Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Here she is wearing the central part of the cockade for the French state visit:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...tMarch2008.jpg

Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Nobility

The Queen wore Queen Victoria's collet necklace for the evening dinner in Canada, but without the diamond drop; which is not a regular fixture for her to wear it without the drop. I think this is nice.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
The Queen wore Queen Victoria's collet necklace for the evening dinner in Canada, but without the diamond drop; which is not a regular fixture for her to wear it without the drop. I think this is nice.
Sure, but it could also be yet another collet necklace from the royal vaults.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Administrator

EIIR - all diamonds
(click on pic to zoom)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

My favourite Tiara.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

My favs in necklaces on Her Majesty are the Delhi Durbar necklace and the Godman necklace.I also like what the Nizam of Hyderabad have her as tiara and was broken up into smaller Rose brooches.Specatatcular.!
I luv all her tiaras but will have to select an imaginary few I especially would like to have myself.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

EIIR - all diamonds
(click on pic to zoom)
Please wear more!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Majesty

a youtube video
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

I like so much the numbers 119 and 128.

排行榜 - 各国皇室妃后公主皇冠排行榜 - 新榜网
Old 09-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Gentry

My favorite is the Kokoshnik Fringe tiara. So regal!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

My favorite is the Girls of Ireland and Great Britan tiara: substantial and regal and yet elegant and delicate! My least favorite: the ruby tiara: an un-imaginative wall of stones, a lot of bling-bling, but no elegance at all. The Queen should have kept the lovely Nizam of Hyderabat tiara instead.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

My favourites are the Vladimir tiara both with pearl and emeralds and also the kokoshnik. I also like the Girl of GB and I both have become a bit tired of it as the Queens uses it so often compared to the others. I think generally she should use more of the tiaras in the collection not only the 6 or 7 she uses regular.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

Exactly! E.g. I just can't understand why the beautiful oriental circlet of Queen Victoria isn't worn more often. And she owns a number of tiaras which she didn't wear once.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
My favourites are the Vladimir tiara both with pearl and emeralds and also the kokoshnik. I also like the Girl of GB and I both have become a bit tired of it as the Queens uses it so often compared to the others. I think generally she should use more of the tiaras in the collection not only the 6 or 7 she uses regular.
I agree with you wholeheartedly about the Girls of Great Britain--it is spectacular and I would probably want to wear it all the time--but it is time to wear other tiaras. I know that it is very lightweight and that it likely the reason why it is such a favorite, but she is used to tiaras. That aquamarine piece doesn't exactly look lightweight to my eyes.
I love the emerald version of the Vladimir tiara-especially when paired with the Godman necklace. If she were to wear some emerald drop cabochon earrings (Duchess of Cornwall most recently seen with them), well, I would smiling for days.
I personally am hoping to again see the Persian turquoise tiara of Princess Margarets (as well as the Teck circles necklace) again. Neither piece (or any piece of the turquoise parue) were in the Christie's auction. I doubt that Princess Margaret's children have use of multiple tiaras -- they have the Papyrus (worn by Serena on her wedding so it is sentimental piece) and the Snowdon floral tiara. I wonder if the turquoise and circles were to be returned back to the collection? I do hope so.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

The Nizam tiara, Nizam of Hyderabad Parure - Necklace and Tiara | Das Geschenk des Nizams von Hyderabad and die Knigin von England , is a personal favorite of mine as well. But, I am not certain if it was broken up. Munn apparently stated that it was still intact when that glorious tiara book was published. Personally, it never made sense to me that that tiara would be broken up because the brooches remain intack and the setting looks pretty difficult to break up, at least to me. And, the necklace remains intact as well. I just don't see her breaking one up and leaving the other intact.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

I hope you are right about the Nizam tiara being intact, but I couldn't find anything about it in Munn. He just mentions the tiara being a wedding gift and doesn't give any more details. And I can well believe that QEII kept the beautiful roses from the tiara as brooches and used the rest of the stones for a new tiara.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness

This was indeed broken up many years ago.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
This was indeed broken up many years ago.
Do you have a source?

Old 09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Hoo boy I can't pin it down. Some website on the display of the Queen's jewels.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

LOL--I know I read somewhere that Munn had stated it was not dismantled, but I cannot pin down the source either. I'll ask some of the "joolies" I know who love the topic as well!

Tags
elizabeth ii, jewels, necklaces, photo, queen elizabeth ii, tiara, tiaras