Queen Ingrid Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3,979
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,886
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,197
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,693
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 947
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,906
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3,121
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,275
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,751
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,200
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,119

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,191
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,753
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,098
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 3,646
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,318
a stunning picture of queen ingrid..

Attachments

• Ruby_Tiara__Queen_Ingrid2a.jpg
    Ruby_Tiara__Queen_Ingrid2a.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,407
Thanks Josefine and Danjel for all the great pictures. Now I know where Prince Nikolaos (sp?) of Greece gets his exceptional good looks.

Yes, thank you both for the lovely pictures.

Queen Ingrid was lovely. I think her daughter Benedikte resembles her quite a bit.

here is one more photo

Attachments

• ingrid-2.jpg
    ingrid-2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,071
  • ingrid-3.jpg
    ingrid-3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • 1980b.jpg
    1980b.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5,396
  • di-dronning.jpg
    di-dronning.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3,282
  • 0017.jpg
    0017.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,344
  • pi000246.jpg
    pi000246.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 5,685
  • ingriddenmark1910-3.jpg
    ingriddenmark1910-3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
is there any bracelets necklaceses or earings that has not been worn by any of the royal family since the death of queen ingrid
what tiaras did she wear as princess of sweden
and what jewllery did she take with her to denmark

Dear Members,

Thank you for the pictures of this marvelous woman. She really was every inch a queen. Even in the last years when decline had really set in still there was something there and that was very moving. I found the different views of the ruby parure wonderful. I know now what the whole tiara looks like. Of course a picture is only a pale reflection. But CP Mary must be stunning in real life with that thing on. It is one of the most amazing, delightful and exhilerating sets of jewelry ever made, a masterpiece of the jewelers art. Cheers. Cheers. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

I believe she took the Khedive of Egypte tiara, now owned by her daughter Anne-Marie, the pearl and star tiara that Benedikte owns now and the Ruby parure of Mary. As far as I know from the top of my head these were all the important items. But probaby she took bracelets, necklaces and earrings to.

Marengo said:
I believe she took the Khedive of Egypte tiara, now owned by her daughter Anne-Marie, the pearl and star tiara that Benedikte owns now and the Ruby parure of Mary. As far as I know from the top of my head these were all the important items. But probaby she took bracelets, necklaces and earrings to.

She took also the Baden-Heart Diamond Tiara today worn by Queen argrethe II. and the Daisy-Brooch worn by her and Queen Margrethe II. on her Wedding Days. The Ruby parure did not come to denmark with Queen Ingrid. It was in 1869 given as a loan to princess Lovisa of Sweden who married the future Frederik VIII. by her grandmother Queen Joséphine. A few years later after the death of her grandmother she inherited the parure. In 1898 she gave the Tiara to Duchess Alexandrine of Mecklenburg the bride of her son Christian. When Queen Lovisa died in 1926 King Christian X. inhrited the Rest of the Parure. In 1935 the entire parure was given as a Wedding present to Princess Ingrid of Sweden by her parents-in-law.

Thank you Josefine. Queen Ingrid was a very elegant woman and her jewelry flatters her.

I recall that I made that mistake with the ruby parure before somewhere on this forum, but tanks for correcting me :).
Are there any pictures of Queen ingrid with the heart tiara or the star/pearl tiara?

Marengo said:
I recall that I made that mistake with the ruby parure before somewhere on this forum, but tanks for correcting me :).
Are there any pictures of Queen ingrid with the heart tiara or the star/pearl tiara?

There was a photo of her with the Pearl and Star Tiara on the old Royal-Jewels Site with is no closed. but i have not seen a photo of her with the Baden Heart Tiara.

A pity that Glenns site seems to be down to, but thank you for the awnser Stefan.
Does anybody know what happened to the stars and daisy's she is wearing in post no 8 of thios thread? Judging from the clothes she was still a Swedish Princess when she wore them, so did she take them with her to Denmark? The daisy's make a pretty bandeau for a younger Princess.

The Ruby Tiara looked perfect on Ingrid!
On Princess Mary it often looks too big and massive. It looked better on Ingrid. In a way it wasn't too "big for her head"...

Well, I am used to it in Ingrids white hair to. I think the colour of her hair makes the tiara seem less overwhelming, when Mary is wearing the rubies the contrast seems much bigger, also as her hair is flat and not culry as Ingrids.

As a queen of Denmark, did she wear the fabulous Danish emeralds and saphires?

Josefine said:
what kind of necklace is this?
I think that is three star brooches fastened on some kind of chain. Those star brooches are now owned by Princess Benedikte, by the way.

British Statevisit 1957...?

Hi...

I have been looking for pictures from Queen Elizabeth II's visit to Denmark in 1957. At the second day the Queen and king Frederik IX and their consorts went to the Royal Danish Theatre to see a gala performance. This was the first and only time that queen Ingrid wore the 12 small diamond bouquots from the 18. cent which her daughter queen Margrethe II wore at her silver wedding in 1992. The bouquots are stored at Rosenborg Castle together with the other crownjewels of Denmark...

Please help!

I'm not an expert finding pictures at the internet so maybe some of you who always provide ud with pictures can help...

:flowers: :)

I read on another thread that Queen Ingrid bequethed her "wedding" tiara to someone outside the Danish Royal Family. Does anyone know who? That IMO was the best looking of all the Danish tiaras.:neutral:

I read on another thread that Queen Ingrid bequethed her "wedding" tiara to someone outside the Danish Royal Family. Does anyone know who? That IMO was the best looking of all the Danish tiaras.:neutral:

Her daughter Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes. She wore it at the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and at the Gala at the Royal Opera the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.

Thank you for answering. I'm glad it stayed in the family.:flowers:

Thank you for answering. I'm glad it stayed in the family.:flowers:

It is still used by all the female family decedents of the queen of Denmark on there wedding day. But is dose belong to Anna Maria now.

she wore the cameo tiara but that one belongs to the bernadotte fondation. but i was wondering what jewllery did she bring to denmark?

She brought a lot of Jewels with her to Denmark
The Cartier Khedive of Egyput tiara now owned by Queen Anne-Marie
the baden-palmette tiara now owned by Queen Margrethe II.
The Star tiara now owned by Princess Benedikte
the small turquiose bandeau now owned by Queen Margrethe II.

and much more.

She brought a lot of Jewels with her to Denmark... and much more.
I knew about the Khedive of Egypt tiara, the Baden-palmette and the Star tiara, but I have never heard about the turquoise bandeau. What does it look like and do you know the history or any other information about it?
:daneflag::king::queen::swedenflag:

what jewels are in the family trust?

I'm not sure there is a full-fledged family trust, like there is in the Netherlands. Generally, the princesses are 'given' a tiara to wear, and that is it. Margrethe has multiple tiaras, and they will transfer to the next queen.

Back
Top Bottom