Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those matching earrings and bracelet are certainly a sight to see as well. Incredible jewels and the color is just divine. Just to have one of those sapphires in its diamond setting as a pendant would make me happy.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Teck Circle neckalce is now with the Linley family, having previously been used by Princess Margaret. I suspect that it has now left the main line of the BRF for good, and unfortunately, will probably next be seen when it is auctioned off.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
I am afraid it's more or less inevitable. The Linleys aren't going to attend all that many tiara events bar from a Coronation so sooner or later most of the historical pieces will become useless and will be sold from auctions.

The Queen's County of Cornwal Ruby Bracelet
This bracelet is one of the many jewels the Queen has inherited from her grandmother, Queen Mary. It is made of diamond and ruby leaf bands with a diamond and ruby rose centre; the rose is detachable and can be worn separately as a brooch or pendant. Although popularly known as the Country of Cornwall Bracelet, there is some confusion about its provenance.

Picture posted with the consent of the Royal Collection.

Attachments

• Untitled (1).jpg
    Untitled (1).jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 322
The Teck jewels weren't sold but returned to The Queen. I have been told on these forums that Camilla have them but she don't wear them. Only the other jewels of The Queen Mothers.

The Teck jewels weren't sold but returned to The Queen. I have been told on these forums that Camilla have them but she don't wear them. Only the other jewels of The Queen Mothers.
Not all the Teck jewels aren't on loan to Camilla - just the Teck Crescent Tiara which she is yet to début.
The necklace is definitely with the Linleys.

Last edited:

According to the "Queen's diamonds" by Hugh Roberts the tiara is with the Duchess of Cornwall and the necklace with Viscount Linley. But both have not been worn in public.
Wonder where the persian turqiose parure is which was also worn by Princess Margaret.

Hugh Roberts' book explicitly says that the diamond circle necklace is now in the collection of Viscount Linley (page 122 of the US edition). Camilla has the Teck Crescent Tiara but has yet to wear it in public.

According to the "Queen's diamonds" by Hugh Roberts the tiara is with the Duchess of Cornwall and the necklace with Viscount Linley. But both have not been worn in public.
Wonder where the persian turqiose parure is which was also worn by Princess Margaret.
That's really an interesting question. Although Margaret received the tiara on her 21st birthday, I've read it was something of a lifetime loan and not an actual gift. If that is the case, it was returned to the Royal Collection upon Margaret's death. If it was hers unconditionally, it's either in the possession of Viscount Linley or Lady Sarah, or discreetly sold long time ago. I really love that tiara so hopefully it's still with the BRF.

I think these jewels were returned to The Queen and put back in the Royal Collection, if they weren't the property of Princess Margaret. The jewels that were sold wasn't the Teck jewels though.

Last edited:
That's really an interesting question. Although Margaret received the tiara on her 21st birthday, I've read it was something of a lifetime loan and not an actual gift. If that is the case, it was returned to the Royal Collection upon Margaret's death. If it was hers unconditionally, it's either in the possession of Viscount Linley or Lady Sarah, or discreetly sold long time ago. I really love that tiara so hopefully it's still with the BRF.

I also hope it is back in the vaults at Buckingham Palace. It was also said on the Royal jewels MB that some of the Jewels of Princess Margaret have been lifetime loans and are now back.
I think this Paure would look great on Camilla.

I also hope it is back in the vaults at Buckingham Palace. It was also said on the Royal jewels MB that some of the Jewels of Princess Margaret have been lifetime loans and are now back. I think this Paure would look great on Camilla.
Wouldn't it just? Every time I see Camilla wearing her turquoise demi-parure, I keep longing for a tiara to match. The Persian Tiara alone would have been wonderful, but the entire parure? I'd be in turquoise heaven.

Last edited:
There's a great deal of jewels that The Queen haven't dusted off yet. I think Camilla and Catherine should get in those vaults at some point and do some dusting. The Queen & Catherine did for the Royal Wedding.

Wouldn't it just? Every time I see Camilla wearing her turquoise demi-parure, I keep longing for a tiara to match. The Persian Tiara alone would have been wonderful, but the entire parure? I'd be on turquoise heaven.

Quite right. It would be lovely to see Camilla in the turquoise tiara.

You hardly see turqoise tiara's in the current crop of European royals these days.

There's a great deal of jewels that The Queen haven't dusted off yet. I think Camilla and Catherine should get in those vaults at some point and do some dusting. The Queen & Catherine did for the Royal Wedding.

That's very true,one can only imagine what gems we haven't seen or forgotten about!

Yeah, since The Queen has already made her statement on which tiara's she likes for herself. I'm thinking Camilla will start changing up her tiara's at some point. Catherine has the Halo Tiara but I think she will also search for another.

Yeah, since The Queen has already made her statement on which tiara's she likes for herself. I'm thinking Camilla will start changing up her tiara's at some point. Catherine has the Halo Tiara but I think she will also search for another.

I think Camilla has established the Boucheron as her "standard" tiara. Much as I would welcome it, I would be surprised if we saw her in another tiara within the current reign.

I think Camilla has established the Boucheron as her "standard" tiara. Much as I would welcome it, I would be surprised if we saw her in another tiara within the current reign.
I would have agreed with you if we didn't know the Queen has "officially" loaned three tiaras to Camilla. The Boucheron is certainly more comfortable than the Delhi Durbar Tiara, but I'd still be surprised if we don't get to see Camilla wear that one again and, hopefully, début the Teck Crescent.

I would have agreed with you if we didn't know the Queen has "officially" loaned three tiaras to Camilla. The Boucheron is certainly more comfortable than the Delhi Durbar Tiara, but I'd still be surprised if we don't get to see Camilla wear that one again and, hopefully, début the Teck Crescent.

I can't comment on the relative comfort of the Boucheron vs the Delhi Durbar as I have not worn either of them myself , but as regards the Teck Crescent tiara, we do not know how long ago it was loaned to Camilla. The fact that it was loaned was only revealed when The Queen's Diamonds was published last summer. Since then, there have been at 2 state visits to the UK, and Camilla could have worn the Teck if she so desired. My guess is that it is probably one that she either does not like, or does not suit her.

As regards the Delhi Durbar, my own view (completely unsubstantiated, I hasten to add) is that one of the reasons she does not wear it is because of the sensitivities of the large Indian diaspora in the UK, and large numbers of whom are now influential British subjects. The Indians have long felt that they were subjugated under British rule, and were forced to part with a number of their treasures (including the Kohinoor). The Delhi Durbar is a very potent reminder of that extended period of subjugation that not one that people from a resurgent and confident India particularly relish. Much as I love the tiara and I think it works well for Camilla, I would be surprised if she wore it again in a hurry. Once she is Queen, she may choose to wear it abroad, where domestic sensitivities are less relevant.

It has been stated in several books that the Delhi Durbar Tiara is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear, while Boucheron is much lighter.
I really hope Camilla doesn't become a one-tiara person; she can carry some pretty impressive jewels (the Delhi Durbar one included) and she has access to them.

It has been stated in several books that the Delhi Durbar Tiara is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear, while Boucheron is much lighter.
I really hope Camilla doesn't become a one-tiara person; she can carry some pretty impressive jewels (the Delhi Durbar one included) and she has access to them.

Hugh Roberts, for one, said that the Delhi Durbar Tiara is "substantially heavier" than the Boucheron. Given who he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he got this info from Camilla herself sometime over the years.

Also, I imagine that a full circlet would be much more difficult to wear than something that only goes about 3/4 the way around the head. This could be a reason Camilla has yet to wear the Teck Tiara publicly since its base is completely round.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Delhi Durbar Necklace

This necklace has grown on me. I find it very beautiful!

I agree - the emerald necklace is well designed and look a treat on.

This is one of the rare pieces that looks equally good as modern piece (worn solo on the neck) or layers with other pieces. I'd like to see it brought out in the next generations layered. The queen does not like that look and I understand that completely.
I'd want to see one of the future queens make this piece stand up and command attention. Could it be doubled at the throat on a long neck? That would be stunning. I also like it paired with pearl chokers. It might even be woven into an up-do! :flowers:

Anyway, unclouded emeralds have almost disappeared and I love this necklace!

I've always been attracted to the Delhi Durbar Necklace due to its unique design and the dangling gemstones. I don't know if I'd like to see it layered with other pieces though; this, to me, is a standalone item. I wonder if the dangling parts are detachable?

I still think The Teck crescent will go to Catherine.

I've always been attracted to the Delhi Durbar Necklace due to its unique design and the dangling gemstones. I don't know if I'd like to see it layered with other pieces though; this, to me, is a standalone item. I wonder if the dangling parts are detachable?
The pendants are indeed detachable. Both Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth have worn the necklace without the pendants, albeit very rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom