandal I can see that the gilt would definitely be off the gingerbread and the rings lost their romanticism.

There is also the possibility that she, like Victoria, cannot wear rings for any length of time due to skin sensitivity and usually wears none at all.

Has anyone spotted her wearing any rings at all for a sustained period of time?

Maybe she'll get some new rings in the future, it's her 10th anniversary after all. If her rings have really been ruined by the scandal that Christina & Inaki have found themselves in, I'm hoping that Felipe will buy her some new ones.

She probably cannot wear rings when she is going to shake hands with people. I saw a picture, on this forum I think, showing her hands looking like they were bleeding after shaking many hands after she became Queen. The hands were either red from sensitivity or bleeding badly. Now one could say, well, that's just the right hand...but you know how it is when many people want to come close and shake hands, they might take her left hand if it was the only one available.
That engagement ring looks very heavy--beautiful, but too heavy for her delicate hands.
My wedding ring was similar--heavy with too many stones (not the expensive diamonds but aquamarines). it tore my hose when I got dressed to go to work, so I left it at home when I was in a hurry. And it was stolen soon after I started doing that, the only thing in the house stolen because the thieves knew something valuable when they saw it, and could see nothing else was of much value. I discovered too that I could not wear gold at all. I wear only silver rings, and the silver rings that replaced the heavy gold eventually (years later) are lightweight scrolls with hearts and flowers and a small amethyst...these are much better.

But if Queen Letizia's rings, either one, was associated with the scandal, she would not want to wear them. Maybe she too could wear platinum or silver better.

I might be wrong but I believe the wedding ring was picked up by Christina and Inaki but as per the press was the engagement ring was?

The wedding band has NOTHING to do with the scandal, it is the engagement ring that was rumored to be picked up by Inaki.

There is no obvious reason not to wear the wedding ring, Felipe wears it on his left hand so it does not interrupt with writing/shaking other people's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom