The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Letizia's. Before becoming Queen, she wore the Prussian Diamond Tiara 12 times, the Mellerio Floral Tiara 5 times, and the Mellerio Shell Tiara once. Since becoming Queen, she's worn the Mellerio Floral Tiara for all three state visits.

I hope we'll see some variance from her in the future.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
there is also the ansorena fleur de lys tiara that she wore in denmark
That was for Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday dinner, not a state or official visit, which is why I did not include it on this particular list.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
That was for Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday dinner, not a state or official visit, which is why I did not include it on this particular list.
you are right when i realized it i deleted my reply , but all in all great work .
Old 10-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

in her Princess days, 3 more tiara events are missing (private occasions):

- her own wedding (Prussian)
- Victoria's wedding (Floral)
- Beatrix's abdication (Floral)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

in her Princess days, 3 more tiara events are missing (private occasions):

- her own wedding (Prussian)
- Victoria's wedding (Floral)
- Beatrix's abdication (Floral)
last time I'm repeating this, the events I did were for State & Official Visits, not birthdays/inaugurations/other dinners.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As Queen of Spain Letizia has at her disposal the The Fleur de Lys Tiara and also owns the the Ansorena Fleur-de-Lis Tiara,the rest of the Spanish tiaras are her mother in laws.

The Floral Tiara is really beautiful on Letizia and possibly best suits her.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:55 PM
Majesty

Letizia Wears Coolook in Oviedo | The Court Jeweller

A beautiful and elegant pair of earrings.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Prussian Diamond Tiara

This is one of my least favorites in the family. Love the diamond drop but I dislike the design, I find it harsh. Especially for a bride.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I have mixed feelings on the Prussian Tiara as its owned by Queen Sofia we may not see it for years,it would be a nice starter tiara for Leonor or Sofia in a few years.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Spanish State Visit to Portugal: Arrivals and Banquet | The Court Jeweller

Jewellery Day 1 on State visit to Portugal

Old 11-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Minimal jewels are her preference and we got a small brooch and bracelet,however the Duchess of Braganca outshone the queen of Spain at the Gala Dinner,should be the other way round.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
As Queen of Spain Letizia has at her disposal the The Fleur de Lys Tiara and also owns the the Ansorena Fleur-de-Lis Tiara,the rest of the Spanish tiaras are her mother in laws.

The Floral Tiara is really beautiful on Letizia and possibly best suits her.
Sofia owns the Prussian tiara (gift from her mother), and the floral and the Mellerio shell tiara (wedding gifts). The two Cartier tiaras are King Juan Carlos property.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Sofia owns the Prussian tiara (gift from her mother), and the floral and the Mellerio shell tiara (wedding gifts). The two Cartier tiaras are King Juan Carlos property.
The Floral Tiara seems to be Letizia's favourite,perhaps her mother in law will gift it to her.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Letizia's. Before becoming Queen, she wore the Prussian Diamond Tiara 12 times, the Mellerio Floral Tiara 5 times, and the Mellerio Shell Tiara once. Since becoming Queen, she's worn the Mellerio Floral Tiara for all three state visits.

I hope we'll see some variance from her in the future.
Although it wasn't a state visit, it should be noted that Queen Letizia wore the Ansorena Asturias tiara in Denmark on Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday.

So far, she hasn't worn yet any of the major Spanish diadems such as Queen Ena's pearl and diamond tiara or the large Fleur de Lys.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Letizia wore in Portugal the emerald earrings of Queen Sofia.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Floral Tiara seems to be Letizia's favourite,perhaps her mother in law will gift it to her.
even if she doesn't, i am sure sofia will pass on most, if not all, the jewels in her possession to letizia (or maybe one gifted to letizia and the other two directly to leonor and sofia). previously, i would have thought she'd give one to letizia, one to elena and one to cristina but given that now cristina is 'persona non grata' i think all will go to letizia, so as not to make distinctions between her daughters. too bad for elena.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
even if she doesn't, i am sure sofia will pass on most, if not all, the jewels in her possession to letizia (or maybe one gifted to letizia and the other two directly to leonor and sofia). previously, i would have thought she'd give one to letizia, one to elena and one to cristina but given that now cristina is 'persona non grata' i think all will go to letizia, so as not to make distinctions between her daughters. too bad for elena.
Oh, I am sure, that many of the "smaller" jewels (the more daily jewels and those of a lesser value) will go to Elena and also Christina. However, the "Big Ones" shall go to Letizia or maybe Leonor.
And: it makes sense.

1) Christina won´t be joining State Visits any more. Elena more seldom. Her Childen? I suppose - no. And in case yes, something may be borrowed.

2) Looking at the histoy of the Spanish RF, due to the absence of a Foundation many, many importand jewels have been lost - either completely or at least to the main line. So it is important to keep the most important pieces in the main line. I really really hope (and I am sure), that Queen Sofia will put that into consideration.

Bye Bine
Old 12-12-2016, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Oh, I am sure, that many of the "smaller" jewels (the more daily jewels and those of a lesser value) will go to Elena and also Christina. However, the "Big Ones" shall go to Letizia or maybe Leonor.
And: it makes sense.

1) Christina won´t be joining State Visits any more. Elena more seldom. Her Childen? I suppose - no. And in case yes, something may be borrowed.

2) Looking at the histoy of the Spanish RF, due to the absence of a Foundation many, many importand jewels have been lost - either completely or at least to the main line. So it is important to keep the most important pieces in the main line. I really really hope (and I am sure), that Queen Sofia will put that into consideration.

Bye Bine
I totally agree with you. The Tiaras and most of the necklaces/earrings (at least the parures should stay in the main line -Letizia&Felipe) I could imagine Leti will borrow a Tiara for a incoming royal state visit if its neccassary. We have seen this during the portugal state visit 2006 when Sofia loand the mellerio shell to her sister in law..
I think it was a mistake of Q Victoria Eugenie to give the Tiaras to her daughters. Yes the Cartier Loop and Cartier Pearls are back in the main line but alot of pieces not longer with the royal family.
I really hope Sofia will not give any tiara to her daughters.. But we have seen this on the Countess of Barcelona And the History is often repeated itself..
Old 12-12-2016, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
I think it would be not so hard for Elena to get nothing, she received alot of jewells of her Ex- Husband and of middle east royals
Old 12-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some of the most important jewels inherited from Victoria Eugenia are owned by Juan Carlos ... those jewels, along with others that Queen Sofia received for her wedding and others that have been recovered over the years and have a historical value for the Spanish Crown, must be inherited by King Felipe.

Queen Sofía loves jewelry, she has a large collection, some pieces she has not worn in years, and they are more wearable every day, so her daughters will make good use of them. She also has pieces inherited from Queen Frederica or pieces that are owned by her as the Niarchos rubies, which can inherit her daughters.

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain