Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo both IloveCP and Baroness of Books, there could only be one choice for No 1.

The wearer makes me love it all the more however.

:previous:Yes, absolutely, HM gives that tiara the extra glamor and regality it so deserves.

Last edited:
Thank you for that link, EIIR. This sounds like a wonderful exhibition and a great opportunity to view some of the priceless jewels in the Queen's collection for anyone who lives in or will be visiting London. I couldn't help but be a little OCD and count the diamonds in the necklace and bracelet that HM received for her 21st birthday. There are 22 large diamonds, not the 21 as stated, unless a diamond was added afterward - 15 in the necklace and 7 in the bracelet. Always nice to err on the side of more, I say!

Also, here's a photo of the-then Princess Elizabeth receiving the pink diamond from Dr. Williamson. Queen Mary was with her, and the look on her face is just as priceless as the gem. Something akin to wanting to acquire that stone for her own collection, perhaps.

http://www.sikh-heritage.co.uk/heritage/sikhhert%20EAfrica/elizabeth.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding photo, Baroness. The looks on both women's faces really tell a story.

Baroness, that photo of Queen Mary (a personal favourite of mine) is an absolute cracker! I can just imagine the diamond envy she was experiencing at that very moment!

Baroness of Books said:
...I couldn't help but be a little OCD and count the diamonds in the necklace and bracelet that HM received for her 21st birthday. There are 22 large diamonds, not the 21 as stated, unless a diamond was added afterward - 15 in the necklace and 7 in the bracelet. http://www.sikh-heritage.co.uk/heritage/sikhhert EAfrica/elizabeth.jpg
Her Majesty was indeed presented with 21 diamonds, there is a larger stone in the centre of the bracelet, which was a present from another mine - Princess Margaret received one too - hers was set in a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Thank you for the clarification; I thought another stone added afterward had to be the explanation.

Obviously they were both taken aback by the most perfect pink diamonds in existence, who wouldn't be?

Does anyone know, offhand, which tiara the Queen wore on her first night in Ireland in 2011? (During her official address)

Thanks so much.

I should have known! How delightful and perfect (I also really like that tiara). Thank you for the link to the madhattery site, where I can study it closer.

I realise she has a pretty spectacular collection of diamonds already, but is it likely HM will receive further additions to celebrate her diamond jubilee? I'm thinking from a few Arab states perhaps?

I realise she has a pretty spectacular collection of diamonds already, but is it likely HM will receive further additions to celebrate her diamond jubilee? I'm thinking from a few Arab states perhaps?

I was think about it too. Maybe she will not receive a necklace as spactacular as the one Queen Victoria had for her diamond jubilee, but I hope she will have a beautiful gift.

Great pictures of Her Majesty in the New Zealand official photo, love the fringe tiara and fern brooch, thanks for posting.

There's a new official portrait for New Zealand on the occasion of the diamond jubilee: Diamond Jubilee portraits and prayer released | The Governor-General of New Zealand Te Kawana Tianara o Aotearoa
HM is wearing the fringe tiara together with a fringe necklace and the New Zealand fern brooch. It's a great pairing, imo.
I'm glad to see the fringe tiara once again. It's only the third time we see it on HM, and the second time after the death of Queen Mum.

And beforewe have seen it only at pricness Anne's first Wedding in 1973 as the Queen Mum stoped to wear in the earlsy 1950's.

And beforewe have seen it only at pricness Anne's first Wedding in 1973 as the Queen Mum stoped to wear in the earlsy 1950's.
Did Queen Mum stop wearing it with her husband's death? It is a pity that QEII didn't start wearing it earlier in her rein. If Queen Mum intended not to wear it anymore, it would have been a nice coronation gift.

It's too bad that she has only for the Fringe tiara a few times.It's a very pretty one.

I think her first and foremost love is the GGBI tiara because of its light weight and delicacy.

What a great thing it must be, to have so many to choose from - it's the only way the rest of us can get a sense of what it looks like to wear a tiara properly. HM Elizabeth II rocks her tiaras, all of them. I bet being lightweight came to be a property she indeed seeks and desires. (Who would want to be reminded by weight that they're wearing a tiara - not someone who wears them on many occasions!)

There's a new official portrait for New Zealand on the occasion of the diamond jubilee
Very nice to see HM in the fringe tiara and necklace. I am not sure I have ever seen both of them ever used together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I think it's the first time she wore them together (fringe tiara + fringe necklace), and the result is wonderful!

There's a new official portrait for New Zealand on the occasion of the diamond jubilee.
The photogrpah can be reproduced here as it is "not for profit" and not for commercial use.

Diamond Jubilee Portrait - New Zealand

The Queen is wearing the Sovereign’s insignia of the Order of New Zealand, the New Zealand Order of Merit, Star, Sash and Badge and The Queen’s Service Order. The Queen wears the Diamond Fern brooch presented by the women of Auckland in 1953 on her right shoulder.

The Queen is also wearing the historic Hanoverian Fringe Tiara and matching necklace. The Tiara was made in 1830 from diamonds in the possession of King George III, and inherited by Queen Victoria. The Tiara was worn by The Queen on her wedding day on 20 November 1947. It previously had been worn by her grandmother, Queen Mary, and her mother, Queen Elizabeth. The necklace was made for Queen Victoria from stones from other items.

Portrait © The Royal Household

Attachments

• New Zealand Diamond Jubilee Official Portrait.jpg
    New Zealand Diamond Jubilee Official Portrait.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 376
Did Queen Mum stop wearing it with her husband's death? It is a pity that QEII didn't start wearing it earlier in her rein. If Queen Mum intended not to wear it anymore, it would have been a nice coronation gift.

She wore it a few times after the death of her husband but then she preferred the boucheron honeyconmb tiara which was changed at the top at that time and her the oriental ruby circlet. But probably it stayed with her until her death in 2002.

Her engagement ring has got to be my favorite engagement ring ever! It's classic and timeless.Not to big,not too small.I personally think it's the perfect engagement ring.I would'nt mind getting a ring like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom