The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Lovely. She is more radiant - more confident.

Maybe because now it's on her - she's in no one's shadow - and she knows how to be the one who sets the tone, and makes the decisions, having been a career woman with a high profile. She knows how to do this in a way that goes beyond just her 'apprenticeship' as Princess, when she had to be mindful of her mother-in-law and father-in-law.

I see something similar with Sophie Wessex in the UK. Her PR background has made her public appearances a seamless joy to watch. She understands what her role is in front of the camera.

Interesting that two royal spouses have this background. Makes a difference.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaylor View Post
Does anybody have any further details about the flower earrings worn by Queen Letizia to the El Greco exhibition? I would love to know who designed these and how long Letizia has owned them.
I don't know who designed them but Letizia worn them in her early days as princess. It's not only earrings but also a ring that she has worn together with the earrings on some occasions.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't know who designed them but Letizia worn them in her early days as princess. It's not only earrings but also a ring that she has worn together with the earrings on some occasions.
Do you have any images of the ring? Thanks for your input!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Do you have any images of the ring? Thanks for your input!
She's wearing the ring on this picture. Unfortunately I don't have a close-up.
Visit by Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia < Politics < News < Mallorca @ MallorcaWeb
Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She's wearing the ring on this picture. Unfortunately I don't have a close-up.
Visit by Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia < Politics < News < Mallorca @ MallorcaWeb
A bigger version of the picture. The ring is really lovely.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Gentry

Here is the wedding band in all its splendor:

http://www.purepeople.com/media/bagu...izia_m219129#6
Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Its not her wedding band, its the engagement ring that was rumoured to be paid for by dirty Noos money as Inaki picked the ring up on Felipe's behalf.
The wedding band used to be worn on top of the engagement ring:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QBs2Hs0usJ...0/_Letizia.jpg
Old 06-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The long absence of her wedding ring is really bizarre,I though she'd at least wear it on her 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Maybe she misplaced or lost it?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The long absence of her wedding ring is really bizarre,I though she'd at least wear it on her 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Maybe she misplaced or lost it?
It does not bother me. From a distance, the marriage does not appear to be in trouble, and the family appears to be happy. That is all that matters to me.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It does not bother me. From a distance, the marriage does not appear to be in trouble, and the family appears to be happy. That is all that matters to me.
It doesn't bother me nor do I have any doubts on her marriage,I'm more puzzled about its disappearance which I personally found strange.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Never really think about it as a problem. My husband lost his wedding ring while deep sea diving on Great Barrier Reef in Australia in 1995. Bothered him more than me. Got him another quite different one five years later.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

I thought the reason for no Wedding/Engagement Rings is because Felipe had asked Christina and Inaki to pick them up for him, to keep the Press off the scent, and they had used a Credit Card that was from one of the Noos Accounts to pay for the Rings. I remember reading that in an article from a link posted here at TRF the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I thought the reason for no Wedding/Engagement Rings is because Felipe had asked Christina and Inaki to pick them up for him, to keep the Press off the scent, and they had used a Credit Card that was from one of the Noos Accounts to pay for the Rings. I remember reading that in an article from a link posted here at TRF the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I might be wrong but I don't believe the wedding ring was picked up by Christina and Inaki but as per the press was the engagement ring was?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
A bigger version of the picture. The ring is really lovely.
Thank you for posting this! Do you know when this photo taken?
Old 06-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see her wear her wedding and engagement rings again but, if they were tainted by scandal I can see that the gilt would definitely be off the gingerbread and the rings lost their romanticism.

There is also the possibility that she, like Victoria, cannot wear rings for any length of time due to skin sensitivity and usually wears none at all.

Has anyone spotted her wearing any rings at all for a sustained period of time?
Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she'll get some new rings in the future, it's her 10th anniversary after all. If her rings have really been ruined by the scandal that Christina & Inaki have found themselves in, I'm hoping that Felipe will buy her some new ones.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

She probably cannot wear rings when she is going to shake hands with people. I saw a picture, on this forum I think, showing her hands looking like they were bleeding after shaking many hands after she became Queen. The hands were either red from sensitivity or bleeding badly. Now one could say, well, that's just the right hand...but you know how it is when many people want to come close and shake hands, they might take her left hand if it was the only one available.
That engagement ring looks very heavy--beautiful, but too heavy for her delicate hands.
My wedding ring was similar--heavy with too many stones (not the expensive diamonds but aquamarines). it tore my hose when I got dressed to go to work, so I left it at home when I was in a hurry. And it was stolen soon after I started doing that, the only thing in the house stolen because the thieves knew something valuable when they saw it, and could see nothing else was of much value. I discovered too that I could not wear gold at all. I wear only silver rings, and the silver rings that replaced the heavy gold eventually (years later) are lightweight scrolls with hearts and flowers and a small amethyst...these are much better.

But if Queen Letizia's rings, either one, was associated with the scandal, she would not want to wear them. Maybe she too could wear platinum or silver better.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I might be wrong but I believe the wedding ring was picked up by Christina and Inaki but as per the press was the engagement ring was?
The wedding band has NOTHING to do with the scandal, it is the engagement ring that was rumored to be picked up by Inaki.

There is no obvious reason not to wear the wedding ring, Felipe wears it on his left hand so it does not interrupt with writing/shaking other people's hands.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Thank you for posting this! Do you know when this photo taken?
its from 2005, her first official photos.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The Court Jeweller

Very nice post on Letizia's "formal" appearances and jewels.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain