Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the aquamarine parure (i like only the brooch), but I must admit that it looks good on her.
I agree with you GillW, it looks better now with white hair than when she was younger.

Do we know, when she last wore the aquamarine parure? I can't remember seeing her with this jewelry recently. Still not decided yet if I like it. Definitely not my favourite (although I like aquamarines) but I think HM can show it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time she wore it was during the State Banquet of the Mexican President in March 2010.

A question to my knowledgeable fellow posters.

The ruby tiara, created in the 1970ies for HM Queen Elizabeth contains diamonds, which are believed to come from the tiara she received from the Nizam of Hyderabad:

http://knowingtheroyals.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/760014.jpg

I was reading in one of my jewelry books that the Nizam of H. tiara contained a set of diamond clips which are believed to come from the actress Merle Oberons jewelry collection. While the diamonds of the original tiara have been remounted into the ruby tiara, the clips have been kept and are still worn by Queen Elizabeth.
Anybody has more information here?

The last time she wore it was during the State Banquet of the Mexican President in March 2010.

The time before that was in 2006 when the President of Brazil had visited the UK

At the end of this lengthy Mail Online link is a video of part of HM's speech at the Irish State Banquet in Dublin.
She is wearing the Girls of Great Britain tiara and a diamond necklace (provenance unknown).

For those who like to see some glitter in action, the video is worth a look.

-> Queen's visit to Ireland| Mail Online (scroll down for the video)

v
HM at the Irish State Banquet
image cropped from a much larger picture and not subject to copyright
warren i think this necklace was queen marys gift from queen victoria it was called a diamond fringe necklace its also seen in a pic of queen mary on this site Queen Marys Wedding presents | Hochzeitsgeschenke :flowers:

I dont' think it's the necklace Queen Mary received from Queen Victoria for her wedding.

Yes, it was said that the Fringe tiara was made using diamonds taken from the necklace/tiara Queen Mary received as a wedding gift from Queen Victoria.

oh bother lol thanks alyend it did to me look like the same one :) oh well back to sleuthing lol you just cant beat a good jewel mystery

i think this necklace was queen marys gift from queen victoria
The diamond necklace is of a modern design and HM has worn it quite often since at least 2004.
The provenance of the necklace remains unknown.

Last edited:
Wonderful to see Her Majesty wearing the waterfall brooch this evening, but I can't quite make out which earrings she is wearing - they just don't look like the pair which match her necklace!

ldmemail said:
Wonderful to see Her Majesty wearing the waterfall brooch this evening, but I can't quite make out which earrings she is wearing - they just don't look like the pair which match her necklace!

Finally a decent photograph!!!! And at Last (!!!) Her Majesty is wearing her Mother's spectacular diamond earrings !

I was so hoping we would be seeing these earrings on Camilla but I am happy they are finally making an outing!

I forget, is it your personal jewelry if it is a gift from a state visit. I would say yes but actually you wouldn't recieve such a gift if not for the royal title. So is it state property or do you have to specifically say you are leaving it to the State? anyone of you experts have an opinion?

Any jewels accepted by The Sovereign are considered to be on behalf of the Crown to be worn in right of it. These gifts are tax-free provided the jewels remain with the Royal Collection.

The other members of the royal family are required to pay a gift tax if they keep the jewels as their personal property. Presumbly, The Queen pays this tax on their behalf since it could be considerable depending on the value of the jewels.

I know Diana returned the Cambridge tiara to the queen but,does anyone know the last time the queen wore that tiara?It seems like a long time since she wore that.

I know Diana returned the Cambridge tiara to the queen but,does anyone know the last time the queen wore that tiara?It seems like a long time since she wore that.

Diana retained the Lover's Knot Tiara and her other royal jewels after the divorce. The jewels were hers to keep for her lifetime, but could never be sold or lent. After her death, the pieces were returned to The Queen.

The Queen wore the Lover's Knot Tiara early in her reign (it was a bequest from Queen Mary under her Will) but then it disappeared into the vaults.

AFAIK, I've never seen it worn after Diana but hope to see its reappearance on some royal lady's head in the near future.:)

AFAIK, I've never seen it worn after Diana but hope to see its reappearance on some royal lady's head in the near future.:)

I fully expect to see that one on the Duchess of Cambridge at some point. It makes sense in every way for her to be the one to wear that tiara :)

Last edited:
I saw this on the Sartorial Splendor site and was waiting for you to post this tiara, IloveCP! Of course, it's the most appropriate and logical choice for the #1 slot and I'm so glad to see it as the most favorite. I can't enhance on your description of the GGBI, and it's great that the bandeau base was restored to the tiara which gives it the height I so love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom