The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Russophile, as usual you make my day!! I was on vacation and missed your hilarious comments. As for Camilla, at least she is letting us see some of the incredible pieces. Keep digging as far as I'm concerned!! I love the Queen in rubies, I wish she wore them more. Especially with her lovely white hair!!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Russophile, as usual you make my day!!
Now you'll be giving me a big head and Warren has his hands full with me as it is--what and with The Mighty E stepping aside . . . .

Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Nobility

Could anyone make me more familiar with the ruby necklaces The Queen wears.
She has a floral bandeau, which she uses no longer, she has the Kent parure, which I haven't seen in recent years, she has the ruby swag necklace and another, worn e.g. State Visit Slovenia and the one worn during the State Banquet of the Sarkozys.
Can onyone explain me more.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Could anyone provide me with a recent photo of The Queen wearing the Dehlir Durbar necklace. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth, why don't you have a look through this thread and part 1? You're sure to find a photo or two.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Come on Warren, why don't you go out into your photo barn no. 6, dedicated solely to pictures of Her Majesty and dredge up yet another picture from your massive collection of the good Queen bedecked in the Dehli Durbar business. Pity we will never see a portarait of HM wearing the tiara with the Cambridge emeralds. It is really one of my favorite trinkets and always cheers me up when you present yet another photogragph of it. It is almost as good as a syringe of the best grade chocolate.

As for your advice to the good member from Belgium, what a more delicious way to spend one's time. Have a bowl of chocolate fudge candies with various nuts and drool over the jewels of QEII. A picmeup from any depression and a enough to make one positively cheerful on a cold and dreary day. cheers.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

I liked her diamond brooches and the 2nd necklace from QEII "21 Diamonds" posted above
Old 01-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Nobility

I once read here that the necklace and earrings (worn by The Queen during the State Banquet in honour of the Saudi king in October-November 2007) was a gift from the King, but I saw Her Majesty wearing the same necklace in 2002 when she dined at No. 10 Downing Street with the Prime Ministers of her reign. So, it is unlikely that she got it from the Saudi king.
Is anyone familiar with this necklace and earrings?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Administrator

There are at least two Saudi necklaces:
King Faisal, 1967: Fringe necklace of drop diamonds set with brilliants and baguettes;
King Khalid, 1979: Modern collar of round and pearl-shaped diamonds in a sunray design.
Both by Harry Winston.
source: Leslie Field, The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Nobility

I know what the George III fringe tiara is, but apart from her own wedding in 1947, when did The Queen wear this tiara again. I understood that Queen Elizabeth gave it to her daughter as 'something borrowed', and again to her granddaughter Anne in 1973. This means that the tiara was actually in The Queen Mother's jewellery vault and that the tiara only came to The Queen after her mother's death in 2002?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth visits France (1992)
http://s5.tinypic.com/b486kp.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/10nyh49.jpg
Old 03-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Blog about the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

H M wearing the aquamarine parure at the State Banquet for visiting President of Mexico 30/03/09
Getty images
Old 03-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is the ugliest tiara and parure that she has. Giant gumballs in a setting. Big clumsy and poorly designed.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say I agree. I also think that on this occasion the dress & other decorations do not compliment the aquamarines.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM

I agree I don't like the aquamarines with the garter star and the mexican collar and that dress, not a well put together outfit at all

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

This aquamarine tiara is my least favourite as it is really big and heavy - when it was on display at Buckingham Palace i couldnt believe the size of the whole set which makes me think it must be quite heavy to wear

Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Least favorite parue of Her Majesty's--but one which seems to be a favorite, which I frankly just do not understand. It looks terribly heavy and those huge aquamarines are just so gobby looking to me--and those fan motifs are SOOOO 1960's. Why couldn't she wear something else? Even though I don't particularly love it, that sapphire tiara hasn't made an appearance in a long time.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This is the ugliest tiara and parure that she has. Giant gumballs in a setting. Big clumsy and poorly designed.
I totally agree! It´s VERY unattractive

Tags
elizabeth ii, jewels, necklaces, photo, queen elizabeth ii, tiara, tiaras