The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2018, 12:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, and I did not like it on her, either. I think the floral tiara is young and fun but does not look good anymore on a middle aged Queen, no matter who she is.

In my opinion it would be wrong to hide the Floral in the vaults. Yes the Floral is girly but its the most classic design, has a nice size and suits her best- unfortunately they do not own a Fringe or another classic design. and i would be bored to see the Cartier Pearls all time /the shell is the worst Tiara imo, her own pearl fleur de lys look unfinished and the prussian no comment. Of course the time wich tiara she prefers. I guess we will see the Cartier Pearls for next Tiara events (state visit from france-coronation Japan- because its a big gun but not the biggest)

Old 11-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, and I did not like it on her, either. I think the floral tiara is young and fun but does not look good anymore on a middle aged Queen, no matter who she is.
I don't think there is anything about a floral tiara, especially a well-designed and balanced one like this, that is inappropriate for any age. I liked it when Sophia wore it, and I think it looks even better on Letizia. I hope she continues to wear it, because it's a lovely one, and it would be a shame not to use it. It's a nice in-between size, and should get some use when the big gun tiaras would be too much.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

I like the floral tiara on Letizia, especially with the sleek, elegant up-dos she recently uses for her tiaras. And although the floral tiara is suitable for younger ladies, I don't think it particularly girlish. Imo, it looks good on women of all ages.

Once Leonor and Sofia start attending tiara events, they will probably share the three smaller tiaras with her mother, in a similar way as Queen Sophia shared tiaras with her daughters and Letizia. So, I'd be surprised if Leonor received a 18th birthday tiara as a gift.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

Once Leonor and Sofia start attending tiara events, they will probably share the three smaller tiaras with her mother, in a similar way as Queen Sophia shared tiaras with her daughters and Letizia. So, I'd be surprised if Leonor received a 18th birthday tiara as a gift.

I think if Leonor will get an 18th birthday tiara it will either be the Austurias Fleur de Lys tiara which is handed over to her or that Sofia gives her the prussian tiara.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Remember the time when she constantly wore her diamond star earrings?
That was one of the jewel lows for Letizia,the rings had just vanished and then the Diamond Stars were super glued on for about 5 years

Bizarre how she never wears her wedding ring ,not even on the kings Accession day and back came the underwhelming boring Star Earrings on the most important act as consort for that most public of events.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
That was one of the jewel lows for Letizia,the rings had just vanished and then the Diamond Stars were super glued on for about 5 years

Bizarre how she never wears her wedding ring ,not even on the kings Accession day and back came the underwhelming boring Star Earrings on the most important act as consort for that most public of events.

I agree i will never understand why she wore the stars on that day. She could have worn her wedding earrings( i know she wore them at the abdication)
Old 12-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Nobility

I think letizia wears a new pair of Sapphire earrings. my first impression-A middle easter gift- hope for better pics-EDIT i found a picture Q.Sofia wearing a similiar pair of earrings in 1985-im not able to post the link.

https://josepgegundez.photoshelter.c...00068aKG.mLQJ0
Old 12-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I think letizia wears a new pair of Sapphire earrings. my first impression-A middle easter gift- hope for better pics

https://look.okdiario.com/img/2018/1...422436_005.jpg
https://look.okdiario.com/img/2018/1...422436_007.jpg
Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I think letizia wears a new pair of Sapphire earrings. my first impression-A middle easter gift- hope for better pics-EDIT i found a picture Q.Sofia wearing a similiar pair of earrings in 1985-im not able to post the link.

Those sapphire earrings are very nice ,I don't recall seeing them before and perhaps they are new.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Queen Letizia wears Q.Sofias Ruby dove earrings. She already wore them in Japan,UK

https://www.semana.es/wp-content/upl...1-696x1015.jpg

Japan

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/99/4d...b465bc8e05.jpg

UK
https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards....s-Burberry.jpg
Old 12-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Courtier

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I haven't been able to find the discussion, so I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I understand that a lot of the jewelry worn by Letizia is borrowed from Queen Sophia, who apparently personally owns it. If Sophia wishes to leave it to her daughters, what is the tax situation in Spain? Will there be taxes that would force the sale of a good part of the inheritance? Could Sophia avoid that by setting up a trust and leaving the jewels to be added to the Joyas de Pasar?
Old 12-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Lovely earrings, hope we get to see them used more in the future.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I haven't been able to find the discussion, so I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I understand that a lot of the jewelry worn by Letizia is borrowed from Queen Sophia, who apparently personally owns it. If Sophia wishes to leave it to her daughters, what is the tax situation in Spain? Will there be taxes that would force the sale of a good part of the inheritance? Could Sophia avoid that by setting up a trust and leaving the jewels to be added to the Joyas de Pasar?
My understanding is that inheritance tax rules in Spain are notoriously complicated.

Also, it is quite difficult to ascertain the true ownership of some of the jewellery that Sofia and Letizia have. If received as gifts whilst undertaking their official rules, do the jewels end up in some form of "Royal Collection" or are theirs to keep?

If privately owned, can they use Trust structures to escape the inheritance tax rules? So, in short, more questions that answers.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They really are gorgeous earrings,queen Sofia has some really impressive jewels .
Old 12-15-2018, 02:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prussian Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I find this tiara terrible. One of my least favorites.
Old Today, 03:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Good view on the big diamond earrings of Victoria Eugenia of the passing jewels that were repeated last night.
https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/e...17-002052786/2

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain