The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But Máxima has worn Mabel's Wedding tiara only 2 times. At an official Visit in 2006 and at the Diamond Jubilee in Thailand. On both occasions mabel was not present.
I don't think we will see mabel often wearing a tara as she is no member of the Royal Hpouse she will not participate in State Functions in the Netherlands and there are no other tiara-occasions in the Netherlands. And i don't except her to attend many Events in the scandinavian Monarchies (where tiaras are worn for this sort of bashes) either. I think it is nice that the Dutch royal ladies share their tiaras so we see them not agan and again and again in the same tiara like we do with Mary and Mette-Marit. The spanish Ladies do the same but there the big tiaras are reserved for the Queen.
Yes thanks for correcting me, Mabel wasn't there, I still feel that Someone like Mabel and Laurientine should be able to have their own tiara, or one worn excusively by them when they do have occasions to go to.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, no Dutch royal apart from Princess Irene has a tiara/parure of their own. All of them are to be shared, probably with the understanding that the bigger pieces are reserved for the Queen. Mabel might possibly wear Laurentiens wedding tiara next time etc. The Dutch royals seem to treat these things like a policemanscap, as part of the uniform but without any sentimental value.

--
To Emeralds and Opals: that are Albert, Paola and Boudewijn indeed; it was during Juliana's state visit to Belgium. I believe prince Bernhard was ill and could not attend.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Commoner

Stuart Diademe

This weekend i visited paleis Soestdijk. There was an exhabition of pictures of Queen Juliana. One of the most beautiful pictures of the Queen was, wearing the Stuart Diademe, made in 1961, because of her 12 1/2 year Anniversary being a queen. Does anyone of you have this picture and can post it here?
I don't know were to post this question in this forum, that's why i post it here.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator

There are pictures of Queen Juliana wearing the Stuart Diadem on the previous two pages; maybe the picture you are looking for is there.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Commoner

Stuart tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

There are pictures of Queen Juliana wearing the Stuart Diadem on the previous two pages; maybe the picture you are looking for is there.
Thank you for your answer Warren, but unfortunately not. I've never seen the picture before, but it was an official picture, so it must be a public one.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Commoner

Stuart Tiara

I've found them:

Ansichtkaart t.g.v. 12,5 jarig bestaan regeringsjubileum

koninklijk huis, koninginnen, prinsen, staatsportretten, jubilea, Juliana, konin…

In Palace Soestdijk they were in full colour and magnificent...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator

A picture with a very good view of the Stuart parure, worn by Queen Juliana. Click on the 3rd picture on the 1st row and zoom in.

Nederlands Fotomuseum - Beeldbank)

The design actually looks nice on this picture IMO.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Queen Juliana knew how to wear Royal jewels and she wore them regally.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:31 AM

Great photo! Does anybody what brooche she is wearing? I don't think I've ever seen it before.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Courtier

That photo is amazing! I actually love the scroll design of this tiara. I really wish someone would take it down to it's smaller setting since no one has ever seen it. And maybe it's just me but that necklace would make a great tiara....BTW is she smoking?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volmer View Post
Great photo! Does anybody what brooche she is wearing? I don't think I've ever seen it before.
The bow brooch is also part of the Stuart parure. Queen Juliana has worn it regulary (either in combination with the Stuart tiara or with the diamond bandeau) but Queen Beatrix has never worn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
That photo is amazing! I actually love the scroll design of this tiara. I really wish someone would take it down to it's smaller setting since no one has ever seen it. And maybe it's just me but that necklace would make a great tiara....BTW is she smoking?
Me to! A few months ago it was rumored in Dutch royalty programmes and magazines that the tiara has been to the court jeweller for that reason. But I am not sure where they did get the information from. I would be nice if HM would at least wear the Stuart diamond once, maybe as a brooch.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Me too! A few months ago it was rumored in Dutch royalty programmes and magazines that the tiara has been to the court jeweller for that reason. But I am not sure where they did get the information from. I would be nice if HM would at least wear the Stuart diamond once, maybe as a brooch.
----------
I forgot about the Stuart diamond as a brooch. Let's hope it's not a rumor.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I remember the rumor as well and at the time, it was also rumored that the Stuart tiara was sent to a jeweler in hopes that it was being readied to wear to Victoria of Sweden's wedding by the Queen. We all know that didn't happen.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The bow brooch is also part of the Stuart parure. Queen Juliana has worn it regulary (either in combination with the Stuart tiara or with the diamond bandeau) but Queen Beatrix has never worn it.
Thanks Marengo, but I actually meant the brooch on her shoulder. Do you have more information on that one?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

No, I have never seen any jewel that resemblkes uit worn by a Dutch royal, which makes me wonder if it is actually a brooch and not something else (belonging to an order or to the dress, unlikely I know...)

Aother pictureof Juliana wearing the Stuart parure: http://www.nederlandsfotomuseum.nl/i...ecord_id=65498
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

Hi!

The brooch Queen Juliana wore on her shoulder is not part of an order insignia or the dress. HM has also worn in at Prinsjesdag in 1960. Judjing by the way it's placed, we can assume that it's a clip, maybe even Art Deco. Her daughter Irene wore it at the christening of her son Prince Carlos, the current Duke of Parma. Since then I've not seen photos of anyone wearing it.

ETA - I just found a photo/portrait of Princess Irene wearing the brooch in 1959.

Princess Irene wearing the diamond clip
- File:Juliana as a grandmother.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Bobby
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Thanks Bobby! That is an interesting find! Perhaps it belongs to the private jewels of princess Irene now? i have never seen her wearing it recently though. But apart from some earrings and bracelets, princess Irene hasn't worn larger pieces for decades of course. Maybe it will be worn by her new daughter-in-law soon.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Juliana, daughters and major bling:

Free of copyrights, from HGNL
a wonderful photo

i do miss the duch jewllery webbsite
when was the last time julianas large tia
ra were seen?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The Stuart tiara is one of the most grandest I have ever seen!

Pic

This tiara is amazing! I wonder why Beatrix has never worn it.I hope Maxima wears it someday!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, of they still own the Stuart Diamond Tiara (and I sincerely hope that is the case) then I wish we may see it on lovely Queen Maxima when that day arrives!

Tags
jewellery, queen juliana