Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, those are beautiful diamonds. I understand Philipp had the ring made from stones belonging to his mother's tiara.

:previous:
The diamonds indeed came from a tiara that belonged to Prince Philip's mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg. Prince Philip was personally involved in the design of the ring, which is set with 11 diamonds - a 3 carat centrepiece and 5 smaller diamonds on each side.
The Queen's engagement ring is without a doubt my favourite as well; a truly timeless piece. :)

It gives her a quite sombre look - completely different from the "GGB&I" - and mayb it is also quite heavy - and this is the reason she is not wearing it more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out that even though the Queen received the Scroll tiara as an 18th birthday present, she never wore it publicly!

:previous:Generally, women don't wear tiaras until they marry, so she would not have had an opportunity to wear the Scroll tiara before her marriage. Plus, she turned 18 during the war and it may not have been appropriate to wear a tiara in the early post-war period.

Then, she received the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara as a wedding present, and we know it's become her favorite. My guess is that the Scroll tiara was put aside since she had another favorite tiara to wear. A few years later, she became queen and had access to the entire jewelry vault.

:previous: The rule that unmarried women didn't wear tiaras wasn't seen that strictly. Princess Margret certainly wore tiaras before her wedding. And there's also a picture of Princess Victoria, unmarried daughter of Edward VII and Alexandra, wearing a tiara. I think that it's more likely the war, which prevented Elisabeth from wearing a tiara before she married.
She could have worn it after her wedding, but choose not to use it. She also never publicly wore the greek key tiara, which was a wedding present from her mother-in-law.
I believe that she owns such a big choice of tiaras, that she can afford to wear only her favourites.

I absolutely love this South African Diamonds necklace and bracelet.
This is just the sort of jewellery I like - simple, beautiful, elegant and priceless. The diamonds are truly exquisite and, as the blog entry says, being one of the first important pieces of jewellery of Her Majesty, they'll always hold a special place in her collection. A beautiful and meaningful gift from South African government.

It's the simplicity of the pieces that renders this set so timeless and classic. The exquisiteness of the craftsmanship and design allows the perfection of the round stones and the baguette spacers to just stand out. The necklace must look like a ring of fire on HM's neck. I'm glad that despite all the jewels she's been gifted through the years and the priceless gems in the vault, this set has always remained special to her.

Last edited:
Amazing Necklace & Bracelet Simple & So Nice , I Like It , Thank you For Posting :flowers:

It is lovely and I like how Queen Mary wears it, but I can't say it's one of my favorites.

Beautiful, and her wedding bracelet from Philip isn't too shabby either!

Queen Elizabeth's engagement ring is quite possibly my favourite royal engagement ring of all times.
It's simple (not overcrowded with stones for a bling effect), beautiful, precious (the centre stone is marvellous), and elegant - precisely the ring I'd want for myself.

Last edited:
The ring and bracelet are beautiful. Diamond jewelry Is beautiful and the duke of Edinburgh certainly made nice choices for the future Queen.

I have often though Prince Phillip has excellent taste in jewelry, lucky for him that his Queen can wear things so well, and has an opportunity to do so often.

I think this is one of my favorite necklaces although I'm not usually partial to cabochon stones. But the combination of emeralds and diamonds plus the asymmetrical dangling drops make this a piece I'd add to my jewel box any day!

Last edited:
I can see that as a classic engagement ring; a diamond almost 4 1/2 carats wouldn't be too overlarge and HM seems to wear it well.

Last edited:
I can see that as a classic engagement ring; a diamond almost 4 1/2 carats wouldn't be too overlarge and HM seems to wear it well.
I totally agree, the ring would be a spectacular engagement ring.
But since it's such an important piece (not on its own but by being part of the Cullinan), only heir to the Throne, or the heir's heir, would probably be able to propose with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom