The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Its just a feeling, but i think they will make a state visit to denmark next year, and she will wear the Loop Tiara. I think she debuted this tiara, not to attract attention during a state visit with another royal house --the same she did with La Buena I think

Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
After Queen Letizia debut all the big Tiaras I wounder what will she debut next?

I would like to see her with collet diamond necklace from the Joyas de Pasar.

And there are plenty other necklaces who could be brought out.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Its just a feeling, but i think they will make a state visit to denmark next year, and she will wear the Loop Tiara. I think she debuted this tiara, not to attract attention during a state visit with another royal house --the same she did with La Buena I think
That is a nice theory, but she already debuted Queen Ena's Cartier pearl tiara this April at the State Banquet for Portugal. I find it amazing, that she debuts two important tiaras in a row. She could have waited with one of them, but for some reason she didn't. Not that I mind, though.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Letizia will wear all the Spanish tiaras except the Prussian tiara who belongs privately to Queen Sofia.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Letizia seems to have an aversion to necklaces and rings ,both only appear once in a blue moon,I don't think we've seen her wear any rings so far in 2018.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 11-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Queen Letizia will wear all the Spanish tiaras except the Prussian tiara who belongs privately to Queen Sofia.

She has worn the prussian tiara plenty of times as Princess of Asturias. But no as Queen she has the choice between more tiaras. Also Queen Sofia wore it seldom. Also the floral wreath tiara and the Mellerio Shell tiara are owned by Queen Sofia as she got them as Wedding presents.

I think we will see the prussian tiara next on Leonor.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've never really considered the Prussian Tiara as a queens tiara but an ideal choice as a starter tiara for an Infanta/Princess.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 11-29-2018, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Letizia seems to have an aversion to necklaces and rings ,both only appear once in a blue moon,I don't think we've seen her wear any rings so far in 2018.

I think she will wear the necklace once or twice in her lifetime. Its a gorgeous necklace but its quite long and might looking cheap/costume jewelery with the wrong dress. Btw it wasnt worn very often by her mother in law, I think she wore it just three times in her time as Queen 1985,2004,2014) And you are right about the ring in 2017 she wore the mistery green ring a couple of times)
Old 11-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I've never really considered the Prussian Tiara as a queens tiara but an ideal choice as a starter tiara for an Infanta/Princess.

I agree. Nevertheless, I hope to see the tiara again on Letizia, rather the Prussian than always the Floral.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That is a nice theory, but she already debuted Queen Ena's Cartier pearl tiara this April at the State Banquet for Portugal. I find it amazing, that she debuts two important tiaras in a row. She could have waited with one of them, but for some reason she didn't. Not that I mind, though.

So it is with the royals, Whenever I think they have a sytem, which tiara is worn when, they surprise me. I think every future state visit to another royal house will be a surprise. Sofia carried the Fleur de lys only on a state visit to England and Belgium, in the Netherlands it was the Floral and the Shell, in Sweden the Floral, Prussian, Ruby, in Norway the Shell and Prussian Loop, in Luxembourg the Ruby Cartier Pearl.
she had at the beginning of her queen time only small tiaras and La Buena available-no loop or Cartier pearl
Old 11-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Yes Sofia owns alot of necklace but i think We have to be satisfied with the earrings.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Nobility

After she debuted all Tiaras (not the ruby) I think upcoming state visits will tell which Tiaras she favor.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
After she debuted all Tiaras (not the ruby) I think upcoming state visits will tell which Tiaras she favor.

shell and prussian have not been worn as queen, and the prussian tiara might go wherever sofia wants it to go, but i do hope to see the shell tiara once more.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
shell and prussian have not been worn as queen, and the prussian tiara might go wherever sofia wants it to go, but i do hope to see the shell tiara once more.

Yes I know we have not seem them worn as Queen but they wouldn't be new on her so it wouldnt be a "debut". I think Sofia wants Leonor to have as many tiaras as possible when she is queen. (EDIT at the beginning she did not have many to choose from) (Assuming that the monarchy still exists for decades) I can imagine that the Prussian remains in the main line (also carried by infanta sofia) and Leonor gets the shell inherited from Sofia or even as a 18th birthday present------Theoretically, Sofia can do whatever she wants with the Shell, Prussian, and Rubies. (sell, give to Elena / Cristina or her other grandchildren-)
Old 11-30-2018, 12:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2
Old 11-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Let's not forget that the floral tiara was another wedding present to Queen Sofia, and Letizia has worn it loads of times after becoming Queen. I tend to think that it's simply her favourite, and it suits her very well, doesn't it? Letizia seems to be a person who likes to stick to her favourite jewels. Remember the time when she constantly wore her diamond star earrings? It's nearly always the same fleur-de-lys brooch for her, and she constantly wears her wide diamond bracelets, both the bracelets from the joyas de pasar, and the before that the Cartier bracelet.

I'd like to add that the floral tiara always was a favourite with Queen Sophia and Infanta Cristina as well. It's the tiara Sophia herself has most often worn. And at events with more than one Spanish royal lady present, the floral hardly never stayed at the vault.

So, it's all the more astonishing that she has debuted both of the grand pearl tiaras this year. It's as if she's really gone out of her way. That was really a treat for us tiara watchers!
Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Even though the floral tiara is beautiful, I am glad that Letizia now starts wearing the bigger guns in the collection, because to me the floral tiara is quite girly too and for me it would be a good idea to keep it in the vault for Leonor and Sofia instead of putting it on the head on an almost 50 year old Queen who has much better options now.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Even though the floral tiara is beautiful, I am glad that Letizia now starts wearing the bigger guns in the collection, because to me the floral tiara is quite girly too and for me it would be a good idea to keep it in the vault for Leonor and Sofia instead of putting it on the head on an almost 50 year old Queen who has much better options now.

On the other hand Queen Sofia also wore it a lot in the 1990's early 2000's despite her other options.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Both new tiaras are gorgeous on Letizia. the looks are very similar. dark conservative dresses, same earrings and hair similar. Its a perfect Queen look. Spain has some incredible jewels!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
On the other hand Queen Sofia also wore it a lot in the 1990's early 2000's despite her other options.
Yes, and I did not like it on her, either. I think the floral tiara is young and fun but does not look good anymore on a middle aged Queen, no matter who she is.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain