The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I think that i ready somewhere (i don't remember where...) that Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia and i think now the tiara belongs to the Spanish Royal Family, so the Queen, the Infantas and the Princess can use it.
I think that the Queen Frederika gave the tiara to Queen Sofia when she married with King Juan Carlos. It was her wedding present, i think.
Yes, it is very possible, but I think that I've read somewhere that it is supposed to go from mother to doughter. It may belong to Christina, but Letizia used it for her wedding, I'm not very sure for the "ownership"

Old 03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Yes, it is very possible, but I think that I've read somewhere that it is supposed to go from mother to doughter. It may belong to Christina, but Letizia used it for her wedding, I'm not very sure for the "ownership"
But if it was like you're saying, the tiara mey belong to Elena because she is the oldest.
I think that all the ladies of the royal family can use it!

Old 03-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
The tiara belongs to Queen Sophia, and she lends it to her daughters and daughter-in-law, nobody knows who will be the future owner of the tiara, it all depends on the Queen (accordint to the book about the spanish jewels, this tiara is the cheaper of them all)
Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
The tiara belongs to Queen Sophia, and she lends it to her daughters and daughter-in-law, nobody knows who will be the future owner of the tiara, it all depends on the Queen (accordint to the book about the spanish jewels, this tiara is the cheaper of them all)
You may be right, I read in Point de vue something explaining about this Tiara's destiny, but I'm not sure, I thing remembering this "mother to daughter" line, but, no more.
If I find more I'll post.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Serene Highness

Obviously Queen Sophia has the Prussian Tiara, the Emeralds are with Queen Anne-Marie. Did Princess Irene inherit a tiara from her mother? If so, which one?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Gentry

Didn't Irene got some diamond & pearl necklace/tiara.... ???
Old 06-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Majesty

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/FotoWeb/...D2C50F0873DBCE

here is one of her

what necklace is she wearing?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Commoner

Flickr Photo Download: K├Ânigin Friederike von Griechenland, Queen Frederica of Greece

The necklace is convertible to a tiara that princess Irini was using.Do you know what happened to this jewel and if it was a historical piece? I haven't seen it since the sixties...

Greece Greek - Royal-Jewel | Schmuck und Juwelen der K÷nigin und Prinzessinnen von Griechenland
And you can see that her necklace is also convertible...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1092731848
Old 06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness

The necklace of the Queen Federika, it is very beautiful and bracelet ...

I think that they are not jewels of the Greek Royal Family, I think that they are the family jewels of the Queen Federika it is possible that her mother ... I have searched far the tiara because I think that I have seen it in the Queen Sofia but I do not found it
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Hellas is 'Greece' in Greek. Check their stamps.
Well, in order to clarify the above, as a Greek , since the ancient years, Hellas is the name of our country and we are Hellenes.
The term "Greece", although existing since the ancient years, was used extensively in Europe for Hellas and Greeks for Hellenes, in the same way that the term Junan was used for us by Turkey, etc.

There are sources since the times we were under the Turkish occupation (1453-1821) that mention the term "Greek" (Γραικός) as equivalent of Hellene ("εγώ Γραικός γεννήθηκα, Γραικός θε να πεθάνω" meaning I was born Greek, I will die Greek).

In our language, we use the terms Hellas (Ελλάς), Hellenes (Έλληνες), or hellenique (ελληνικό) and not Greece (Γραικία) or Greek (Γραικός) ... Imagine that when I began studying english (when I was around 10), I was shocked when I learned that the name of my country abroad was something I had never heard until then (as in our every day language the term Greek does not exist any more...).

There are Greeks who consider the use of the term "Greece" as a failure of our country to establish successfully its own name abroad !!!

Besides, in all our formal government documents our country is Hellas, not Greece (as well as stamps mentioned above).

Consider that Greece is a member-state of the European Community as Hellas and not as Greece!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know what stones are in this convertable Tiara necklace that princess Irene inherited?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The diamond tiara was Queen Sophie's wedding gift from her mother, The Empress Frederick of Germany. It may have been sold during Fredericka's exile from Greece, however, some sources are saying it remains with her family (the Hanovers?) as part of their inheritance.

Either way it hasn't been seen in years. The emeralds are with Queen Anne-Marie.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Anne Marie is wearing Frederica's jewels in a more simple way, shorter necklaces, less emeralds which is much better.

Some of Frederica's jewels are still belonging to Princess Irene.
I wonder if she will give them to Sophia or to Anne-Marie.
I should prefer Sophia because Marie-Chantal has enough , her fringe tiara was her father's present!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

I agree, only due to the fact that the Spanish are reigning royals, ane will hopefully be properly used.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Courtier

What about Princess Alexia and Princess Teodora ?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Did Frederica's big diamand tiara, nowadays sold , belong to Princess Nicolas of Greece born Elisabeth , Grand-Duchess of Russia ?
Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Did Frederica's big diamand tiara, nowadays sold , belong to Princess Nicolas of Greece born Elisabeth , Grand-Duchess of Russia ?
No, it was a wedding gift from Empress Frederick to her daughter, Princess Sophie of Prussia, when she married Crown Prince Constantine of the Hellenes. Queen Sophie left it to the Greek Royal House as part of the crown collection.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

Do you know this tiara?

LIFE: Don Juan Carlos And Sophie Wedding - Hosted by Google
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Gentry

Espejor this is diamond & ruby laur wreth tiara, in your photo you can see the whole parue. Now it belongs to Queen Anne Marie, she got it as a wedding gift from Queen Frederika.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

The jewels of the Greek Royal Family

Hello! We have chatted about the jewels of Queen Federica, Anne-Marie and Marie Chantal. But, what about the rest of queens and princesses of Greece?

Princess Olga:

Olga of Greece pictures from fashion photos on webshots

1880 ca. Olga Konstantinova of Greece pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Queen Sophia:

Sophia of Greece pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Crown Princess Sophia of Greece post card pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Seated pensive Queen Sophia Greece pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Crown Princess Sophia of Greece in full dress pictures from fashion photos on webshots

1915 Queen Sophia of Greece by Georgios Iakovidis (location unknown to gogm) pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Princesses SofÝa and Irene:

Princesses Sofia and Irene of Greece pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Queen Federica:

1952 Queen Fredericka by Frank Scherschel (LIFE archives) pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Princess Franšois of Orleans:

Francoise of Orleans (Princess Christopher of Greece) pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Queen Olga:

Queen Olga of Greece pictures from art photos on webshots

Princess Alice of Battemberg:

Alice of Battenberg pictures from fashion photos on webshots

Regards!

Tags
frederika, greece, jewellery, queen frederika