Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Letizia will wear all the Spanish tiaras except the Prussian tiara who belongs privately to Queen Sofia.

I would like to see her with collet diamond necklace from the Joyas de Pasar.

And there are plenty other necklaces who could be brought out.

Letizia seems to have an aversion to necklaces and rings ,both only appear once in a blue moon,I don't think we've seen her wear any rings so far in 2018.

Queen Letizia will wear all the Spanish tiaras except the Prussian tiara who belongs privately to Queen Sofia.

She has worn the prussian tiara plenty of times as Princess of Asturias. But no as Queen she has the choice between more tiaras. Also Queen Sofia wore it seldom. Also the floral wreath tiara and the Mellerio Shell tiara are owned by Queen Sofia as she got them as Wedding presents.

I think we will see the prussian tiara next on Leonor.

I've never really considered the Prussian Tiara as a queens tiara but an ideal choice as a starter tiara for an Infanta/Princess.

Letizia seems to have an aversion to necklaces and rings ,both only appear once in a blue moon,I don't think we've seen her wear any rings so far in 2018.

I think she will wear the necklace once or twice in her lifetime. Its a gorgeous necklace but its quite long and might looking cheap/costume jewelery with the wrong dress. Btw it wasnt worn very often by her mother in law, I think she wore it just three times in her time as Queen 1985,2004,2014) And you are right about the ring in 2017 she wore the mistery green ring a couple of times)

I've never really considered the Prussian Tiara as a queens tiara but an ideal choice as a starter tiara for an Infanta/Princess.

I agree. Nevertheless, I hope to see the tiara again on Letizia, rather the Prussian than always the Floral.

That is a nice theory, but she already debuted Queen Ena's Cartier pearl tiara this April at the State Banquet for Portugal. I find it amazing, that she debuts two important tiaras in a row. She could have waited with one of them, but for some reason she didn't. Not that I mind, though.:D

So it is with the royals, Whenever I think they have a sytem, which tiara is worn when, they surprise me. I think every future state visit to another royal house will be a surprise. Sofia carried the Fleur de lys only on a state visit to England and Belgium, in the Netherlands it was the Floral and the Shell, in Sweden the Floral, Prussian, Ruby, in Norway the Shell and Prussian Loop, in Luxembourg the Ruby Cartier Pearl.
she had at the beginning of her queen time only small tiaras and La Buena available-no loop or Cartier pearl

I would like to see her with collet diamond necklace from the Joyas de Pasar.

And there are plenty other necklaces who could be brought out.

Yes Sofia owns alot of necklace but i think We have to be satisfied with the earrings.

After she debuted all Tiaras (not the ruby) I think upcoming state visits will tell which Tiaras she favor.

After she debuted all Tiaras (not the ruby) I think upcoming state visits will tell which Tiaras she favor.

shell and prussian have not been worn as queen, and the prussian tiara might go wherever sofia wants it to go, but i do hope to see the shell tiara once more.

shell and prussian have not been worn as queen, and the prussian tiara might go wherever sofia wants it to go, but i do hope to see the shell tiara once more.

Yes I know we have not seem them worn as Queen but they wouldn't be new on her so it wouldnt be a "debut". I think Sofia wants Leonor to have as many tiaras as possible when she is queen. (EDIT at the beginning she did not have many to choose from) (Assuming that the monarchy still exists for decades) I can imagine that the Prussian remains in the main line (also carried by infanta sofia) and Leonor gets the shell inherited from Sofia or even as a 18th birthday present------Theoretically, Sofia can do whatever she wants with the Shell, Prussian, and Rubies. (sell, give to Elena / Cristina or her other grandchildren-)

Last edited:
Letizia's tiara appearances of 2018:

1 2

Last edited:
Let's not forget that the floral tiara was another wedding present to Queen Sofia, and Letizia has worn it loads of times after becoming Queen. I tend to think that it's simply her favourite, and it suits her very well, doesn't it? Letizia seems to be a person who likes to stick to her favourite jewels. Remember the time when she constantly wore her diamond star earrings? It's nearly always the same fleur-de-lys brooch for her, and she constantly wears her wide diamond bracelets, both the bracelets from the joyas de pasar, and the before that the Cartier bracelet.

I'd like to add that the floral tiara always was a favourite with Queen Sophia and Infanta Cristina as well. It's the tiara Sophia herself has most often worn. And at events with more than one Spanish royal lady present, the floral hardly never stayed at the vault.

So, it's all the more astonishing that she has debuted both of the grand pearl tiaras this year. It's as if she's really gone out of her way. That was really a treat for us tiara watchers!:D

Even though the floral tiara is beautiful, I am glad that Letizia now starts wearing the bigger guns in the collection, because to me the floral tiara is quite girly too and for me it would be a good idea to keep it in the vault for Leonor and Sofia instead of putting it on the head on an almost 50 year old Queen who has much better options now.

Even though the floral tiara is beautiful, I am glad that Letizia now starts wearing the bigger guns in the collection, because to me the floral tiara is quite girly too and for me it would be a good idea to keep it in the vault for Leonor and Sofia instead of putting it on the head on an almost 50 year old Queen who has much better options now.

On the other hand Queen Sofia also wore it a lot in the 1990's early 2000's despite her other options.

Both new tiaras are gorgeous on Letizia. the looks are very similar. dark conservative dresses, same earrings and hair similar. Its a perfect Queen look. Spain has some incredible jewels!!!

On the other hand Queen Sofia also wore it a lot in the 1990's early 2000's despite her other options.
Yes, and I did not like it on her, either. I think the floral tiara is young and fun but does not look good anymore on a middle aged Queen, no matter who she is.

Yes, and I did not like it on her, either. I think the floral tiara is young and fun but does not look good anymore on a middle aged Queen, no matter who she is.

In my opinion it would be wrong to hide the Floral in the vaults. Yes the Floral is girly but its the most classic design, has a nice size and suits her best- unfortunately they do not own a Fringe or another classic design. and i would be bored to see the Cartier Pearls all time /the shell is the worst Tiara imo, her own pearl fleur de lys look unfinished and the prussian no comment. Of course the time wich tiara she prefers. I guess we will see the Cartier Pearls for next Tiara events (state visit from france-coronation Japan- because its a big gun but not the biggest)

I don't think there is anything about a floral tiara, especially a well-designed and balanced one like this, that is inappropriate for any age. I liked it when Sophia wore it, and I think it looks even better on Letizia. I hope she continues to wear it, because it's a lovely one, and it would be a shame not to use it. It's a nice in-between size, and should get some use when the big gun tiaras would be too much.

I like the floral tiara on Letizia, especially with the sleek, elegant up-dos she recently uses for her tiaras. And although the floral tiara is suitable for younger ladies, I don't think it particularly girlish. Imo, it looks good on women of all ages.

Once Leonor and Sofia start attending tiara events, they will probably share the three smaller tiaras with her mother, in a similar way as Queen Sophia shared tiaras with her daughters and Letizia. So, I'd be surprised if Leonor received a 18th birthday tiara as a gift.

Once Leonor and Sofia start attending tiara events, they will probably share the three smaller tiaras with her mother, in a similar way as Queen Sophia shared tiaras with her daughters and Letizia. So, I'd be surprised if Leonor received a 18th birthday tiara as a gift.

I think if Leonor will get an 18th birthday tiara it will either be the Austurias Fleur de Lys tiara which is handed over to her or that Sofia gives her the prussian tiara.

Remember the time when she constantly wore her diamond star earrings?

That was one of the jewel lows for Letizia,the rings had just vanished and then the Diamond Stars were super glued on for about 5 years

Bizarre how she never wears her wedding ring ,not even on the kings Accession day and back came the underwhelming boring Star Earrings on the most important act as consort for that most public of events.

That was one of the jewel lows for Letizia,the rings had just vanished and then the Diamond Stars were super glued on for about 5 years

Bizarre how she never wears her wedding ring ,not even on the kings Accession day and back came the underwhelming boring Star Earrings on the most important act as consort for that most public of events.

I agree i will never understand why she wore the stars on that day. She could have worn her wedding earrings( i know she wore them at the abdication)

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I haven't been able to find the discussion, so I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I understand that a lot of the jewelry worn by Letizia is borrowed from Queen Sophia, who apparently personally owns it. If Sophia wishes to leave it to her daughters, what is the tax situation in Spain? Will there be taxes that would force the sale of a good part of the inheritance? Could Sophia avoid that by setting up a trust and leaving the jewels to be added to the Joyas de Pasar?

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I haven't been able to find the discussion, so I apologize in advance if this has been answered before. I understand that a lot of the jewelry worn by Letizia is borrowed from Queen Sophia, who apparently personally owns it. If Sophia wishes to leave it to her daughters, what is the tax situation in Spain? Will there be taxes that would force the sale of a good part of the inheritance? Could Sophia avoid that by setting up a trust and leaving the jewels to be added to the Joyas de Pasar?

My understanding is that inheritance tax rules in Spain are notoriously complicated.

Also, it is quite difficult to ascertain the true ownership of some of the jewellery that Sofia and Letizia have. If received as gifts whilst undertaking their official rules, do the jewels end up in some form of "Royal Collection" or are theirs to keep?

If privately owned, can they use Trust structures to escape the inheritance tax rules? So, in short, more questions that answers. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom