Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boffer at the RJOTW message board has created a border this month containing a rare clear photo of HM The Queen Mother wearing the Teck Circle as a tiara if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board

You've got to love Boffer!
The Teck Circle is one of my favorite pieces; in the closeups of Margaret wearing it the necklace is really mesmerizing; I"ve wondered if in fact the collets in the center were actually a detachable riviere--I seem to recall that Margaret sometimes wore two; one was Queen Mary's but it was sold at auction (that still breaks my heart).
Interestingly, I've not seen any photos that show that Queen Mary ever wore the Teck Circle piece, though. That has always struck me as odd considering how sentimental she was about family pieces.
Here's a great photo of the piece worn by Princess Margaret as a necklace:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2703&d=1045429274

Lovely Janet! The Teck Circle Tiara/Necklace is one of my favorite pieces. I would love to see someone trot it out. Hint Hint!!!

I think the Rundell would suit Camilla but her hair would need a little modification to make it work.

I am sure it would look stunning on Camilla but I think Queen Alexandra would turn (and probably spin round) in her grave, knowing what HM thought of Mrs Keppel.

I love the pics early in the thread of the Queen Mother with her tiara across her forehead. Very 1920's!

I'm not that fond of the Teck necklace. It looks too clunky. The Rundell tiara is exquisite though. I wonder if its been broken up.

Warren do you have a photo of the earrings that the Queen Mother wore so often in her later years.? They looked as if they were star shaped, quite large.

They were lovely. I have often wondered if we will see then on Camilla, but I think the Queen is holding on to them for sentimental value. Perhaps the next person to wear them will be William's wife, whoever she might be!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope they are either given to Camilla or to William's wife. I would hate for them to go outside the potential monarchs / consorts, and potentially end up being sold at some stage

Last edited by a moderator:
I was flipping through Field's book (first version, sorry) and found some photos of QEQM wearing the scroll tiara and the caption stated that between the time of her marriage and her ascension the Duchess of York wore about half a dozen tiaras. Here is what I've come up with:

Strathmore Rose
Turquoise tiara (later given to Princess Margaret)
Papyrus Motif
Teck Crescent Tiara
Scroll tiara

Necklace/bracelet worn as a tiara:
diamond bandeau made from those bracelets (ruby, emerald, sapphire, one all diamond)
Teck Circles necklace

Am I missing something? And, is there a photo of her wearing the turquoise parue in full with tiara? I've not seen one that I am able to recollect at the moment

A reminder that posting copyrighted images is ILLEGAL and leaves the Forums open to legal action. Hotlinking is bad internet etiquette.
Copyrighted and hotlinked photos have been and will be removed.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Is there anyone familiar with the brooch Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother wore very frequently; e.g. for the City Luncheon in the Guildhall in advance of her 100th birthday. Her Majesty The Queen now wears it, e.g. on the second day of her state visit to Turkey, on the white jacket and with the headscarf on.

I am really amazed by the brooches of The Queen Mother. Regularly seen again are the diamond shell brooch, worn by The Queen now, as is QM's ruby hibiscus brooch. Camilla wears the emerald one (Royal Ascot), a brooch in the form of a fancy ribbon, ... but what happened to the larger once and what is their provenance. I remember a portrait of the QM in an orange hat and coat on a book (released in the immediate aftermath of her death by one of the newspapers) and it is a very heavy one I suppose.

I always loved the workmanship in this tiara. I wonder if it could be turned around and worn as a necklace.

Can anybody please explain the meaning of "scroll" in terms of jewellery? Many thanks in advance:flowers:

What a lovely tiara!

Perhaps we will get to see it on Princess Eugenie one day (although the tiara opportunities for the York princesses are slim to none). She resembles the Queen Mother in many ways.

I was also thinking that it would fit perfectly on Princess Eugenie. They may not have many tiara events in their future, but the Diamond Jubilee is coming up. Im expecting a tour de force of royal splender in 2012. She does resemble the Queen Mother quite a bit. I think by scroll they mean they way it unwinds like a scroll, but thats just me being creative.

Mabe Princess Eugenie will wear her mothers tiara Idought that Sarah has much use of it now and then againe she can remodel Sarahs ugly ruby gems as well.

Agree it is a lovely tiara for a young royal. Any better or more detailed photos of it that you can post? I'd not seen this one before...

The Queen Mother wore the Teck Circle necklace as a tiara at least once. If it was left to Margaret it would have passed to her son or daughter. If it was "on loan" it would have been returned to HM. I'd guess it would remain with the Teck Tiara so hopefully they are both now in the BP vaults.

What a pity we wont see it "aired" for sometime, it really is a stunning necklace!

Back
Top Bottom