The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, this is an unexpected sight! I'm very happy, of course.

It is big, to be sure. But with heirlooms you can't be nit-picky about the size, you have to take them as they come. And Queen Letizia wears La Buena well, with a good updo and panache. That she also wears the two bracelets is amazing. Let's hope that the jewels drought is over.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think she looks very good, it looks better on her than I had expected. Assuming it's a VERY HARD tiara to pull off and looks too big in everyone, IMO, it also looked too big on Sofia.

Next time she could try to give more volume on her hair in the top part, maybe she would get a better balance.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

She does wear it good! I disagree with the hairdo, a wider dress would give more balance imo.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Tiara, earrings and bracelets (and her own Fleur de Lys brooch, which just fades into the background to be honest):
https://s9.postimg.org/t605g6yfj/Sans_titre_1.png

Old 02-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Earrings are Cristina's wedding earrings

http://static3.mdhl.de/storage/pic/m...ion=1387435285
Old 02-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Tiara, earrings and bracelets 8and her own Fleur de Lys brooch, which just fades into the background to be honest):
https://s9.postimg.org/t605g6yfj/Sans_titre_1.png
Did we notice any sign of the missing rings tonight Annie?
Old 02-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did we notice any sign of the missing rings tonight Annie?
Not from what I see.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

I agree Annie, some more volume to the hair could be an improvement.

And maybe a bigger skirt would outbalance it a bit. The very simple, slim dress highlighted her slight frame, so that the size of the tiara was highlighted. On the other hand, the simple dress let the jewels speak for themselves, there was nothing busy or distracting. Maybe we need many more appearances of La Buena before we can judge on the best way to wear it. I can't wait to see it again! (Looks like I'm very greedy, doesn't it?)

Old 02-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Majesty

I don't like how the tiara stays on Letizia's head :(. I think her head is too small for such a tiara; it looks as though it were photoshopped...
Old 02-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Anothe view (this one is va va boom):
http://s4.eestatic.com/2017/02/22/co...9_1706x960.jpg

I think the dress was obviously made to show off the jewels and IMO somehow it gets a 20's vibe (the column shape, the long sleeves that were IMO designed to hold the bracelets...).

Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Nice to see another tiara on Letizia. The leur de lys tiara looks great on her. I think almost better then i did on Queen Sofia. I find it a bit surprising that the choose to wear it for the first time at a State Visit from a Republic. I think with 2 exceptions Queen Sofia wore it only for State Vists from or to monarchies.
Yes you are right Sofia wore it once for a state visit from Greece in the late 80s or early 90s, i cant remeber the date, and she wore it for 60th anniversary of King Bhumibol and her last state visit as Queen in 2014 ( state visit from mexico)
Old 02-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

As said before, the tiara is very big and will look big on anyone's head. Not sure how it could look better on Letizia, I think in general the Fleur de Lys is not the best suited tiara for her shape of face but it's good that the big gun is out of the vault now and the pressure is off, hopefully the other tiaras will be given a try too.

http://img1.woman.es/14/68/8f/letizi...d-650x1161.jpg
Old 02-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

I think the dress was obviously made to show off the jewels and IMO somehow it gets a 20's vibe (the column shape, the long sleeves that were IMO designed to hold the bracelets...).
I think Queen Ena would be very proud tonight
Old 02-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Wow - I mean just - WOW!!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Wow, that is a great surprise!

I did not expect the Ansorena tiara to appear any time soon either. I feared it would be overwhelming on the queen. But it looks much better than I thought, although it surely is a large tiara. Great earrings too! And a nice idea to wear a simple dress and let the jewels speak.
Let's hope that HM will wear the tiara many more times in the future.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Majesty

At first I thought the tiara a little too big for Letizia's head, but in those photos she looks very beautiful.

It's a rare treat to get to see the current Queen of Spain in a tiara.

Charlottesville,Virginia. USA. 08/12/2017
. SHAME.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Courtier

lovinlorne from order of splendor is keeping doing a great job she photoshopped the tiara with the dress from the state visit of peru in 2015 i think it looks more balanced with a dress that have a big ball gown skirt , but all in all i would never complain after seeing LA BUENA!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Courtier

I think the tiara is waaay too big on Letizia's head to be flattering. To be fair it would likely be big on anyone but it's completely out of proportion here. Between that, the sash, the earrings and the overly dramatic eye make up it looks a little silly.

I do really like the dress!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Majesty

I second that the tiara is unfortunately too big for letizias tiny frame. I'm glad she used it finally though! Had the idea we would never see it on her.

However odd timing to use it! I would have expected it to be used in some event with foreign royalty who would all wear tiaras rather than to a state visit with a republic country whose First Lady won't use any tiaras. It completely overshadows the guests so unfortunately this was not the perfect time to debut it in my opinion. Queen Margrethes 75th birthday bash, the state visit to Japan which is coming or the one which was supposed to take place in the uk would have been the right environment to use it!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
lovinlorne from order of splendor is keeping doing a great job she photoshopped the tiara with the dress from the state visit of peru in 2015 i think it looks more balanced with a dress that have a big ball gown skirt , but all in all i would never complain after seeing LA BUENA!!!
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...9f70e605bc.jpg
La Buena is certainly magnificent and I am pleasantly surprised the Letizia can pull it off. However it does look top-heavy worn with such an oversized sash and is not helped by the slimline black dress. Next to the Argentinian First Lady she looks positively funereal.

Next time she needs to 'go large' from tip to toe. Even the First Lady has more light and balance with the lighter material, lighter colour and larger volume in the skirt, so much so that she almost managed to eclipse Letizia wearing La Bueno.

http://img1.woman.es/14/68/8f/letizi...d-650x1161.jpg

However, when looking at lovinlorne's photoshop from OOS we can see that balance is everything and, with a gown like that even tiny Letizia looks every inch a Queen. So, next time she decides to dust off the vault and haul out some serious jewellery, I hope she looks to her gown as well.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain