The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The earrings are very similar to these from Mango.
Metallic horn earrings - Women | MANGO

Old 08-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Very similar indeed! To me the back horn seems to be longer in Letizia's pair than in the Mango pair. But that might be deceiving. It is difficult to tell if they are the same.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I think is the same earrings. Me i don't like the shape at all.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Ah, very interesting. From the front not especially impressive but when viewed from the side .... really makes for interesting jewelry. I really like them, they are unusual.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The earrings at the reception are from Coolook, designed by Mar Aldaguer, who is born in Mallorca.
La Reina Letizia e Isabel Preysler rendidas a los pendientes Coolook
Old 08-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not a big fan of big earrings but that is very beautiful.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Lady Finn! They are very nice, I think that they are these with green amethys: Pendientes Hydra Plata / Oro y Amatista | Coolook

Here are some good images of Letizia wearing them.
Queen Letizia attends a official reception at the Almudaina Palace on... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
Queen Letizia attends a official reception at the Almudaina Palace on... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But prettyness is of very great importance in terms of jewellery! Being pretty is an excellant reason for wearing it, imo. And when looking at how often the floral tiara has been worn, it must be a true favourite of Queen Sofia. My count might not be complete, but since Letizia entered the family I counted 27 tiara events for Queen Sofia, out of which she has worn the floral tiara 12 times. Also there were only two tiara events where both Sofia and Letizia attended without the floral being worn by either of them. For all other tiara events the floral was worn by one of the ladies.
The floral tiara also has historical importance and connections to the Royal Family. It was commissioned in 1879 by Alfonso XII for his betrothed Maria Cristina of Austria.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
The floral tiara also has historical importance and connections to the Royal Family. It was commissioned in 1879 by Alfonso XII for his betrothed Maria Cristina of Austria.
I think that's the Loop tiara? The Floral tiara is a gift from Franco and has no historic relevance for the family.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Nobility

No, it's the floral tiara. The info was released to the press in 2013 by Casa Real. In Spanish forums there had been rumours that the jewellers in Madrid where the Government bought the tiara for Sofía leaked back then that it had belonged to Queen María Cristina. Until Casa Real confirmed it in 2013 it was only a rumour.

The Cartier Loop tiara's original owner was also Queen Maria Cristina, but this one never left the family.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
No, it's the floral tiara. The info was released to the press in 2013 by Casa Real. In Spanish forums there had been rumours that the jewellers in Madrid where the Government bought the tiara for Sofía leaked back then that it had belonged to Queen María Cristina. Until Casa Real confirmed it in 2013 it was only a rumour.

The Cartier Loop tiara's original owner was also Queen Maria Cristina, but this one never left the family.
Yes now I remember. I think they published the information after there was critizism about Letizia wearing the tiara to the Dutch inauguration.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Letizia at audience at Zarzuela this week:

Her baroque pearl earrings on September 2.
Queen Letizia of Spain attends audiences at Zarzuela Palace on... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Bicolour earrings of amethyst and a green stone (emerald?), set in yellow gold, on September 3.
Queen Letizia of Spain attends audiences at Zarzuela Palace on... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Old 09-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful earrings especially the second. I think the stone is blue turkuaz maybe?
Old 09-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Queen Letizia at audience at Zarzuela this week:

Her baroque pearl earrings on September 2.

Bicolour earrings of amethyst and a green stone (emerald?), set in yellow gold, on September 3.
I LOVE the second set.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:22 AM
Majesty

Queen Letizia's Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Excluding her wedding tiara, I love all of her tiaras. My favorite is the Floral tiara.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

All tiaras very beautiful but my favourite Mellerio Shell tiara. The design is so different from the others.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

these are still missing to be worn:
Fleur de Lys
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/450...DlrruHUg%3d%3d
Pearl
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/521...h1y4%2bg%3d%3d
Loop
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/747...17dombPA%3d%3d
Old 09-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Earrings reception in Washington
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...u-gtres--a.jpg
Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Nice to see those diamond chandeliers again! I missed them for quite a while, but Letizia used to wear them a lot at gala events in 2009. Imo they look gorgeous with that hairstyle and the black garment.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

On September 16 Queen Letizia wore her baroque pearl earrings again. They have been seen quite often lately, so they must be among her favourites. And since the queen likes to wear white, these pearls fit perfectly.
Queen Letizia visits the National Cancer Institute in Washington | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain