The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Yes it is a Cartier bracelet. But how did she come by such a lovely piece? Gift from Felipe? It has been seen regularly since her early years as Princess - maybe a wedding gift? Is it a modern piece?

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I0968-0120.jpg do we have any information on these earrings. Letizia looks great in them

Also the art deco brooch from the gala dinner - is this a jewel from the vaults or a new purchase?

Old 07-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Although some of us are bored to Letizia wearing the floral tiara so often, it just looks so good on her. And it was lovely to see the brooch again.
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ge...205720-669.jpg

On the reception, great to see Letizia recycling these lovely earrings again, and the bracelet looks always great.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I0968-0064.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I0968-0120.jpg
The earrings are very beautiful.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I0968-0120.jpg do we have any information on these earrings. Letizia looks great in them

Also the art deco brooch from the gala dinner - is this a jewel from the vaults or a new purchase?
The art deco brooch first appeared at the Gala Dinner for the Queen of Denmark's 75th Birthday earlier this year.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The earrings are very beautiful.
Combined with her wedding earrings and the brooch it is a beautiful piece.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Queen Letizia today:
Queen Letizia of Spain inaugurates the summer courses of... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nac...foto/480905004
I think she has worn these earrings a couple of times before.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of the earrings... they look like heavy globe spheres... uhm
Old 07-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Today Queen Letizia wore a pair of golden earrings at a reception at Zarzuela palace.
Queen Letizia of Spain receives 'Europa Scholarship' pupils at the... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

I'm not very fond of these earrings. But I'm still happy to see her varying her earrings on a daily basis.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like this earrings at all.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Letizia's earrings today: Queen Letizia of Spain looks on during a visit at Spanish Pavillion... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

I think they are the same which she wore at the State Visit from Peru with the same dress.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Tiara Timeline: The Prussian Tiara | The Court Jeweller
Old 07-29-2015, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I adore this tiara.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMHO one of the few older tiaras that works well with 20th and 21st century hairstyles. Would love to see this on the Princess of Austurias one day.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it is her wedding tiara like her mother and grandmother.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
IMHO one of the few older tiaras that works well with 20th and 21st century hairstyles. Would love to see this on the Princess of Austurias one day.
I think that your wish might be fulfilled once the Princess starts attending state banquets. The Prussian tiara and the floral tiara have been the two tiaras that the Infantas Elena and Christina have worn as young Princesses. And I think it will be the same in the next generation. Probably the Prussian tiara will be the first tiara for the Princess of Asturias and Infanta Leonor.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a tiara that has always suited Letizia,however it belongs to her mother inlaw so we might not see her wearing it,but it might as pointed out end up with Princess Leonor as her debut tiara!
Old 07-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Sofia has often borrowed the Prussian tiara to Letizia, and I think that she wouldn't mind loaning it to her again. After all Letizia is still borrowing the floral tiara from her mother-in-law. I wonder if she just prefers the floral tiara over the Prussian?

Old 07-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Prussian Tiara is of much more personal value for Sofia than the Florar Tiara, for sure. The Prussian Tiara is a family piece while the Floral Tiara is a wedding gift from the dictator Franco. Other than that it is a very pretty piece of jewellery, I dont see any reason to wear it.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes I agree Duke the Prussian tiara would have a more personal and also historical connection to her mothers German royal roots.

Its a perfect tiara for a Princess/Infanta but I think the Queen of Spain has far more impressive pieces to wear.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The Prussian Tiara is of much more personal value for Sofia than the Florar Tiara, for sure. The Prussian Tiara is a family piece while the Floral Tiara is a wedding gift from the dictator Franco. Other than that it is a very pretty piece of jewellery, I dont see any reason to wear it.
But prettyness is of very great importance in terms of jewellery! Being pretty is an excellant reason for wearing it, imo. And when looking at how often the floral tiara has been worn, it must be a true favourite of Queen Sofia. My count might not be complete, but since Letizia entered the family I counted 27 tiara events for Queen Sofia, out of which she has worn the floral tiara 12 times. Also there were only two tiara events where both Sofia and Letizia attended without the floral being worn by either of them. For all other tiara events the floral was worn by one of the ladies.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

At the photoshoot at the Marivent palace: The Queen wore some small, discreet gold earrings.
Queen Letizia of Spain pose for the photographers at the Marivent... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images
Queen Letizia of Spain pose for the photographers at the Marivent... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Tags
jewellery, letizia, queen letizia, spain