Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
muriel said:
Quite so, though HM is hardly short of fringe tiaras themselves!

Too true! If only I had such 'problems'!

The Queen have a very nice collection of jewels and I hope The Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge carry one The Queen's tradition of making use of the Jewels and brooches. I think the brooches just complete the look for the senior Royal Women of Windsor.

Such an amazing summary! Thanks and hats off to FHMJV. I am not worthy. :curtsey::curtsey::curtsey:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope The Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge will continue the tradition to wear the George IV Diadem to the State Opening of Parliament and wear these other jewels because they are great pieces.

Thanks for posting the video.

:previous:
The most significant being...
- Parure of jewellery: necklace, earrings, ring and bangle from Amir of Kuwait (November 2012).
A parure, yes, but what of? Would it have been a such a big step for the Palace to preface "Parure" with the type of stone and setting (platinum, gold, silver)? eg "A diamond parure set in platinum comprising..."
They don't give much away, do they! :huh:

It being a Diamond Jubilee gift, one would assume the parure is all diamonds, but we may not know until the Emir of Kuwait (or a senior member of the Kuwaiti Ruling Family) pays another visit.
As to the "bangle", maybe "bracelet" is a more appropriate term.

I was thinking exactly the same thing: would it kill them to say "parure of emeralds" or "parure of diamonds" or whatever the stones are?
Now we have to wait years to find out.

If the palace specified a bangle, maybe it is a bangle (doesn't have a clasp as bracelets usually do)? Bangles are pretty popular in Arab jewellery making so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what part of the parure indeed is.

A diamond bangle indeed!
But definitely something more substantial (and sumptuous) than the image a mere "bangle" would conjure up. :)

examples of diamond bangles:

Attachments

• Bangle 1.jpg
    Bangle 1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Bangle 2.jpg
    Bangle 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Bangle 3.jpg
    Bangle 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 453
  • Bangle 4.jpg
    Bangle 4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same thing: would it kill them to say "parure of emeralds" or "parure of diamonds" or whatever the stones are?
Now we have to wait years to find out.

If the palace specified a bangle, maybe it is a bangle (doesn't have a clasp as bracelets usually do)? Bangles are pretty popular in Arab jewellery making so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what part of the parure indeed is.

I don't know, the British royals and palace officials have become a bit funny about their jewels and jewelry given as gifts.

I don't believe the list of gifts in the Daily Mail is anywhere near complete. Just look at all those new brooches she wore during the year, that we assume were a jubilee gift. But then if they did mention these brooches I guess the DM or the palace would hardly give any sort of identifying description for us to tell what piece was from whom. Very frustrating for jewelry watchers.

Does anyone know what a SHARYAK brooch is? I googled it and it's a last name - but what it it when it is a brooch?

Does anyone know where the full annual list of gifts can be found? I trawled the London Gazette and the Official Website of the Monarchy and could not find it. Where is it "published?" Thanks.

I think the list is simply sent to the media and not put online for the public, I remember finding a copy one year on the official royal website but it was the same time the entire gifts being sold saga was going on. So i guess unless the media publish it in full we wont see it.
I know the Clarence House lists are usually put online when they are released.

Thanks for the link - I had always thought this was a much older necklace. It seems to have quickly become a familiar piece. Partly perhaps because it was loaned to Diana.

I am sure, the video from the Queens diamond exhibition has been posted before, but I looked at it today, and found it really amazing

This was amazing. It was wonderful to see most of the Cullinan diamonds together. Thanks so much for sharing.

Again, it would be divine as a tiara. I can wear it 24/7 a day if it is too much trouble for the ladies of the BRF...

Do I now have to revise my favorite necklace with the appearance of this pendant fringe one? This is also along the lines of the King Khalid necklace: sparkly, lightweight yet loaded with exquisite pear diamonds. Just gorgeous! Any time HM feels she has a surplus of these necklaces, she can always gift one to me!

Last edited:
Some of the Queen's necklace's would look great converted into small tiara's for the younger royal women, like Kate or Princess Beatrice. Heck, I'd rather see Countess Sophie in a converted necklace than that God awful wedding tiara she received.

Lovely necklace, indeed!

Was this the one Sophie wore to Victoria's wedding in Stockholm in 2010?
No, it isn't. And it's also not the King Khalid Necklace.
The necklace Sophie wore is a bit of a mystery piece to me; I don't think I have seen it before (certainly not on Sophie).

Attachments

• sophie2.jpg
    sophie2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 271

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 3, 4.jpg