Queen Frederika of Greece Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
here you go

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00020161.jpeg
    pre-SEEGER00020161.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,258
  • pre-SEEGER00006023.jpeg
    pre-SEEGER00006023.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,853
  • 50395102.jpg
    50395102.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4,564
  • 50344524.jpg
    50344524.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 50404484.jpg
    50404484.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,322
  • 3062158.jpg
    3062158.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,420
Last edited:
anyone know what happend to the tiara she is wearing in the third picture? It doesn't seem like any of her descendants have it.

On some site it was mentionet that she sold the large diamond tiara. It's really a great piece.

I would be interested to see more of Queen Frederika's jewellery. Anyone have a picture of a large pendant?

from corbis and getty

Attachments

• 50577395.jpg
    50577395.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,397
  • HU028564.jpg
    HU028564.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,503
  • U1043895.jpg
    U1043895.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,059
how many tiaras did she have and how many is not known where they are now

anne marie has two tiaras i think from frederika

Hellas

Is it just Scandinavia where Hellas is "Greece" or is it used by more than that? Queen of the Hellenes is the same concept... I believe I have heard Hellas somewhere else...?

Lord Williams said:
Is it just Scandinavia where Hellas is "Greece" or is it used by more than that? Queen of the Hellenes is the same concept... I believe I have heard Hellas somewhere else...?
Hellas is 'Greece' in Greek. Check their stamps.

Queen Sophia looks so much like her.

Yes, she does resemble her mother. Queen Frederika loved her jewels and often wore quite a bit together. :)

Josefine said:
here you go

:) Wonderful pictures!! I am not very sure, but it seems to me that in the third and the fourth picture I see the same jewel - once as a tiara, once as a necklace. Am I wrong?:)

Olka said:
:) Wonderful pictures!! I am not very sure, but it seems to me that in the third and the fourth picture I see the same jewel - once as a tiara, once as a necklace. Am I wrong?:)

yes! you are right, the emerald tiara can be worn as a necklace too.
Queen Frederika loved wearing that tiara as a necklace, but I only have seen Queen Anne Marie wearing it as a tiara.

It's a pity Queen Frederika had to sell the diamond tiara in the 70's because of economical problems.

that would be the same tiara that princess letizia wore to her wedding to prince felipe

ingenue said:
that would be the same tiara that princess letizia wore to her wedding to prince felipe

Yes, it is the same. This tiara comes from Federica's mother who was Kaiser's Guillelm only daughter (he had 5 or 6 sons I think). Tiara passes from Victoria Louisa from Prusse to her daughter Federica and then to Queen Sofia and now it has been worn by Letizia.
Normally I think that this tiara goes from mother to daughter, so it may belong to Infanta Christina (worn many many times by her) I do not remember Infanta Elena wearing it.

Last edited:
I think that i ready somewhere (i don't remember where...) that Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia and i think now the tiara belongs to the Spanish Royal Family, so the Queen, the Infantas and the Princess can use it.
I think that the Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia when she married with King Juan Carlos. It was her wedding present, i think.

...JuAnItA... said:
I think that i ready somewhere (i don't remember where...) that Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia and i think now the tiara belongs to the Spanish Royal Family, so the Queen, the Infantas and the Princess can use it.
I think that the Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia when she married with King Juan Carlos. It was her wedding present, i think.

Yes, it is very possible, but I think that I've read somewhere that it is supposed to go from mother to doughter. It may belong to Christina, but Letizia used it for her wedding, I'm not very sure for the "ownership"

fandesacs2003 said:
Yes, it is very possible, but I think that I've read somewhere that it is supposed to go from mother to doughter. It may belong to Christina, but Letizia used it for her wedding, I'm not very sure for the "ownership"
But if it was like you're saying, the tiara mey belong to Elena because she is the oldest.
I think that all the ladies of the royal family can use it!

fandesacs2003 said:

The tiara belongs to Queen Sophia, and she lends it to her daughters and daughter-in-law, nobody knows who will be the future owner of the tiara, it all depends on the Queen (accordint to the book about the spanish jewels, this tiara is the cheaper of them all)

Saturn said:
The tiara belongs to Queen Sophia, and she lends it to her daughters and daughter-in-law, nobody knows who will be the future owner of the tiara, it all depends on the Queen (accordint to the book about the spanish jewels, this tiara is the cheaper of them all)

You may be right, I read in Point de vue something explaining about this Tiara's destiny, but I'm not sure, I thing remembering this "mother to daughter" line, but, no more.
If I find more I'll post.

Obviously Queen Sophia has the Prussian Tiara, the Emeralds are with Queen Anne-Marie. Did Princess Irene inherit a tiara from her mother? If so, which one?

Flickr Photo Download: Königin Friederike von Griechenland, Queen Frederica of Greece

The necklace is convertible to a tiara that princess Irini was using.Do you know what happened to this jewel and if it was a historical piece? I haven't seen it since the sixties...

Greece Greek - Royal-Jewel | Schmuck und Juwelen der Königin und Prinzessinnen von Griechenland
And you can see that her necklace is also convertible...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26024&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1092731848

Last edited by a moderator:
The necklace of the Queen Federika, it is very beautiful and bracelet ...

I think that they are not jewels of the Greek Royal Family, I think that they are the family jewels of the Queen Federika it is possible that her mother ... I have searched far the tiara because I think that I have seen it in the Queen Sofia but I do not found it

Hellas is 'Greece' in Greek. Check their stamps.

Well, in order to clarify the above, as a Greek :flowers:, since the ancient years, Hellas is the name of our country and we are Hellenes.
The term "Greece", although existing since the ancient years, was used extensively in Europe for Hellas and Greeks for Hellenes, in the same way that the term Junan was used for us by Turkey, etc.

There are sources since the times we were under the Turkish occupation (1453-1821) that mention the term "Greek" (Γραικός) as equivalent of Hellene ("εγώ Γραικός γεννήθηκα, Γραικός θε να πεθάνω" meaning I was born Greek, I will die Greek).

In our language, we use the terms Hellas (Ελλάς), Hellenes (Έλληνες), or hellenique (ελληνικό) and not Greece (Γραικία) or Greek (Γραικός) ... Imagine that when I began studying english (when I was around 10), I was shocked when I learned that the name of my country abroad was something I had never heard until then (as in our every day language the term Greek does not exist any more...).

There are Greeks who consider the use of the term "Greece" as a failure of our country to establish successfully its own name abroad !!!

Besides, in all our formal government documents our country is Hellas, not Greece (as well as stamps mentioned above).

Consider that Greece is a member-state of the European Community as Hellas and not as Greece!

Back
Top Bottom