Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sense is that the duaghter-in-law of HM are usually well turned out, and appropriately bejewelled, as reflects their relative positions. These jewels have pretty much always been provided by HM, their husbands or is their ancestral jewellery. The only potential situation where a close member of the BRF borrowed something is when Sophie Wessex is reported to have borrowed (though not substantiated) a tiara to wear at the Danish wedding a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, she is wearing a necklace using diamonds that she received as a gift from DeBeers during a state visit to South Africa with her parents. I believe she had a matching bracelet and a ring made as well.

The Queen is wearing "Her best diamonds" made from the 21st birthday diamonds given to her for her birthday. They were made into a necklace and bracelet No ring.
Also she is wearing her mother's foot long diamond brooch. A first for this brooch. Quite a lovely surprise.

Its great to see the Queen dressed up, and looking very regal. Its also good to see HM take out pieces of jewellery not seen for a long time and use them, like the necklace and the brooch.

Gorgeous! Just simply gorgeous! I love this woman and I'm not even British! The tiara, the necklace and the brooch were all wonderful to see.

The Queen is wearing "Her best diamonds" made from the 21st birthday diamonds given to her for her birthday. They were made into a necklace and bracelet No ring.
Also she is wearing her mother's foot long diamond brooch. A first for this brooch. Quite a lovely surprise.

I can never tell which earrings that The Queen is wearing here. The Q. Vic. collet necklace earrings or the pear shaped drop earrings that The Queen had made early in her reign. To me they appear almost the same.

There not the Queen Victoria ones, do you think they might be the diamond drop earrings the Queen Mum got in the Greville Inheritence?

Necklace?

I wonder if any of you jewel experts could help me out.....I came across this picture of the Queen in a necklace that I don't recall ever having seen before. Does anyone recognize it, or have any information on it?

Queen in Germany, 1992

I don't think I've ever seen this one, either. Looks like a diamond collar.

Yes, this is a diamond choker. Not seen before this occassion.
Nothing is known of history, as yet,

It's very 80's but I do like it!

I don't think that they are the same. Diana's necklace seems to have ridges on hers.

I also wonder if these are the same. Kudos for your knowledge GillW, as usual your library is so impressive. HM almost looks deco, while Princess Diana's seems more modern!

Very interesting, GillW, thank you for those pictures! Diana's looks to me like it could have a darker stone or enamel inbetween the diamonds to create that ridged effect, while HM looks like all diamonds, but it's impossible to tell from the different angles and the sparkle coming off these gems. Is that bracelet in the HM pic you posted part of a matching set with the necklace?

The style reminds me of the crescent shaped sapphire/diamond set that Diana was given by the Sultan of Oman. I wonder if this could be a gift from one of the Middle Eastern rulers?

I also wonder if these are the same. Kudos for your knowledge GillW, as usual your library is so impressive. HM almost looks deco, while Princess Diana's seems more modern!

Agree about GillW's knowledge. The necklaces look different. Just like rubies said. One on HM diamonds deco style and on Diana, Princess of Wales silver modern style. Both pieces are nice, but I think I would like to wear HM if I had a chance.:flowers:

This image was taken in 1969 at the opening of the Scotland or Irish parliament has anyone seen this tiara before or since?

This is indeed an excellent summary - quite comprehensive . I am so pleased you posted this link as I'd seen it once before & forgotten all about it. I note that there have been some updates too, so it will be worth revisiting in the future.

Hello :flowers: I just read this whole thread (yes, I know, but I really like tiaras) anyway I wanted to re-cap what I've read. Based on this thread and others, I've counted 12 tiaras that we know for a fact exist and that we know for a fact are in the custody of the Queen and not a relative.

1. King George IV Diadem
2. Lover's Knot
3. Vladimir
4. George III Fringe
5. Burmese Ruby
6. Girls Great Britain & Ireland
7. Kokoshnik
8. Brazilian Aquamarine
9. Boucheron honeycomb
10. Delhi Durbar
11. Sapphire
12. Oriental Circlet

Is this correct?

These are certainly ones that HM or the wives of the PoW have used.

The Queen has worn for this May Opening of Parliament a 2 strand of pearls with the clasp worn at the front. These pearls have not been seen before.

This 2 strand pearl necklace is the same worn to Prince Andrew's wedding, only this time, the clasp is worn centre front, unlike for the wedding, it was worn [ the clasp] on the side.
The necklace is Crown property from the Hanoverian collection.
This necklace is not to be confused with the Crown Pearls of Q. Anne and Q. Caroline.

I recognise this bracelet, I don't unfortunately know where from though.

Does anyone have an image of the Queen wearing the diamond cockade? Suzie Menkes says it was altered to become a cloke clasp but im sure i have seen the Queen wearing a part that was an enormous diamond star - it was in storage for so long but i believe the Queen worn it since her mothers death. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom