The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Courtier

what is the dress code for the return banquet at El Pardo ?!

Old 02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Given the Japabese fondbess gpr oearls, I think in Japan she will wear one of the diamond and pearl tiaras. That leaves 5 contenders, let's see what she picks from the lot. Personally, I would love to see the Cartier loop tiara get used.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

OH so excited about her bringing out this BIG GUN tiara. The tiara looked fabulous on her, along with the earrings and the bracelets. Can't wait until their trip to Japan. Although, I do agree with many of you about her not taking this gaint with her. Definitely something smaller.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
what is the dress code for the return banquet at El Pardo ?!
The guests stablish the dress code for the return dinner, so we don't know yet.

But with every recent State Visit I remember it was cocktail dress, so don't expect more than that

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I totally agree. And with this simple dress, which itself is very lovely, the look is very unbalanced. A different kind of dress would have helped.
Thrilled to see her wearing the tiara but I agree there is something off balance with the slim contemporary dress and the very large tiara.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
The guests stablish the dress code for the return dinner, so we don't know yet.

But with every recent State Visit I remember it was cocktail dress, so don't expect more than that
thanks , i was hoping for surprise like queen silvia in the last german state visit especially when they announced that it's gonna be held at el pardo palace .
Old 02-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder has Queen Sofia started passing on jewels to her daughter in law or are they all just a loan?
Old 02-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder has Queen Sofia started passing on jewels to her daughter in law or are they all just a loan?
The Joyas de Pasar were probably provided after F&L's inauguration. The other jewellery is probably with QS, but available for L to use when required. They appear to have a very good relationship, and have shared jewellery for many years.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Wow Letizia in the most important jewels the Queen can wear. Some are surprised that she wore such a big tiara to a visit by a republic rather than a monarchy - Spain has such close ties with South American countries that she maybe wanted to honour that. Sofia did last wear it to the visit by the Mexican president so its not exception.
The earrings are lovely on Letizia and i loved how she used the bracelets as cuffs.

I know these are jewels that at are passed from Queen to Queen but in recent months we have started to see Letizia wear more jewels that she has borrowed from Sofia - like Elena's wedding earrings, the emeralds in Portugal. Whilst they belong to Sofia i imagine them being transferred to Letizia over time after all its Letizia and eventually Leonor who will require the jewels to use not Cristina or Elena

Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Realeza Española

It looks even better on her in motion :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Realeza Española

It looks even better on her in motion :)
Indeed, and I love the big smile she was wearing with it. She knows what she's playing

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Wow Letizia in the most important jewels the Queen can wear. Some are surprised that she wore such a big tiara to a visit by a republic rather than a monarchy - Spain has such close ties with South American countries that she maybe wanted to honour that. Sofia did last wear it to the visit by the Mexican president so its not exception.
This was one of two State visits from President's of a Republic when it was worn by Queen Sofia. And i think she wore it at the State Visit from Mexico as iot was only a few weeks before the abdication of King Juan Carlos so the last occasion she could wear it.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Majesty

Letizia is the most petite of women, with a slim neck to boot...I wonder if she had a massive headache after wearing that huge tiara all evening?

I think I remember reading that is the reason the equally tiny Japanese Empress stopped wearing them. They gave her a headache as well as neck and back pain!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Queen does Iyengar yoga on a regular basis I read. This means she must have a very strong spine and neck, which is a help perhaps in wearing these jewels.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Ahhh....that helps I am sure! Thanks Marengo!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-23-2017, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Visita de Macri y Juliana Awada a España: El último (y desconocido) problema de Letizia con su corona. Noticias de Casas Reales

The diadem was not well adapted and had to be corrected.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

So, it broke as she wore it? JMO, but maybe it is time for the Spanish Monarchy to develop a regular maintenance and repair program for the family jewels. You can use X Ray and other imagery to detect tiny flaws that have developed in metals or repairs. Jewelry restoration is not a recent development...
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Majesty

I don't believe it is broken but rather incorrectly assembled. Someone mentioned that the velvet matching Letizia's hair was missing but, the description of the tiara says the base is paved and, if you look closely you can see this tiara is that fantastic than even the base consists of a row of paved diamonds. It is merely incorrectly set.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

WOW WOW WOW

I nearly fell off my chair, when I have seen the pics and the Queen with the Fleur de Lys Tiara for the first time this morning.
And: it made my day!

Queen Letizia is looking superb, every inch a Queen. And yes, the Tiara is a Big Gun, but she wears it well - simply fantastic!
Also the dress let the diamonds sparkle, a perfect frame for the grand entrance.

I was just..... surprised, that she decides for this GRAND jewel selection for the State Visit of Argentina. Nothing against Argentina at all, but I THOUGHT, ok, let´s wait for the first State visit of a Reigning House and she will opt for the Fleur-de-Lys. Argentina would have done the Cartier or the big Pearl Tiara as well - and it also would heve been a phantiastic surprise.

BYe Bine
Old 02-24-2017, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

And here I was thinking she hated wearing them. (maybe she does) But she has started 2017 with a big bang. Those are some serious jewels she's wearing and she's carrying it off extremely well.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain