Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation....this pic from the Windsor Horse Show is one of the VERY few times that I can remember seeing HM in a day dress without her triple strand of pearls! The very instant I saw this pic, that is the first thing I thought of....I guess I consider her triple strand her trademark! Just thought I would share it with everyone! :flowers:

La reine Elizabeth II au Windsor Horse Show le 11 mai 2013

It's certainly a change and refreshing to see her with a different strand of pearls. Nice to see HM mix it up a bit.

:previous:
The single-strand does look unusual - and a bit spare.
Mixing it up, or maybe the favourite three-strand was in at the jewellers for maintenance.
The Ladies of India Delhi Durbar brooch with its huge carved emerald is not bad either!

Well spotted, but I'll take the brooch. You guys fight over the pearls :flowers:

I noticed the brooch but couldn't remember its name; thanks, Warren. And I'd definitely take that over the strand of pearls, too!

This thread is called "Tiaras, Necklaces, etc." so that covers a broad spectrum of jewels.

I don't think the pearls of the State Diadem can be removed to be worn as a necklace. Besides, Alexandra (as the Queen now) had a huge number of pearl necklaces of every imaginable length and style so I doubt she would resort to taking the base off the Diadem.

On a different note, that's a beautiful picture of Queen Alexandra. And she is wearing her famous serpent bracelet which personally I like a lot.

I don't think the pearls of the State Diadem can be removed to be worn as a necklace. Besides, Alexandra (as the Queen now) had a huge number of pearl necklaces of every imaginable length and style so I doubt she would resort to taking the base off the Diadem.

On a different note, that's a beautiful picture of Queen Alexandra. And she is wearing her famous serpent bracelet which personally I like a lot.

I'm thinking the base can't be moved either but for some reason the necklace or choker look just like the base for the Diadem. I think there are diamond in between the rows of pearls. Just something very similar to the Diadem.

I doubt the base would be that flexable, and a large portion of it would have had to be removed, or overlap to fit that tightly around her neck.

Well, that's certainly a massive necklace just loaded with my favorite gem, pearls; I can imagine how heavy it must be. I wonder if the strands can be separated to be worn individually, and if the diamond piece can be worn as a brooch.

Yes, ho-hum, another outing of her GGBI tiara with one of her usual go-to diamond necklaces just dripping with sparklers. Sigh....I should be so lucky.:D

Last edited:
She could look better. The same white gown and black bag. In today's day and age women of her age and certainly wealth and stature dress better. She doesn't have to go to sales at stores.

She could look better. The same white gown and black bag. In today's day and age women of her age and certainly wealth and stature dress better. She doesn't have to go to sales at stores.
There's nothing "sales at stores" about the jewellery HM is wearing. Perhaps your comment needs to be made on the fashion thread.

"The same white gown and black bag" ?
Firstly, I wonder which photograph you are viewing, Her Majesty's handbag is silver to match her shoes.
Secondly - it appears to be a new gown (I don't recognise it anyway) and will most definitely be couture.
There are very few "women of her age, wealth and stature" in the public eye and besides Her Majesty is known throughout the world as The Queen and competes with no-one! Her style is recognised and admired throughout the world.
She doesn't go to "stores"!

But then I am sure you are aware of these facts already, hence I find your comments a little odd. Forgive me.

State Banquet

Just to help clarify things, I think that the key here is that this is a STATE banquet.
Therefore HM plays hostess for the visiting head of state and puts on her best clothes and jewels and breaks-out the best china, crystal and silverware for her guests.
She wears "state" or court dress of white as she does for other state occasions such as the opening of parliament.
If you notice, the Queen does not usually wear white evening wear at other nighttime events. Lately she has been wearing rich jewel tone gowns for her non-state occasions.

I gather you don't like royal families, the thing is that *no one* has a choice of who their parents are when we are born, nor do we have a choice of what country we are born into, what color our skin, eyes, nor how tall we will be and most of all, no choice if we will be born healthy or not. Jealousy does not become anyone on this earth, we just have to accept who we are as a person and try to be happy just being alive.

Its stunning alright,I had a look at the cross and there seems to be a beautiful almost Byzantium like mosaic on it.
The Dagmar-cross is indeed Byzantic in origin, but noone knows for certain how it originally made its way from Byzantium to Denmark, where it is still a traditional gift for baptisms and confirmations. Two Orthodox saints, Basil the Great and John Chrysostom are featured rsp. above and below the centre icon of Christ.
I suppose the pendant could still be useful however I won't blame HM for leaving the necklace in the vaults. It's a dated piece of jewellery which has had its time.

In an historic sense, the necklace is of great importance but I personally don't care for it. It's too fussy and intricate and must be a pain to wear. While the pearls are magnificent, the most striking piece is of course the cross pendant.

You could turn it into a terrific tiara and earrings, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom