Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay..thanks. That makes sense.

I recently acquired Tiaras, and I saw the tiara on Duchess Nicholas of Russia and Marina, Duchess of Kent. Didn't realize that the Queen married in a simliar tiara.

I just ordered the Queen's Jewels...I can't wait to get it!

Last edited:
You will love it. I have 2 versions an american and the australian there are some extra photos in one

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently acquired Tiaras, and

Oh, you meant Munn's gorgeous book! When reading your post I first though that you really acquired a couple of real bejewelled tiaras :bang::ROFLMAO: and it felt like dying of envy! I guess I read my own wishes for myself into your post:whistling:

By the way, the Swedish RF has another fringe tiara which is often worn by Victoria, Benedikte often wears the fringe tiara of the Berleburg family, Marie Chantal of Greece owns another one which most likely was bought for her by her father.
There are so many out there, maybe that is why QE II does not wear hers? Too awfully common?:eek:

prince.of.preslav welcome to the Forums and thanks for an informative debut post. May there be many more such posts! :flowers:!

As to fringe tiaras, Caroline of Monaco has a Monaco fringe and access to a Hanover fringe; Queen Sirikit of Thailand also has a grand fringe tiara; Princess Benedikte wears the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg fringe tiara as Tilia C. mentioned above. They are probably the most common tiara design and it seems that almost every royal and noble family in Europe had at least one in their jewellery collection at some stage. They may all look much the same but they have an advantage in versatility as some of the fringe tiaras - though not all - can convert to necklaces.
On a side note, the Mary, Princess Royal fringe tiara ended up with the Duke of Westminster.

Last edited:
I received the Queen's Jewels last Friday and I guarantee you will love it.:flowers:

For the State Opening 2009, The Queen wore Queen Victoria's collet necklace with matching earrings. Nice! Because I don't like the 'heavy' Queen Mary's pendant earrings, combined with Queen Victoria's Jubilee Necklace, seen last year.

She looks stunning as always decked out in jewels. :flowers:

Stunning is an understatement. I really cant think of anyone else who can carry such majesty in an elegant way. I think this is the first time I've seen or noticed her wearing the Queen Victoria set. Does she only wear it and the Diadem for the State Openings? Breathtaking.

What necklaces and earrings, other than Queen Victoria's collet necklace, The Jubilee necklace and The Festoon necklace, has The Queen worn at Openings of Parliament? Maybe The Baring ruby necklace, the Cambridge emeralds,...?

Yes, indeed, she wears the King George IV State Diadem only during the Carriage

The George IV diadem has in recent decades only been worn at the state opening of Parliament. However, if I am not mistaken, earlier in her reign, the Queen did use it for other functions as well. If I am not mistaken, it was used on one of her early trips to the US as Queen.

I am not sure I have seen the Queen wear jewellery with coloured stones *(ie, sapphires, emeralds, rubies......) for the state opening of Parliament in the last 10-15 years at all.

Just breathtaking. No one does it like HM. She lights up the room when she smiles or is it that the diamonds sparkle is lighting up the room!!hehe

I think it a shame that HM didn't wear this tiara again in her early years. It looks rather awkward with her hairstyle of today.

Great to see it though. Wonderful!

Its good to see HM wear something different in T&T. That said, I am not sure the Fringe tiara is suitable for her any more, and is probably suitable for a much younger person.

What is clear is that HM is increasingly looking into the vaults and is happy to dig out pieces not used for a while, eg the giant brooch used when the Sarkozy's visited in 2008 last seen in 1937, or QEQMs earrings in Bermuda.

...There are so many fringe tiaras out there, maybe that is why QE II does not wear hers? Too awfully common?:eek:
I have to eat my own words! HM does wear the fringe tiara again and it was quite a surprise to me. Somehow I was resigned to think that HM had a fixed number of tiaras she likes to wear, and that she would not vary from that course.
I agree that the Queen had a bad-hair-day in T&T. Her hairstyle looked much better in Bermuda, or is it just the photo? But don't find the tiara unsuitable for her, it's really appropriate for more low key events like this.

I think it a shame that HM didn't wear this tiara again in her early years. It looks rather awkward with her hairstyle of today.

Great to see it though. Wonderful!

Propbably because it was with the Queen Mother who stopped wearing it after she had the Honeycomb Tiara changed. I think it looks good her.

Well, I was completely surprised to see this fringe tiara reappear again! I do agree, the hairstyle is not quite "right" but just to have the chance to see this piece re-appear is really exciting! She's not worn it since her wedding day, in 1947, 62 years ago. I wonder what we see next? I confess I had hoped to see the Nizm tiara--the brooches are intact, she wore one during the visit-and it doesn't seem to be like HM to break up sets of jewels (tiara, necklace). Hopefully, we will see it again.

Propbably because it was with the Queen Mother who stopped wearing it after she had the Honeycomb Tiara changed. I think it looks good her.

It's not the George III fringe tiara though. Wasn't that the one retained by the Queen Mother for her personal use?

It's not the George III fringe tiara though. Wasn't that the one retained by the Queen Mother for her personal use?
No. It was on display 2 years ago for the Exhition on the occasion of the Diamond Wedding. On ts WEbsite the Royal Collection says it was made in 1919 for Queen mary and diamonds where used from a necklace/tiara which was a Wedding Gift to the future Queen mary by Queen Victoria in 1893. In 1936 Queen Mary gave it to Queen Elizabeth who lend it to then Princess Elizabeth and Pricness Anne for their Wedding Days.

Royal Collection - A Royal Wedding

I was pleased to see the Nizam necklace again. Can anyone (I'm sure they can!!) tell us how often it has been seen recently - it's a rarely worn piece isn't it?

I was pleased to see the Nizam necklace again. Can anyone (I'm sure they can!!) tell us how often it has been seen recently - it's a rarely worn piece isn't it?

Does anybody have a link to one of the galleries from the T&T trip where I might be able to see a picture of HM in the Nizam necklace? Thx

If you have a look on daylife.com, there are plenty of photographs of the visit. The Nizam necklace is not regularly seen because of the grandeur of it. I think the last time was at the 2008 state opening of parliament.

I adore the tiara and wish she had worn it sooner. She looks amazing. :flowers:

Does anybody have a recollection of the last time the Godman necklace might have been used by HM? Also, are their any pictures available. Many thanks

The Godman necklace was used by HM The Queen for the last time, I believe with great confidance, that is was for the Entente Cordiale Dinner with the French Presidential Couple at Windsor Castle in November 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom