The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #701  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,309
I am surprised the Court apparently made no effort to have a proper monture created for the new Queen. The old beige wrapping, matching Doña Sofía's coiffure is still in use. On close ups the settings are dirty and the metal is tarnished. And worse: to get it somehow fitted, the diadem was broken (!) in the base and besides two fleurs-de-lys...

The base is the start of every monture and usually that will be a solid 3/4 or completely round circle, the fundament of any monture. In my guess the diadem was taken out of the cassette, dirty and with old wrapping, "oops... it does not fit.... eeeehhh...." and someone with a pair of tongs cut the base and forced the Ansorena a bit in a desired shape, so it could wobble on Letizia's head for the banquet.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:25 PM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Letizia is the most petite of women, with a slim neck to boot...I wonder if she had a massive headache after wearing that huge tiara all evening?



I think I remember reading that is the reason the equally tiny Japanese Empress stopped wearing them. They gave her a headache as well as neck and back pain!


I've heard similar rumours about Mette-Marit of Norway. The reason for her mostly sticking to the Daisy bandeau is her neck (or is it back?) problems.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:27 PM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am surprised the Court apparently made no effort to have a proper monture created for the new Queen. The old beige wrapping, matching Doña Sofía's coiffure is still in use. On close ups the settings are dirty and the metal is tarnished. And worse: to get it somehow fitted, the diadem was broken (!) in the base and besides two fleurs-de-lys...

The base is the start of every monture and usually that will be a solid 3/4 or completely round circle, the fundament of any monture. In my guess the diadem was taken out of the cassette, dirty and with old wrapping, "oops... it does not fit.... eeeehhh...." and someone with a pair of tongs cut the base and forced the Ansorena a bit in a desired shape, so it could wobble on Letizia's head for the banquet.


Didn't Letizia turn up at an event with a broken Floral tiara a few years ago. Maybe there's no regular maintenance of the royal jewels at all like in most other monarchies?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Didn't Letizia turn up at an event with a broken Floral tiara a few years ago. Maybe there's no regular maintenance of the royal jewels at all like in most other monarchies?
Did she? I don't remember that. When would that have been?
Apparently these kind of things happen from time to time. Remember that even QEII's wedding tiara broke on the big day and looked crooked? I still think that Letizia looks smashing, and the crookedness of the tiara was hard to perceive.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 02-24-2017, 01:26 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,621
The tiara was missing one of the petals during the state visit from Colombia in 2015, and some months later it was fixed for the SV from Peru

Vanitatis contacted with Ansorena and they say the Fleur-de- Lys tiara is not broken. Actually, the piece was designed to be worn in different positions. It's said to have some claws that allow to round it in different grades. Queen Ena herself used it as a coronet at first:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...m/enacrown.jpg

And later, she was pictured wearing it VERY open, over the forehead as was the fashion at the time:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...a_of_Spain.jpg

On later photos, I think there is even a third position, more closed than the last one and the way it's worn today, like in the two last pictures in this series:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hl9hwbFQ6N...s1600/_Ena.jpg

What some experts are saying is that, to allow the changes, the base of the tiara might be articulated, not a continous piece. So whoever placed it on Letizia's hair didn't realize the base was not alright. Or maybe the base doesn't adjust as well as it used to anymore since it's an old piece and probably has stayed for years in the same position suited for Sofia's head.

Anyway, I agree that the way the jewellery is treated seems to be a little careless. In this case, it might have been a last hour incident, but it's hard to believe nobody realized the floral was missing a petal. Also it's quite odd that the wrapping has not been changed for Letizia. That makes me think it has not been altered in any way for Letizia and they took it from Sofia and tried to adjust it to Leti's head by using the mechanism in the tiara. Obviously it wasn't enough and it need some professional fixing.
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!


Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old 02-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,806
I never noticed the missing petal before. They should have noticed it when they positioned the tiara. You don't just snap off a piece of a tiara and throw that piece on the flour without noticing, I imagine.

What I find really odd, is how little they thought about adapting the colour of the velvet band. But I think that this has also happened in other Royal Houses as well.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old 02-24-2017, 02:59 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,621
March 2015, State Visit from Colombia (missing the petal):
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...XOm92UE4Gx.jpg

July 2015, State Visit from Peru (fixed petal):
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...k3oSaFNRnx.jpg
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!


Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old 02-27-2017, 09:30 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,555
The stunning Fleur de Lys diamond Brooch is one of queen Letizia's most beautiful pieces.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...c4Ng%3D%3D.2.c
__________________
20th of December,1963-Birth of HRH The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old 02-28-2017, 07:20 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The stunning Fleur de Lys diamond Brooch is one of queen Letizia's most beautiful pieces.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...c4Ng%3D%3D.2.c
The fleur-de-lys broche worn by Letiia was no so stunning. It was a just a sober fleur-de-lys with ultra-small, almost zirconia-like diamonds. I think you have been wrong-footed with the fleur-de-lys pictured in the middle, in your link above. That one is truly beautiful and of superior quality indeed but that was never worn by Letizia, as far as I know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,421
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Tiaras of Queen Letizia

Expect her wedding tiara I love all of these tiaras. They are stunning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #711  
Old 03-03-2017, 02:11 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,421
All of Letizia's tiara events:

Realeza Española
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old 03-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,747
Are these all her tiara events? I am surprised to see that she wore the Mellerio shell tiara only once. It is my favourte tiara of the Spanish collection by far.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old 03-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Are these all her tiara events? I am surprised to see that she wore the Mellerio shell tiara only once. It is my favourte tiara of the Spanish collection by far.
yes, this is a complete list of all tiara events. Prussian and Floral are the most-used ones.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old 03-04-2017, 04:23 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,747
It is easy to see why, the floral tiara is a handy piece that goes with everything while the Greek tiara seems light and easy to wear.

I hope we will see HM soon with the shell, scroll and the loop tiaras. I would not mind seeing the Niarchos rubies on her either.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old 03-04-2017, 08:59 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,131
If I'm not wrong the Prussian tiara goes from mother to daughter. It was a gift to the then Princess Frederika of Hannover and Greece by her mother. Then it went from Queen Frederika to her daughter future Queen Sofia, shouldn't go to Infanta Elena? It is a personal property and not a SRF one. Or I'm Wrong?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old 03-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Are these all her tiara events? I am surprised to see that she wore the Mellerio shell tiara only once. It is my favourte tiara of the Spanish collection by far.
Well, it's clearly not her favourite tiara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It is easy to see why, the floral tiara is a handy piece that goes with everything while the Greek tiara seems light and easy to wear.

I hope we will see HM soon with the shell, scroll and the loop tiaras. I would not mind seeing the Niarchos rubies on her either.
I hope the same!
So far, Sofia has never shared the Niarchos rubies with anyone. I looks like she considers this one as her most personal tiara, while the others all have dynastic relevance. They have been worn by previous generation, which kind of makes them family jewels, rather than personal jewels. Does it make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
If I'm not wrong the Prussian tiara goes from mother to daughter. It was a gift to the then Princess Frederika of Hannover and Greece by her mother. Then it went from Queen Frederika to her daughter future Queen Sofia, shouldn't go to Infanta Elena? It is a personal property and not a SRF one. Or I'm Wrong?
This tiara is Queen Sofia's personal property, so she is not bound to leave it to anybody in particular. That it so far has passed form mother to daughter does not mean, that it has to be passed from mother to daughter. Imo, the situation looks different nowadays, because times have changed and tiaras are no longer worn on a regular basis. Also, all the previous owners of the tiara have made politically important matches, so it was only fit that these brides should receive representative jewels. That's why I think that the tiara will stay with the main line of the family, and it will either go to the King or to the Princess of Asturias.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,131
Thanks a lot @Tilia C.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #718  
Old 04-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 139
Letizia did it again. she wore sofias ruby/bird earrings, we have seen them just a few time on sofia in the 80s. i cant remember she wore them in the 90s or 2000s

sofia with the earings and necklace http://oi68.tinypic.com/rbb89k.jpg
Letizia with the earrings. Spain's Queen Letizia (L) is welcomed by Japan's Empress Michiko upon her arrival for a welcoming ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on April 5, 2017. The Spanish royal couple is on a four-da... Pictures | Getty Images
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #719  
Old 04-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Letizia did it again. she wore sofias ruby/bird earrings, we have seen them just a few time on sofia in the 80s. i cant remember she wore them in the 90s or 2000s

sofia with the earings and necklace http://oi68.tinypic.com/rbb89k.jpg
Letizia with the earrings. Spain's Queen Letizia (L) is welcomed by Japan's Empress Michiko upon her arrival for a welcoming ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on April 5, 2017. The Spanish royal couple is on a four-da... Pictures | Getty Images
thanks for the info!

earrings are nice but that necklace is really ugly! are these diamond birds?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #720  
Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
thanks for the info!

earrings are nice but that necklace is really ugly! are these diamond birds?
I agree, the earrings are fine, but the necklace probably needs to be reworked.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016 dazzling Current Events Archive 391 03-20-2016 02:14 PM
King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015 dazzling Current Events Archive 392 11-03-2015 11:55 AM
Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014 dazzling Archives 380 07-27-2014 09:04 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 29: November 2013 - June 2014 dazzling Archives 436 06-18-2014 11:39 PM
Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014 Marengo Royal Jewels 1022 06-18-2014 12:55 PM




Popular Tags
austria birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear earl of snowdon family french general news gloucester hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news nobel 2017 prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes hats queen maxima queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge fashion vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises