The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2018, 03:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Another Tiara Debut for Queen Letizia! | The Court Jeweller
Lovey tiara...almost too big for her! LaRae
Great tiara with spectacular earrings and superb makeup. She is looking exceptional here. (I think the tiara size is perfect for her).

Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
No, you are not the only one carlota. I think it's a magnificent tiara that absolutely overwhelms Letizia's fine frame. But it's nice to see it again. I also think it's a bit of an 'in your face' to her detractors.

Maybe we'll get to see more bijoux now, that could be the silver lining of the Easter clouds.
I agree with that - stunning tiara, but a bit big on Letizia, but that goes for most tiaras of the collection. IMO its still better suited than the Fleur de Lys.

Regarding 'in your face' - I think it's rather the opposite, quite predictable that Letizia would come out with a new piece of Sofia's jewel box, kind of a sign of appeasement between the 2 Queens, like 'gracious gesture of the old Queen towards the new Queen'.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 AM
Nobility

The tiara is stunning and sits well.
The dress would be better for me if it were a white or pale.
I find the pearl spots too fussy.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:08 AM
Majesty

yes, i read online it was part of the joyas de pasar, but indeed i remembered only one tiara in that set, so i guess my sources made a mistake :)

needless to say, i like the actual tiara in the joyas de pasar better than this one. even if it is huge, it seems to complement letizia much better.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia wore the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara for the first time tonight. Queen Victoria Eugenie had this tiara made by Cartier in 1920. Over the years, she had some emeralds adapted to the pearls of the tiara and sometimes exchanged them. The emerald as well as the collier were sold later and now the tiara is only worn with pearls. Victoria Eugenie gave the tiara to her daughter, who wore the tiara quite frequently. At some point, (90´s) King Juan Carlos bought the tiara from his aunt and was worn by Queen Sofia. In 2010, Infanta Cristina surprised the royal watchers when she wore the tiara to the wedding of CP Victoria. Since 2010, the tiara was no longer worn, until yesterday.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...26&oe=5B6C1548
Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its really a tiara that should be reserved for the queen or queen mother along with the fleur de lys .
Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its really a tiara that should be reserved for the queen or queen mother along with the fleur de lys .
The Infanta Doña Cristina has worn it as well: picture.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

The tiara suits her really well, I like it much better than the other big one.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-17-2018, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think there's any coincidence in her wearing a tiara so closely related to Queen Sofia. A great piece and it suits her well. For someone so small, she wears tiaras extremely well
Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't think there's any coincidence in her wearing a tiara so closely related to Queen Sofia. A great piece and it suits her well. For someone so small, she wears tiaras extremely well
How is the diadem "so closely related to Queen Sofía"? The last time she wore it was 14 years ago. The last wearer of it was the Infanta Doña Cristina...

Old 04-17-2018, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Infanta Cristina wore it ONCE.. the emeritus Queen wore it REPEATEDLY...
Old 04-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with that - stunning tiara, but a bit big on Letizia, but that goes for most tiaras of the collection. IMO its still better suited than the Fleur de Lys.

Regarding 'in your face' - I think it's rather the opposite, quite predictable that Letizia would come out with a new piece of Sofia's jewel box, kind of a sign of appeasement between the 2 Queens, like 'gracious gesture of the old Queen towards the new Queen'.
I agree it's better than the Fleur de Lys, I feel that tiara is too fussy for Letizia's style. The architectural style of the Art Deco Cartier tiara suits her much better.

And of course you're right about the 'in the face' comment, that was poorly worded on my part. I think it's a sign of collaboration between the Queens, which is also a nice silver lining.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
How is the diadem "so closely related to Queen Sofía"? The last time she wore it was 14 years ago. The last wearer of it was the Infanta Doña Cristina...

Queen Sofia wore this Tiara the last time in 2007. The first time we have seen the Tiara on Q.Sofia in 1987. She wore this Tiara for 15 State Visits and Oficial Pictures. Maybe people call this close to Sofia because she wore it mainly in the 2000s. ( (80s 4x-- 90s 4x --2000s 7x)
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another Tiara Debut for Queen Letizia! | The Court Jeweller

The tiara and earrings are exquisite. I hope this will be a frequently worn tiara.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Courtier

This tiara is stunning. She wears it really well.

The earrings go well with it, too.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Courtier

I guess, if you want to divert attention from certain things, you wear something new (to you) and shiny.

At least this one doesn't swallow her the way the ugly one she wore in the UK did.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think Letizia also wore queen Ena's diamond earrings last year during the State Visit from Argentina,they really are a stunning pair.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I guess, if you want to divert attention from certain things, you wear something new (to you) and shiny.

At least this one doesn't swallow her the way the ugly one she wore in the UK did.
Do you mean the Sapphire ones for Guildhall or the Diamond earrings she wore for Gala with Queen ElizabethII?
Old 04-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I think Letizia also wore queen Ena's diamond earrings last year during the State Visit from Argentina,they really are a stunning pair.
She wore them a couple of times. The first time at Argentine State visit and later in UK, Mexico and reception for israel President 2017
Old 04-18-2018, 03:13 AM
Nobility

Letizia wore a pair of gold earrings for the return dinner last night. I think it was a gift from the Portuguese president from the state visit last time.

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/real...portugal/30505

CP Mary wore the same (or very very similar) earrings a few times in 2014.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...auty-Looks.jpg

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain