Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrightLighter said:
What aren't these people capable of doing to each other?

It seems you are willing to believe the worst of them. :ermm: Well, so be it, there are a lot of opinions around and here there are a lot of threads where we discuss the character of different royals.

But this is a jewel's thread, when members come to these threads, we want to be attracted by the bright and shiny and dare I say superficial.

For deeper discussion about the qualities of individuals, there are other threads but I come to the Jewel forum to get my eyecandy. :) That's it, nothing more.

BTW, welcome to TRF. I hope you enjoy the forums.

Here is a better view of the diamond necklace HM wore in Slovakia. It is not mentioned in either book by Leslie Field or Suzy Menks.

The necklace is not new:
old pic

¤

I really like the necklace but I wish Her Majesty would take care about the neckline of the dress when wearing it. They are off a bit.

Is this necklace a riviere?

"He went to Jared!"
:D

OH dear that is hilarious Russo! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Personally, I would prefer to find that flower basket brooch which the Queen was given when Charles was born in my own stocking this year, but hubby has yet to take the hint......:sad:

Personally, I would prefer to find that flower basket brooch which the Queen was given when Charles was born in my own stocking this year, but hubby has yet to take the hint......:sad:

I've been told that a ravishing smile accompanied by a love tap with a 4 by 2 has been known to aid receptability.

Brightlighter, please stop blaming The Queen or The Duchess of Cornwall and stop praising The Queen Mother. First point: in the Royal Family, there is no rule to judge who is worth wearing a piece of jewelry. The Queen Mother (I was fanatic about her), but she is a human being, she had her faults and misunderstanding, just in the same way we often make faults (sins). You mention Princess Anne, I don't think The Queen Mother was so keen on the Princess' divorce in 1992. And The Duchess of Cornwall, yes, she may be the mistress and now the wife, but what does that matter. She is now the wife of the future King; and what counts for me is that she does a remarkable job, I am not sure everyone can do that.
About the jewelry, I am glad that The Duchess of Cornwall wears The Queen Mother's jewelry, that means: two great Ladies have worn it.

About the jewelry, I am glad that The Duchess of Cornwall wears The Queen Mother's jewelry, that means: two great Ladies have worn it.

Well said and beautifully phrased, Queen Elizabeth!

I would like to see Camilla in that ruby necklace of Queen Victoria's that the Queen Mother held onto. What a piece!

I would like to see Camilla in that ruby necklace of Queen Victoria's that the Queen Mother held onto. What a piece!
I'd like to be in that ruby necklace. Can you imagine??!! *sigh*

Russophile, as usual you make my day!! I was on vacation and missed your hilarious comments. As for Camilla, at least she is letting us see some of the incredible pieces. Keep digging as far as I'm concerned!! I love the Queen in rubies, I wish she wore them more. Especially with her lovely white hair!!

Russophile, as usual you make my day!!
Now you'll be giving me a big head and Warren has his hands full with me as it is--what and with The Mighty E stepping aside . . . . :shifty:

Could anyone make me more familiar with the ruby necklaces The Queen wears.
She has a floral bandeau, which she uses no longer, she has the Kent parure, which I haven't seen in recent years, she has the ruby swag necklace and another, worn e.g. State Visit Slovenia and the one worn during the State Banquet of the Sarkozys.
Can onyone explain me more.

Could anyone provide me with a recent photo of The Queen wearing the Dehlir Durbar necklace. Thank you.

Queen Elizabeth, why don't you have a look through this thread and part 1? You're sure to find a photo or two.

Come on Warren, why don't you go out into your photo barn no. 6, dedicated solely to pictures of Her Majesty and dredge up yet another picture from your massive collection of the good Queen bedecked in the Dehli Durbar business. Pity we will never see a portarait of HM wearing the tiara with the Cambridge emeralds. It is really one of my favorite trinkets and always cheers me up when you present yet another photogragph of it. It is almost as good as a syringe of the best grade chocolate.

As for your advice to the good member from Belgium, what a more delicious way to spend one's time. Have a bowl of chocolate fudge candies with various nuts and drool over the jewels of QEII. A picmeup from any depression and a enough to make one positively cheerful on a cold and dreary day. cheers.

I liked her diamond brooches and the 2nd necklace from QEII "21 Diamonds" posted above :flowers:

I once read here that the necklace and earrings (worn by The Queen during the State Banquet in honour of the Saudi king in October-November 2007) was a gift from the King, but I saw Her Majesty wearing the same necklace in 2002 when she dined at No. 10 Downing Street with the Prime Ministers of her reign. So, it is unlikely that she got it from the Saudi king.
Is anyone familiar with this necklace and earrings?

There are at least two Saudi necklaces:
King Faisal, 1967: Fringe necklace of drop diamonds set with brilliants and baguettes;
King Khalid, 1979: Modern collar of round and pearl-shaped diamonds in a sunray design.
Both by Harry Winston.
source: Leslie Field, The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II

I know what the George III fringe tiara is, but apart from her own wedding in 1947, when did The Queen wear this tiara again. I understood that Queen Elizabeth gave it to her daughter as 'something borrowed', and again to her granddaughter Anne in 1973. This means that the tiara was actually in The Queen Mother's jewellery vault and that the tiara only came to The Queen after her mother's death in 2002?

H M wearing the aquamarine parure at the State Banquet for visiting President of Mexico 30/03/09
Getty images

This is the ugliest tiara and parure that she has. Giant gumballs in a setting. Big clumsy and poorly designed.

I have to say I agree. I also think that on this occasion the dress & other decorations do not compliment the aquamarines.

I agree I don't like the aquamarines with the garter star and the mexican collar and that dress, not a well put together outfit at all

This aquamarine tiara is my least favourite as it is really big and heavy - when it was on display at Buckingham Palace i couldnt believe the size of the whole set which makes me think it must be quite heavy to wear

Least favorite parue of Her Majesty's--but one which seems to be a favorite, which I frankly just do not understand. It looks terribly heavy and those huge aquamarines are just so gobby looking to me--and those fan motifs are SOOOO 1960's. Why couldn't she wear something else? Even though I don't particularly love it, that sapphire tiara hasn't made an appearance in a long time.

This is the ugliest tiara and parure that she has. Giant gumballs in a setting. Big clumsy and poorly designed.

I totally agree! It´s VERY unattractive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom