Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These Tous earrings are great, nice idea to have different earrings as a pair. They have emerald, chrysoprase, green tourmaline, turquoise, ruby, opal and pink quartz.
Beethoven - Woman - Earrings

Really funny. She is more creative on Earrings, since she is Queen. I like that. But I am still waiting for the REAL stuff ;):p
BYe Bine

I don't like the idea of different colours, a complete pair of red toned earrings would have looked better.

Its great that Letizia found out that she owns earrings. Now lets hope she finds out that she owns rings and brooches!

She is so exquisite in that red and the earrings are kicky enough to give it that extra little boost. She looks amazing.:flowers:

I love the earrings, the different colouring gives them a nice informal touch. And that's the reason I wouldn't have used them for such a formal event like this one :D

Queen Letizia had 2 tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

This is pure perfection. :flowers: There are moments when her beauty is quite striking and this is one of those moments imo.

I agree. The Floral tiara works so well for her.

These ruby earrings and necklace are stunning!

Pic

These ruby earrings and necklace are stunning!

Pic

Wow there's a blast from the past,the earrings are nice but I never liked the necklace ,I think Letizia has only worn it once or twice.

All except the tiara belong to Queen Sofia,however we may see Letizia wearing the Fleur de Lys tiara at some future event as its reserved for use by the Queen.

Sofia's face is wide and her hairstyle in favour for such a tiara. I have difficulties imagining it on Letizia's head because the tiara is so big and wide, her facial features are more in favour of small pieces.

Sofia's face is wide and her hairstyle in favour for such a tiara. I have difficulties imagining it on Letizia's head because the tiara is so big and wide, her facial features are more in favour of small pieces.

Queen Victoria Eugenie wore the tiara in her young years in a more closed Version. Probably the tiara is till flexible and can be worn again like this and then it would also better suit to Letizias head. But much is also depeding in the hairstyle like we can see at the example of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the the Elisabeth Mihiailovna tiara.

I would LOVE to see Letizia break out and wear her new tiara...the one we have not seen yet! :)

We may never see that tiara,well that's if it does actually exist!

She has some beautiful diamond chandeliers. I would love to see them in 2015!!

I would like to see Letizia with any of the tiaras she hasn't yet worn. She might not own Queen Ena's pearl tiara or the pearl loop tiara, but Dona Sofia might well agree to loan them to the new Queen. And the new Ansorena fleur-de-lys tiara is a miracle I'd like to be proven true. Although I think that I won't like the look of it being worn.

And I think she could throw in a necklace from time to time :).

I maybe wrong but I think her mother in law is the current custodian of the small Spanish tiara collection,but it would be nice to see her wearing a different one in the future.As we have so far never seem the fabled diamond Fleur de lys tiara I'm skeptical of its very existence.

I would like to see Letizia with any of the tiaras she hasn't yet worn. She might not own Queen Ena's pearl tiara or the pearl loop tiara, but Dona Sofia might well agree to loan them to the new Queen. And the new Ansorena fleur-de-lys tiara is a miracle I'd like to be proven true. Although I think that I won't like the look of it being worn.

And I think she could throw in a necklace from time to time :).

Sofía doesn't own the Cartier tiara nor Maria Cristina's pearl loop tiara, they belong to Juan Carlos. While she was the consort surely she was the custodian and could wear them and lend them at her will, now Juan Carlos (and Sofía) may have passed them along to Felipe.

Queen Letizia wore for the second or third time since becoming Queen, her old de Grisogono black and white diamonds earrings at the Telefónica Ability Awards:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...kly_black_earrings_adde-m-9_1421099730109.jpg

Last edited:
There is the possibility that Sofia gives some of the tiaras she owns to her daughters, eg the prussian tiara. I guess the rest will go to Letizia and ultimately to Leonor who will be reigning monarch.

I too think that if Elena and Cristina inherit a tiara it will be one of the smaller ones that are Sofía's personal property. Although nowadays nobody, except members of the RF at state dinners and aristocratic brides at their weddings, wear tiaras in Spain, so they would hardly use the tiaras except for the brides at their children's weddings.

I too think that if Elena and Cristina inherit a tiara it will be one of the smaller ones that are Sofía's personal property. Although nowadays nobody, except members of the RF at state dinners and aristocratic brides at their weddings, wear tiaras in Spain, so they would hardly use the tiaras except for the brides at their children's weddings.

I do hope that Sofia leaves the bulk of her jewellery to Letizia, who has a real chance of using them. The only times that Elena and Cristina will get to use them will be when they attend weddings / tiara events of other royal houses, however infrequent those events might be for these two.

I hope Sofia leaves her tiaras directly to Leonor.

I maybe wrong but I think her mother in law is the current custodian of the small Spanish tiara collection,but it would be nice to see her wearing a different one in the future.As we have so far never seem the fabled diamond Fleur de lys tiara I'm skeptical of its very existence.
I am also skeptical about the new Ansorena tiara, it is a weird story. But the jewellers themselves spoke about it to the press. Would they really have made up the whole story, when they have such an old business connection to the Royal House? It's so strange!
There is the possibility that Sofia gives some of the tiaras she owns to her daughters, eg the prussian tiara. I guess the rest will go to Letizia and ultimately to Leonor who will be reigning monarch.
Infanta Elena still has the Marichalar tiara, a wedding present from her in-laws. And Infanta Christina will probably never again attend a tiara event, not after the corruption scandal. So I don't think that they will inherit a family tiara. Instead they'll probably inherit other, more wearable private jewels and other assets.

I'm convinced that JC and Sofia will make sure that the historically important jewels and the tiaras will be available to the current and future monarchs. And therefore I also can't imagine that they will bypass the current monarchs and leave it to Leonor.

Why? Why not Letizia (or the King)?

Letizia seems to not enjoy tiaras and jewels keeping mostly to lovely earrings. I'd love to see Leonor (if she chooses) able to wear a selection of tiaras when she's of age rather than wait until she's Queen.

Letizia seems to not enjoy tiaras and jewels keeping mostly to lovely earrings. I'd love to see Leonor (if she chooses) able to wear a selection of tiaras when she's of age rather than wait until she's Queen.
Ah, I understand your point. But I think that Felipe and Letizia will allow the Infantas to borrow the jewels. Sofia shared tiaras with her daughters, so will Letizia. And the Infantas will have to start with the smaller tiaras, because that is appropriate. Leonor can't wear the bigger tiaras when Letizia wears the small ones. That would look improper.

Ah, I understand your point. But I think that Felipe and Letizia will allow the Infantas to borrow the jewels. Sofia shared tiaras with her daughters, so will Letizia. And the Infantas will have to start with the smaller tiaras, because that is appropriate. Leonor can't wear the bigger tiaras when Letizia wears the small ones. That would look improper.

Well said.

We don't know at what time Leonor will be Queen, when Letizia is still around. Ideally Felipe will grow old but who knows. Leonor will get access to all but Sofia's personally jewelley (that she might want to share with her own daughters and their daughters) anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom