Queen Letizia Jewels: June 2014 - Dec. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could imagine the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara will belong to Cristina.

I do NOT think, that the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara will go to Christina.

First: due to the actual investigation she most probably will remain a "persona non grata" for official duties. Alas: no possibility to wear a Tiara.

Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine

Secondly: I always thought, that the ORIGINAL idea to bring along the Cartier Tiara at the Wedding of CP Victoria was, that Queen Sofia would wear it.
Biggest Tiara for the Queen.
But then something happened: maybe Queen Sofia got headache this morning. When dressing with her daugthers she may have said "oh my god, I feel so bad and now I have to wear this big and heavy tiara". So Christina may have jumped in.
Just my guess, btw.

BYe Bine

I disagree, Queen Sofia is really good at making statements, by wearing or not wearing something or saying or not saying something. Because usually she's not allowed to speak, that is her form of communication, the power of a photo. She'd never NOT wear a tiara because of a headache.
At her last State Visit as Queen consort, she donned on the Fleur de Lys Tiara, very much over the top for the occasion, but it screamed 'I am still the Queen today'.
I believe Queen Sofia was very aware of Cristina wearing the biggest tiara of all, showing that she is still a valued part of the family and is closer to her heart than anyone else that day.

It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.

I think that the times for leaving heritage jewels to children other than the heir are in the past. We assume that JC bought back the Cartier loop tiara from his sister in order to keep it for the monarch. So we can assume that JC and also Queen Sofia are aware of the need to keep these heirlooms in the RF, and that means with the monarch.

What Cristina needs more than a tiara is money, or other useful assets. I'm convinced that Queen Sofia is aware of that fact, and will leave those old family heirlooms to either to Felipe or the Princess of Asturias. That Queen Letizia hasn't worn the tiara yet, does not mean that she never will (at least I hope so). And nobody can yet know which tiaras Leonor will favour in the future.

It might as well go to Cristina or Elena as the present queen seems unwilling or unable to wear any of the grander tiaras.

I really hope not as I can see it being sold off again if that happens,who knows in a few years Letizia might start appreciating her jewels a bit more and start dusting them off and actually make an effort!

I think that the times for leaving heritage jewels to children other than the heir are in the past. We assume that JC bought back the Cartier loop tiara from his sister in order to keep it for the monarch. So we can assume that JC and also Queen Sofia are aware of the need to keep these heirlooms in the RF, and that means with the monarch.

What Cristina needs more than a tiara is money, or other useful assets. I'm convinced that Queen Sofia is aware of that fact, and will leave those old family heirlooms to either to Felipe or the Princess of Asturias. That Queen Letizia hasn't worn the tiara yet, does not mean that she never will (at least I hope so). And nobody can yet know which tiaras Leonor will favour in the future.

Needless to say, the best way to solve those kind of conficts is to place (most of) the royal jewels under a family foundation (effectively, a trust), as the Bernadottes and the Orange-Nassaus did in the past. That way, the entire family, including the collateral branches, can share them when needed and the jewels are guaranteed to stay in the family for use by future generations. In fact, even Queen Elizabeth II should consider doing that as she has a quite large number of descendants to contemplate in her will. She probably doesn't worry too much about it though because of the extraordinary large number of jewels she owns.

In Spain and Belgium, on the other hand, keeping the more important pieces in the family is absolutely critical as their collection has already become fairly small over the years. For example, it is a disgrace IMHO that Queen Paola seems to have left to Princess Astrid her one and only personal tiara, which is actually an heirloom from Queen Elisabeth of Belgium and should stay accordingly with Queen Mathilde or the Duchess of Brabant.

Last edited:
I rarely notice earrings when first viewing a photo but these caught my attention with their pretty and unusual colour combination.

Tha shade of blue looks really beautiful. I think its changes of color depend on the light and outfits.

They look absolutely lovely on her. Are they new?

Yes, they are, at least to me. I don't think they're Queen Sofia's either.

Stunning pair of earrings.

These earrings look much better on Letizia that they would look on Sofia, b/of hairstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom