The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Not to stray off topic too much, but I for one was very surprised that the diamond and sapphire brooch which first came to Denmark with Alexandrine of Mecklenberg-Schwerin is now in the possession of Princess Marie.
I agree with you but as i understand it the Items in the Family Founation (or Fideikomiss) is for the use of the monarch not the entire Family. There is also Furniture and Artworks belonging to it. I also think othjer Items who belonged to Queen Ingrid (like the Khedive tiara) should have been made part of a Family Foundation where the Family members cann borrow Jewels if needed (like in the Netherlands).

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

I never knew that Queen Margrethe shares her jewels! She should do that more often.
Imo it would be ideal to keep the important jewels in a foundation to keep them in the main line, while members of the extended family may borrow them. So the younger children and their offspring would have access to their family heirlooms while still keeping them safe for the throne.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

At that time it suill belonged to Queen Ingrid. She also still owned the diamond pearl and star tiara now in the posession of Princess Benedikte, but it was on permanent loan to Benedikte who shared it with her daughters.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At that time it suill belonged to Queen Ingrid. She also still owned the diamond pearl and star tiara now in the posession of Princess Benedikte, but it was on permanent loan to Benedikte who shared it with her daughters.
This is intriguing! So at Queen Ingridís death Princess Benedikte handed back the Baden palmette tiara, and received the star tiara as an heirloom? I just checked my (albeit small) photo archive and noticed that I donít have any pictures of a younger Queen Margrethe wearing the palmette tiara.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
This is intriguing! So at Queen Ingridís death Princess Benedikte handed back the Baden palmette tiara, and received the star tiara as an heirloom? I just checked my (albeit small) photo archive and noticed that I donít have any pictures of a younger Queen Margrethe wearing the palmette tiara.
I think the Baden palmette tiara was sort of a permanent loan to Queen Margrethe but still owned by Queen Ingrid. She has worn it in the 60's a lot for example for her pre-Wedding Festivities. As far as i know Princess Benedikte has worn it only on time. And in 200 it was loaned to Alexandra SWB.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think the Baden palmette tiara was sort of a permanent loan to Queen Margrethe but still owned by Queen Ingrid. She has worn it in the 60's a lot for example for her pre-Wedding Festivities. As far as i know Princess Benedikte has worn it only on time. And in 200 it was loaned to Alexandra SWB.
I think I completely misunderstood your earlier post.
On the Foro Dinastias I found two (not very clear) photos of Queen Ingrid wearing the star tiara.
http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/47...600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/30...600x600Q85.jpg
If I'm not mistaken she wears the necklace she wears is the corsage which later was turned into a tiara for Anne-Marie.
And here is an interesting picture of Queen Anne-Marie wearing the star tiara and Princess Alexia is wearing her mother's two diamond stars in her hair. Unfortunately Princess Benedikte is out of focus in the background, but it looks like she's wearing her floral tiara.
http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Royal Highness

How I love that star tiara! There are only a handful that I can think of off-hand--Maxima's wedding tiara, the Wurtenburg (spelled it wrong, I know) ruby stars tiara, and I believe a Mountbattent tiara. Star tiaras are wonderfully whimsical!

Regarding Marie receiving the sapphire brooch of Queen Alexandrine's--it would appear that Margrethe did not learn her lesson after Princess Alexandra unfortunante situation with the Alexandrine diamond drop tiara. However, perhaps Margrethe felt she needed to pass a family piece onto Marie in much the same way she passed the tiara onto Alexandra. Just a thought.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And here is an interesting picture of Queen Anne-Marie wearing the star tiara and Princess Alexia is wearing her mother's two diamond stars in her hair. Unfortunately Princess Benedikte is out of focus in the background, but it looks like she's wearing her floral tiara.
http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg
GOD! I love this Tiara on Anna Maria. Has she ever warn it againe?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I also think othjer Items who belonged to Queen Ingrid (like the Khedive tiara) should have been made part of a Family Foundation where the Family members cann borrow Jewels if needed (like in the Netherlands).
It seems that the DRF didn't think they had the need to put her jewels in a Foundation. It might be because they didn't feel it was important to preserve her Swedish tiaras because they were her very personal property and she was the one to decide what to do with them. I was very suprised when Anne Marie got the Khedive but then I realised that by giving away that tiara Queen Ingrid was being just fair , giving a more or less equal share of her jewels to each daughter - Margethe now has the Baden Palmette and the turquoise bandeau, Benedikte the star and pearls tiara and Anne Marie the Khedive
Old 04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not to get off topic, but WOW, I didn't know Queen Ingrid had such a kickin body! She was a very stunning young woman. And I adore the tiara. It looks fantastic on Queen Ingrid and Anne-Marie.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Luv her jools to bits....Ingrid, this tough ram,fascinates me to the extreme,wud luv to be her humble servant n' walkin around her fab jools for all my life.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hermes View Post
wud luv to be her humble servant...
Would be a bit hard, she's been deceased 10 years

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Courtier

I am not sure if this question really belongs to the jewels thread but well it involves diamond so .....
Earlier in the thread I saw a picture a young Ingrid wearing the swedish court dress with her diamond daisy bandeau three of her star on a pendant and a swedish family order - I guess that of ther grandfather. I have always assumed that royal ladies use real stones on their family order so I wondered what has happened to the diamond frame Ingrid's swedish family order after she passed away? was it inherited by her descendants and is intact ? was it remodeled to make a new (danish) family order frame? was it returned to sweden? ( I include this possibility because I have noticed that swedish royal ladies have been wearing framed portraits for some centuries , so it could have been of historical value). Or she simply gave it back to her family when she married Frederick and never used it again? (however I think I have seen somewhere on the web a picture of Crown Princess Ingrid wearing the ruby parure and two family orders, one swedish and one danish)
Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was just reading some historical info on the ruby parure that Queen Ingrid left to Prince Fredrick. WOW some incredible history around that set, Mary must have shook a little the first time she put them on. Very special!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know rubies! I've been recording the history lately for my own personal files but I can't seem to find many photos of older generations wearing it. It wasn't the most impressive tiara before Ingrid though, she really dazzled it up. Does anyone have photos of the brooch that she took the extra pieces for the tiara from?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Yes, the ruby tiara has been revamped in the past year, it appears some elements have been removed or rearranged. This was pointed out at the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board a few months back.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Royal Highness

Princejohnny and Katrianna, I think you are talking about 2 different changes in the evolution of the ruby tiara. I've made this little panel of the tiara: http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/26...600x600Q85.jpg
The first two pic show Queen Alexandrine and Queen Ingrid with the small version of the tiara. Queen Ingrid had the two brooches added and the tiara got the grander ans slightly pointy look. Than CP Mary had it altered again last year and on the last pic on the panel you see that it now has a more rounded and denser look.
Unfortunately I've never seen a better picture of the two brooches than the one of Queen Ingrid which I put in the panel.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Certainly Queen Ingrid had the tiara fashioned in the most beautiful way.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Certainly Queen Ingrid had the tiara fashioned in the most beautiful way.
Yes, that's exactly my opinion, too. I can't understand why Mary changed a tiara which was already perfect.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly my opinion, too. I can't understand why Mary changed a tiara which was already perfect.
I may have a reason. IMO, based on my view of how CP Mary dresses, she looks at balance - her jewels, accessories and dresses seem to balance each other. Compare the shape of CP Mary's face & hairstyle with Queen Ingrid's facial structure and hairstyle. Mary has a long, oval face and her chin is long and pointed. The apex leaf on the ruby tiara, was another point at the top of the tiara. So the entire effect, looking at the tiara in its original form and CP Mary's face (with her longer chin) made her face look longer that it really was.The change of the tiara (taking out the apex leaf) has lessen that effect. (I don't know if I have explained myself properly)

There are some changes to the ruby and diamond parure that have really shown that CP Mary has made it more versatile. Sometimes, when she wears the entire parure (tiara, long earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet), it looks like too much. CP Mary seems to prefer wearing more simple jewels. I like how she has change the earrings and added pearls. Or how she has worn a part of the huge brooch as a pendant.

By the way, she has now added a ring to match the set, so now its made up of the tiara, earrings, necklace, brooch, bracelet & ring.

Tags
denmark, ingrid, jewellery, queen ingrid