Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE the Godman necklace, it really is too beautiful. I'd love to see it with the vladimar tiara with the emeralds on, this necklace deserves to be out a lot.

Fabulous - I seem to remember seeing that pic before, but doesn't it look just amazing. She really seems to fall back on the rubies a lot lately - come on Liz, gives the emeralds a go! Thanks PrinceJohnny!

Just looking at the Godman again, wouldn't it look great on a frame as a tiara - now that would be fierce!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the combination of the godman necklace and the Grand Duchess Vladamir tiara is amazing. I too think it is unlikely that HM will be wearing the necklace in a hurry, but for slightly different reasons. It is quite a big and spread out necklace, and to do it justice, the wearer needs to wear a dress with quite a deep neck - something that the Queen does not now do.... so I suspect the next wearers of it are likely to either be Camilla or William's wife.
Just looking at the Godman again, wouldn't it look great on a frame as a tiara - now that would be fierce!
Great idea, especially as the BRF only has one substantial emerald tiara.

So true. The Godman emerald necklace is impressive, and would look remarkable on a frame. And, QEQM also had an impressive emerald and diamond necklace:
http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/denmark1/jewels1968.html (go down three pics, under the Boucheron tiara).
The Godman with the Vladimir and emerald drops is one of my very favorite ensembles from QEII

The Godman necklace is AMAZING- I love it on Q Elizabeth II! Thanks for posting these.

The Queen Mother is wearing at this Royal Wedding, Mrs Greville's emerald necklace and earrings. They were inhereited from this lady.

I think the earrings that HM wore at the Royal Variety performance in Blackpool were not the floret earrings but the Queen Mothers diamond earrings that HM wore recently for the first time in T&T

They are the Queen Mother flower earrings; it's around stone surrounded by marquise diamonds. They were a gift from King George to Queen Elizabeth. She wore them constantly--it is nice to see HM wearing them now.

They are the Queen Mother flower earrings; it's around stone surrounded by marquise diamonds. They were a gift from King George to Queen Elizabeth. She wore them constantly--it is nice to see HM wearing them now.

They are a lovely pair of earrings, and its good to see HM use them now. It is interesting that she took over 7 years from when the QM passed on before using these earrings.

On 7th December The Queen and her Duke attended the Royal Variety performance at the Opera House in Blackpool. In combination to the floret earrings and the Festoon necklace, HM wore her favourite diamond watch and a diamond bracelet, which I think was given to Diana!

Photo from Reuters Pictures - Britain's Queen Elizabeth arrives for the Royal Variety Performance at the Opera House in Blackpool
I could be wrong,but I think the bracelet was only borrowed by Diana in the early years once to wear on a state visit. The watch HM loaned Diana was a small diamond watch. Very elegant I might add.;)

I think the earrings that HM wore at the Royal Variety performance in Blackpool were not the floret earrings but the Queen Mothers diamond earrings that HM wore recently for the first time in T&T
By the "the floret earrings" I mean the Queen Mother's favourite pair, a gift from her husband. The pair that was worn in Trinidad and Tobago last month. Obviously we reffer to the same earrings.
I could be wrong,but I think the bracelet was only borrowed by Diana in the early years once to wear on a state visit. The watch HM loaned Diana was a small diamond watch. Very elegant I might add.;)
I had serious doubts if the bracelet was really a gift or just a loan. Thanks for making it clear to me.
Bobby

Ah, its just that the floret earrings usually refer to Queen Mary's floret earrings that the Queen tends to wear occassionally at Garter Day or State opening of Parliament.

The Queen Mother is wearing at this Royal Wedding, Mrs Greville's emerald necklace and earrings. They were inhereited from this lady.

The long lost Emeralds where are they? Bring them out- or give them to Camilla

PLEASE:D

I agree--Camilla would wear them wonderfully. WONDERFULLY (I felt the need to repeat myself). And, I've never seen a truly good picture of them.

I have a question about The Kent Fringe Tiara and The George III - and then I guess the Hanover Tiara. I'm getting really confused between all the fringe tiaras. What is the difference between them because they look similar? I realize one belongs to Princess Marina's family - the other to Her Majesty, but I mean look wise.. what separates them? Also, could someone identify these pics for me please? I'm making a page online of the different tiaras of the British Royal Family and for some reason I think I have some of these under the wrong description. I think I can tell the difference between the Kent Fringe Tiara.. when I see it on Princess Marina because it just makes sense.. then I have a pic of Princess Alexandra of Kent on her wedding day. Was Alexandra wearing the Kent tiara for her wedding?
Pic 1 -
GW218H277

Pic 2 -
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/a0mxch8MPMU15u4MJKwmqA39858/GW232H320

Pic 3 -
GW192H279

Pic 4 -
GW255H399

Pic 5 -
http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/wV_vVK1ULpNEaPCMQ6Cz0w10619/GW216H113

Pictures 1, 2 and 3 are all the same tiara. Commonly referred to as the "George III Fringe Tiara", it was made for Queen Mary using diamonds from another piece dating back to George III (although Geoffrey Munn stated in his book "Tiaras" there is no definitive evidence this is true). Queen Elizabeth was given the tiara when she became Queen Consort in 1936 and it returned to The Queen after her mother's death (along with Victoria's Indian Ruby Tiara, which she has also worn).

Pic 4 is a convertible necklace/tiara given to Mary, Princess Royal by her mother, Queen Mary. This piece was later sold to pay death duties.

Pic 5 is the fringe tiara made for Princess Marina as a wedding gift from the City of London. It now belongs to Princess Michael of Kent.

That's what I thought. Thank you so much for clearing that up.:)

:previous:
I think it is pretty much genuine, but probably has some unusual lighting which gives it a different appearance from most we have seen. Is there something in particular that strikes you as unnatural
?

The picture must be switch. The Family Orders were on the wrong side

I was walking past Asprey on Bond St a short while ago and saw an acquamarine and diamond necklace in the shop window that looked remarkably similar to the acquamarine and diamond neckalce that the Queen has, except that the acquamarines are substantially smaller. Does anybody know if Asprey or Garrards had done the necklace for HM?

The aquamarine and diamond necklace you are refering to is the Brazilian gift to Her Majesty The Queen. The Brazilians bought it with the Rio-de-Janeiro-based settlement of Mappin and Webb, which was taken over by Asprey and Company in the 1980s, but later sold; so I suppose that the "design" of the necklace was originally Mappin and Webb and that it stayed with Asprey by taking it over.
And this necklace is in the shop window there in Bond Street. Wauw! If I was a lady, it was taking the train and straight to Bond Street from Belgium to buy it!

More British Royal Tiaras - The Tudors Wiki

Not sure if this has been posted before, but enjoy!! :)

Also, with respect, compared to all the other queens and their daughters-in-law, before Camilla, HM has been CHEAP as heck with lending out royal jewels to her daughters-in-law. How wonderful to see Camilla wearing the serious bling.

I am sorry, but HM has a HUGE repository of jewels, and with the exception of the ones given to her personally from her parents and husband, which I can understand, she does not seem to like to lend out others.

Whilst it may appear that it appears "CHEAP as heck" that HM does not give out many of the family jewels, others may argue that she has learnt from the mistakes of Queen Mary. Queen Mary generously gave a lot of jewellery to each of her children, and in the process, depleted the royal collection considerably (even though she had added considerably to it over the years).

As regards lending out, I tend to agree with the approach of providing each member of the royal family with enough to keep them suitably bejewelled, in keeping with their relative status, but little more than that. This allows the usused jewels to be kept in reserve for newer members, ie daughters-in-law or grand daughters-in-law.

I stand by what I said. I think HM could be a little more open about sharing the jewels. NOT allowing others to keep them, but lending them out as befitting the status of a daughter-in-law of the Queen of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom