The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Queen Fabiola is such a classy woman! I guess you have to be royalty to have so much style nowdays.....

Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now, is her jewelry cosidered crown jewels or her personal pieces? She has some gorgeous pieces, of course it doesn't hurt that she has an incredible flair for style IMO

Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Is her jewelry cosidered crown jewels or her personal pieces? She has some gorgeous pieces, of course it doesn't hurt that she has an incredible flair for style IMO
I believe the only tiara she ever used and can be considered crown jewel was the tiara that was originally a wedding gift to Queen Astrid ( I can't remember its name). She gave that to Queen Paola when Paola became a Consort.

By the way , do you know why she stopped wearing big jewellery and tiaras after her husband's death? I mean is there some kind of court etiquette for the Queen Dowager at Belgium or she just finds it somehow improprer to be heavily bejewelled now that her dear husband is gone?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

That the Empire diamond tiara. I think she doesn't like to wear much jewellry Already in the last years of her husbands reign she almost only wore the small Wolfers dimaond tiara

Royal Travel and Events

Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

She wore once a tiara during the King of Spain visit, sometimes she wore her spanish tiara as a necklace.
Why , I think the Great lady doesn't want anymore to stole the show. The Queen is now her sister in law Paola, who LIKES to be Queen.

We have only one Queens's state tiara and is is the one Queen Paola wears now.
Fabiola's spanish tiara and her Wolfers tiara (present of the Belgians) and her aquamarines will go I hope to Princess Mathilde or Princess Astrid.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
She wore once a tiara during the King of Spain visit, sometimes she wore her spanish tiara as a necklace.
Why , I think the Great lady doesn't want anymore to stole the show. The Queen is now her sister in law Paola, who LIKES to be Queen.
And again at the return Banquet at the State Visit from Sweden in 2001.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
And here's Madame Franco, looking perhaps just a little too pleased with herself, presenting the tiara to Fabiola...

I was looking for info about Q. Fabiola's jewels and I find this! Madame Franco loved jewellery that's why she looks like a christmas tree, she was called in Spain "Madame Necklaces". She must have hated to give that tiara to Fabiola!

I love all Q. Fabiola jewellery is very regal, I hope that it will be inherited by P. Mathilde she would look fabulous with it.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Majesty

when were the last time she wore a tiara?

does she have any "grand" necklaces or brosches?
something with a history
Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I think the last time Fabiola wore a tiara was 2000 or 2001. I believe another member can be more helpful than I am. I'm sure Fabiola has some beautiful brooches, necklaces and bracelets perhaps some Queen Astrid's jewels, but over the past few years, she hasn't worn many jewels.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I think the last time Fabiola wore a tiara was 2000 or 2001. I believe another member can be more helpful than I am. I'm sure Fabiola has some beautiful brooches, necklaces and bracelets perhaps some Queen Astrid's jewels, but over the past few years, she hasn't worn many jewels.
thank you so much for the info
so what tiaras has she worn past the years? was it 4?
  • Empire diamond tiara
  • Fabiola's Spanish tiara
  • Wolfers tiara (present of the Belgians)
  • aquamarines tiara
and is there any of them we have not seen since 2000/2001?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

the aquamarine tiara was a version of the spanish tiara. It was this sonce she wore in 2000/2001.
The Wolfers tiara was not worn since the death of King Baudouin

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which one is the empire diamond tiara ?
I know her Wolfers tiara , her Spanish tiara in 2 versions with different stones rubies and aigue-marines .
Since King Baudoin's death she decided not to wear important jewelry except for the King of Spain's State Visit.
Queen Astrid's tiara is the tiara of the Consort Queen , now her sister-in-law Paola.
We know that King Baudouin inherited jewelry from his late mother Queen Astrid perhaps emeralds but we never saw them .
I hope she will give her jewels to Mathilde who has only one and to Astrid who has nothing the tiara she is always wears is a loan from her mother-in-law born Princess of Aosta.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

The empire tiara is the one from Astrid who is now worn by Paola. They spanish tiara could be worn ins six versions. With red stones, green stones and aquamarines and then either as crown or the smaller version.
I hope Fabiola will leave her Jewels to the actual monarch to create a foundation or crown collection.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Her Spanish tiara can be worn in 6 ways, I would say that makes it the most versatile tiara in any Royal Family! I hope she leaves the Spanish one to Mathilde since she needs a new one and one that can be worn in many ways will suit her perfectly! The small one would be nice to go to Mathilde but also to Astrid, but Astrid has one tiara and a large Emerald necklace which is more than she'll ever need!!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Majesty

so some jewllery we have not seen for 12 years however we have seen mathilde with fabiolas brosch at the london wedding 2011 that is kind of huge
Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Luxembourg wedding- Gala dinner
flower brooch
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 01-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
She's also got a smaller tiara (made by the Belgian jeweller Wolfers), that can be worn as a necklace as well.
Wolfers tiara and aquamarine earrings
I just realized, I haven't seen this tiara yet. Does somebody know, when it has been worn the last time? It is such a pity that there are other jewels in the Belgium RF but we only see the same tiara on Mathilde, and 2 on Queen Fabiola.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I just realized, I haven't seen this tiara yet. Does somebody know, when it has been worn the last time? It is such a pity that there are other jewels in the Belgium RF but we only see the same tiara on Mathilde, and 2 on Queen Fabiola.
queen Fabiola wore this tiara a lot in the last years of her husbands reign. One of the last time was at a State Visit to the Netherlands in 1992/1993. Since then she has only worn twice a tiara and that was the flower-wreath version with aquamarines of the spanish Wedding gift tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Nobility

Thanks so much Stefan - as always, on top of information.
I have to say, from the pictures I like the tiara/necklace, and I thought it would be great for Mathilde. It is such a pity, if Queen Fabiolas jewels would not go to the RF, but with the latest information, there seems to be space for some doubt.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Commoner

what is going to happend with Queen Fabiola's jewellery once she will be no long with us?

Tags
jewellery, queen fabiola