The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The ring was always a part of the parure Terri Terri

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere that Ingrid had planned CP Frederiks future wife to wear this ruby and diamond parure.
And for this reason QMII would not wear it. She thought it should be waiting for CP Frederiks bride to be.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I may have a reason. IMO, based on my view of how CP Mary dresses, she looks at balance - her jewels, accessories and dresses seem to balance each other. Compare the shape of CP Mary's face & hairstyle with Queen Ingrid's facial structure and hairstyle. Mary has a long, oval face and her chin is long and pointed. The apex leaf on the ruby tiara, was another point at the top of the tiara. So the entire effect, looking at the tiara in its original form and CP Mary's face (with her longer chin) made her face look longer that it really was.The change of the tiara (taking out the apex leaf) has lessen that effect. (I don't know if I have explained myself properly)

There are some changes to the ruby and diamond parure that have really shown that CP Mary has made it more versatile. Sometimes, when she wears the entire parure (tiara, long earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet), it looks like too much. CP Mary seems to prefer wearing more simple jewels. I like how she has change the earrings and added pearls. Or how she has worn a part of the huge brooch as a pendant.

By the way, she has now added a ring to match the set, so now its made up of the tiara, earrings, necklace, brooch, bracelet & ring.
I think you explained it perfectly and this really might be the reason. However, personally I find her pointy long face very charming and always thought that she looked great with the pointy version of the tiara.

Mary has worn the earrings in three different versions. The original version is very big and must be uncomfortable to wear. Also the whole look can be quiter overpowering, especially when worn with the necklace too. Than she also wore a small version with only the top element of the earings. That always seemed a bit too small for gala occasions, imo. The lastest version with pearls is the perfect middle way, imo it suits Mary very well.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The ring was always a part of the parure Terri Terri
Really? I didn't know that! Thanks Madame Royale...you learn something new every day! CP Mary only wore the ring last year, at Victoria's wedding! Would you happen to know who had the ring before Mary wore it?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
personally I find her pointy long face very charming and always thought that she looked great with the pointy version of the tiara.
True! But then again, we don't have to wear a huge tiara on our heads! IMO, Mary may have looked at her head in the mirror and thought it looked way too long with the more "pointy" version of the tiara!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Really? I didn't know that! Thanks Madame Royale...you learn something new every day! CP Mary only wore the ring last year, at Victoria's wedding! Would you happen to know who had the ring before Mary wore it?
You're more than welcome, Terri

The ring belongs to the parure. So before Mary acquired it's use, it was in the possession of Queen Ingrid.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know if the ruby ring belongs to the parure, but Queen Ingrid mostly wore a large oval diamond with the parure. This ring is now worn by Queen Margrethe II. Queen Ingrid and the ruby ring - Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Does anybody know what happened to Queen Ingrid's five row pearl necklaces? I've not seen any of her daughters wearing them.
And another question - other than the ruby parure and the Khedive tiara, what other jewels she wore at galas? Was the diamond collet necklace that Margrethe II now wears still hers or did Queen Ingrid use it on loan from her eldest daughter?

Bobby
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah! Tilia C., that panel is gorgeous! just what I was looking for. Thank you. Yup, I was talking about the change Queen Ingrid made to it. I prefer the wilder look of Ingrid's version but I do understand why Mary changed it and the new version suits her very well. Ingrids version always looked slightly awkward on Mary's head but she wears the new version well.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Courtier

While I was thinking a few days ago how many of Queen Alexandrine's and Queen Ingrid's jewellery left the main line of the DRF ,I realised that most of Alexandrine's jewellery that went into the " main branch" of her family were gifted to her granddaughters very early into their adulthoods: her drop tiara and delicious Russian sapphires were given to Margrethe, the floral brooches were turned into a tiara for Benedikte, who also got her amethysts I believe , and her long diamond sautoir was divided between Benedikte and Anne Marie. Moreover , I don't think that Queen Ingrid ever wore any of these pieces. So my question is which pieces that belonged to her m-i-l did Ingrid used during her lifetime and , if I am correct thinking that she only used bits and not substancial pieces, is there a reason of it, like a decision made by Alexandrine regarding her granddaughter or hard feeling between the two women?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Did Joachim & the other grand children receive anything?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
...Queen Ingrid wearing the star tiara...Queen Anne-Marie wearing the star tiara...
so we have seen several royals with t his star tiara

queen sofia of sweden
Queen ingrid of denmark
Princess Benedikte
Queen Anne-Marie
Princess Nathalie
Princess Alexandra
Carina Axelsson
Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Here ia Ingrid wearing various tiaras:

Khedive of Egypt tiara
Ruby Tiara
Floral Aigrette
Star Tiara
Danish Emerald
Pearl Tiara
Cameo Tiara

I had no idea she wore the Cameo,what a pleasent suprise! Ingrid had a gorgeous collection.She wore them so well.

I am sure there is more tiaras,but they are hard to find.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Majesty

are there jewllery worm by ingrid we have not seen yet after her death
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Possibly yes, but only 'insignificant' () pieces saved for gifts for special occasions in the family, like rings, brooches and pendants. For instance Princess Marie was seen wearing a pendant of Ingrid's some time ago. It's the stuff RF members are presented with after giving birth or at major birthdays, small pieces of jewellery with family stories attached to them.
At the bottomline: I don't think that we shall expect any surprises from 'the vault'.

viv
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I was very surprised that Ingrid once wore Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara. However it's very hard for me to find a photo.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

Here there's a link to a video:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: My Ultimate Tiara Collection: Queen Sophie’s Diamond Tiara
Old 10-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The video does not work for me.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Gentry

I've recently updated by posts on some Scandinavian tiaras and I would love some feedback. Here are the tiaras that have been worn by Queen Ingrid.

Emerald Parure Tiara
Floral Aigrette Tiara
Pearl Poire Tiara
Ruby Parure Tiara
Star & Pearl Tiara
Turquoise Daisy Bandeau

I haven't update these two yet but here they are
Antique Corsage Tiara
Khedive of Egypt Tiara

Thanks in advance!

Tags
denmark, ingrid, jewellery, queen ingrid