The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Wow - I mean just - WOW!!
I agree! Did not expect to see this tiara on Letitia but she looks wonderful wearing it

Old 02-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Oh my goodness!!!! She looks absolutely fabulous and every inch the Queen that she is!!!

Old 02-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Courtier

I think she looks perfect and that photoshopped pic with the voluminous skirt makes her look like a beauty queen who just won a pageant or a prom queen (all it needs is a scepter). She has a slight frame, she has to be careful with volume or she'll look girly.

What I particularly love about this look is it fits with this image, not only of a modern Queen but of a modern Spanish Queen. I simply can't imagine any other European Queen with this look. The Spaniards to me always strike this perfect balance of stark severity and drama at the same time and this look is exactly that. Add in the element of history and it's as Spanish as it can get.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Majesty

The tiara is wearing Letitzia.

Great to see it "in action" but it is HUGE and she isn't

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely disagree with those who think she is too petite for the tiara and that a large ball gown skirt would balance it. I think mobs above said it right that this is a modern look. IMO the tiara looks better on her than Sofia and not as big. Her perfect carriage and the brilliant stroke of a black canvas for all the diamonds to shine worked. Also, if and when she wears large skirts her petite ness becomes overwhelmed by them.
What a pleasure to see it again
Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I completely disagree with those who think she is too petite for the tiara and that a large ball gown skirt would balance it. I think mobs above said it right that this is a modern look. IMO the tiara looks better on her than Sofia and not as big. Her perfect carriage and the brilliant stroke of a black canvas for all the diamonds to shine worked. Also, if and when she wears large skirts her petite ness becomes overwhelmed by them.
What a pleasure to see it again

I agree- I think the simple dress allows the jewels to really shine and I think it was a beautiful look in every way
Old 02-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Majesty

All I can say is wow. Fantastic surprise. The dress really made the jewels shine.

I do hope we see Letizia in some of the other big jewels from now on.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The tiara is wearing Letitzia.

Great to see it "in action" but it is HUGE and she isn't
I totally agree. And with this simple dress, which itself is very lovely, the look is very unbalanced. A different kind of dress would have helped.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I agree- I think the simple dress allows the jewels to really shine and I think it was a beautiful look in every way
WOW WOW WOW
She looks stunning.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Letizia Debuts La Buena! | The Court Jeweller

She looked phenomenal. I also love the earrings and bracelets.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Nobility

She looks absolutely stunning. I agree the black gown was the best accessory to the glimmering diamonds. She is every bit a regal and modern queen!! Bravo Queen Letizia!!!

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 02-23-2017, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Letizia Debuts La Buena! | The Court Jeweller

She looked phenomenal. I also love the earrings and bracelets.
Necklace would have been the finishing touch imo. Nothing too ornate, a strand perhaps that matched the bracelets.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a surprise! La Buena with earrings and bracelets from "joyas de pasar".
The tiara is grand but paired with the wide sash, Queen Letizia looks somewhat unbalanced. There's nothing to be done about that sash. I think Japan's sash is more forgiving and look forward to the next appearance of La Buena or any bigger tiara. (Japan? UK?)
Would it look better or worse more closed?
Old 02-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
What a surprise! La Buena with earrings and bracelets from "joyas de pasar".
The tiara is grand but paired with the wide sash, Queen Letizia looks somewhat unbalanced. There's nothing to be done about that sash. I think Japan's sash is more forgiving and look forward to the next appearance of La Buena or any bigger tiara. (Japan? UK?)
Would it look better or worse more closed?
I wouldn't expect it or one of the other big ones in Japan. But surprised a debut with a virus from a republic. The empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore, and I think while Letizia will wear, she will select a smaller. It seems to be what other royal women have done on visits there. But she could surprise us.

As for closed, I don't think it would do anyone any favours. i know it was fashionable back in the day, but I don't see any modern queen wearing it like that. Kind of reminds me if the queen of hearts in the live action slice in wonderland,

Here is Ena with it closed
https://atthespanishcourt.files.word...-reina-ena.jpg
Old 02-23-2017, 05:13 AM
Royal Highness

I think it looks great, the reason it looks so huge on Letizia is IMO partly because we are so use to her in small tiaras. She hasn't even worn the pearl swirl tiara and we are more to use to seeing her in the floral tiara which is small. I think if she wears it a few more times we'll get use to it on her.

I suspect we maybe won't see Letizia wearing it in Japan as the Empress doesn't wear tiaras so I think diplomatically Letizia will wear a smaller tiara, maybe her new one?
Old 02-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

And today I think she's debuting new dangling pearl earrings
Spanish Royals Attend the Opening of ARCO 2017 | jose gegundez | photographer

They are very beautiful!

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
And today I think she's debuting new dangling pearl earrings
Spanish Royals Attend the Opening of ARCO 2017 | jose gegundez | photographer

They are very beautiful!
Thanks Annie I was wondering if they were new.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Well, my mistake, they're apparently not new.

Yesterday she wore Cristina's wedding earrings, so today...
http://cdn.revistavanityfair.es/uplo...39_622x466.jpg
http://cdn.revistavanityfair.es/uplo...82_530x398.jpg

I guess they're Sofia's property, then. I don't really think she would be wearing some earrings that belong to Elena, but who knows...

Old 02-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id450345926

https://atthespanishcourt.files.word...to-londres.jpg

both earrings on Sofia, very often at State events, so I guess its safe to say that they are either hers or belong to the passing jewels, now owned by Letizia.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Good find! They look very good with the Mellerio Shell Tiara, hope Letizia dusts that one off for the SV to Japan, and she can match it with these earrings. It's a beautiful tiara, with long history behind (actually I believe it's the oldest tiara the SRF owns) but small enough to not claim too much attention if the Empress wears none. Plus, it's not inedite on Letizia, but she has just worn it once so it will be very welcomed.

But of course, I won't complain if she brings to Japan any of the big guns...

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain