Queen Frederika of Greece Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love all of her tiaras. For such a petite lady, Queen Frederika pulled off some major jewels!

On her wedding day she wore 2 tiaras the diamond tiara and on top the Hannover little Crown tiara , Princess Frederika has to give back asap.

Was it the Roumanian Sapphire ? I found the answer thread 55

Last edited:
One indeed for the most beautiful tiaras ever!!!

Yes, it's one of Queen Frederika's sapphire necklaces.

Image cropped from a larger one and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Actually it's the pearl and diamond necklace tiara talked about earlier with the sapphire pendant added on.

I never realized that Queen Ingrid of Denmark borrowed the tiara from Queen Friederike ,its certainly an exquisite piece fit for a queen!
Hehe, yes, it seems that someone had misplaced the box with Queen Ingrid's tiara, when they arrived at the hotel. Luckily, the box turned up again the next day, complete with the jewels. But for the celebrations on the first night Queen Ingrid had to loan a tiara from Queen Federika.

Hehe, yes, it seems that someone had misplaced the box with Queen Ingrid's tiara, when they arrived at the hotel. Luckily, the box turned up again the next day, complete with the jewels. But for the celebrations on the first night Queen Ingrid had to loan a tiara from Queen Federika.

Well that explains the tiara loan from Queen Federika,thanks for the additional information.

Τhe Greek Royal Jewels
According to this article:
The Empress consort Victoria of Germany, daughter of Queen Victoria gave her daughter, Princess Sophia of Prussia a diamond tiara as a wedding present, upon her marriage with Constantine of Greece in 1889. The tiara was passed on to Queen Frederika. The tiara, which some thought had been sold by Queen Frederika in the seventies, was worn by Princess Marie-Chantal in 2012.

Today I came across an interview with King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie, in this interview Anne Marie telling that there are still many wedding gifts (and her wedding dress) in Tatoi Castle and that they have no access to them or only some of them were returned in 2000 . I wonder if there are jewels among the things left behind. For example Queen Frederica's ruby brooch, the pearl & diamond tiara / necklace?

Last edited:
Why did Marie Chantal never wore Queen Frederika's tiara again ?
She may not wear the Fringe tiara because it is her daughter's present.

Last edited:
She may not wear the Fringe tiata because it is her daughter's present.

Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara?

I think it was only worn once in 2012 and looked a little too big on the Crown Princess.

Queen Frederica necklace

She may not wear the Fringe tiara because it is her daughter's present.

I wonder if someone knows anything about that necklace on Queen Frederica ?

Attachments

• 353F6870-2E10-427E-84ED-8A817C466C3E.jpg
    353F6870-2E10-427E-84ED-8A817C466C3E.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom