The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so happy that she finally wears Queen Ena's pearl tiara. For years, royal watchers have speculated that it would be way too big for her, but imo it suits her well. The tiara is a whopper, for sure, but Queen Letiza found a good way to place it and looks lovely and regal. So that's the sixth tiara she has worn.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great to see this tiara worn again and it looks stunning on Letizia tonight.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd like to think there is an element of 'stick THAT in your pipe,and smoke it' going on here ..
Bravo majestad !
Old 04-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

I might not like her gown but she rocks that tiara the best of anyone so far......just gorgeous on her, and those earrings are to die for.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anyone know when this tiara was last seen? Maybe on Cristina at Victoria's wedding in 2010?
Old 04-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Anyone know when this tiara was last seen? Maybe on Cristina at Victoria's wedding in 2010?
That's correct. Queen Sofia has worn it for the last time in 2007 at the State Visit from Romania, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Majesty

i may be the only one but i find that tiara doesn't suit letizia much - i can see how it took her all these years to use it. who knows, maybe this is a statement by letizia following the issue with queen sofia in palma - that tiara was used a lot by sofia, and by letizia using it maybe it is a nod to the fact they actually get along (the media who don't know that it is part of the joyas de pasar at letizia's disposal can say that 'sofia lent it to her').
Old 04-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cartier tiara is not part of the "Joyas de pasar". The Fleur de Lys is the only tiara in that set. The Cartier is indeed Queen Sofia's property or, more especifically, King Juan Carlos', since he purchased it from his aunt Infanta Maria Cristina.

Surprisingly enough, the tiara looks somehow smaller on Letizia than on Sofia. I actually think it's the tiara that suits her the most after the floral. It's really a gorgeous piece, my favourite from the Spanish Royal vault.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
The Cartier tiara is not part of the "Joyas de pasar". The Fleur de Lys is the only tiara in that set. The Cartier is indeed Queen Sofia's property or, more especifically, King Juan Carlos', since he pirchased it from his aunt Infanta Maria Cristina.
You are right its not a part of Joyas de pasar. Tbh i think its intersting people call this one of "important" Tiaras. I dont think so. Its a "Young" Tiara not so old like the Shell, Floral, or loop. and its not a part of joyas de pasar. The Tiara also left the main royal family and was sold back quite late.. I still love this Tiara
Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Its' a stunningly beautiful tiara and I do think it suits Letizia very well - or more so that she wears it well.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It was most gracious of queen Sofia to lend her daughter in law this beautiful tiara ,one of the grandest pieces in the Spanish jewel vault.

I didn't notice a brooch or bracelets tonight?
Old 04-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

No one really knows who the tiara belongs to, whether Queen Sofia or King Juan Carlos. The tiara was bought by Juan Carlos from his aunt infanta Maria Cristina, but it is not known if he really gave it to his wife, or if he bought the tiara for the family collection. It is the same case as the tiara of Queen María Cristina, that belonged to the Countess of Barcelona.

The Prussian tiara and the floral tiara are wholly owned by Sofia. Mellerio tiara was a gift from the Count and the Countess of Barcelona for her wedding, so even if it belongs to her, it is Borbon heritage.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe some people noticed the Cartier looked a bit "changed" on Letis head. But i think this change were made by Q.Sofia or Infanta Maria Christina.

Tiara on Q.Victoria Eugenie. 3 pearls each side and one scroll without pearl.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CPNa8yURIo...+%2813%29a.jpg

Tiara on Q.Letizia. 4 pearls each side and one scroll
http://desvistiendo-a-letizia.blogs....3-683x1024.jpg

During a state visit from russia to spain 1990 the Tiara already had 4 pearls. Previos State visits she wore the Tiara its not possible to if the Tiara has 3or4 pearls.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Majesty

Another Tiara Debut for Queen Letizia! | The Court Jeweller

Lovey tiara...almost too big for her!

LaRae
Old 04-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i may be the only one but i find that tiara doesn't suit letizia much - i can see how it took her all these years to use it. who knows, maybe this is a statement by letizia following the issue with queen sofia in palma - that tiara was used a lot by sofia, and by letizia using it maybe it is a nod to the fact they actually get along (the media who don't know that it is part of the joyas de pasar at letizia's disposal can say that 'sofia lent it to her').
No, you are not the only one carlota. I think it's a magnificent tiara that absolutely overwhelms Letizia's fine frame. But it's nice to see it again. I also think it's a bit of an 'in your face' to her detractors.

Maybe we'll get to see more bijoux now, that could be the silver lining of the Easter clouds.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it fits her beautifully, what a lovely piece
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Looks great on her. Nice seeing her wearing another one of the big tiaras
Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 PM
Nobility

I think this tiara suits her better than the huge fleur-de-lys tiara. What a nice surprise
Old 04-17-2018, 01:35 AM
Courtier

FINALLY! Her hair isn't perfect for it but who cares! Lovely tiara!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I'd like to think there is an element of 'stick THAT in your pipe,and smoke it' going on here ..
Bravo majestad !
Haha, a great comment!!!!

Letizia is simply looking STUNNING with that Tiara! What a WOWzer! She made my day!
BYe Bine

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain