Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL....I love it when they all stand to make a toast and someone knocks their chair over.
HM looks as regal as ever.

I saw that too! I thought a footman would run right over and pick it up for him, but he picked it up himself! LMAO

Better detail her tiara, necklace, earrings and bracelets during qatari State Visit:
pic

Last edited:
:previous: Wow! It is gorgeous. Over the top but nonetheless, gorgeous. I don't know if I have seen any or all of those peices before.

HM looks very regal. The jewels are just what they should be: works of art that stand on their own.

I like Sheika Mozah's "fez." Modest, yet not overbearing. I think she is just lovely.

I came across this picture of HM is a head piece/tiara which I have never seen before - does anyone know the identity of this ?
unknown tiara

It may be part of the Brazil parure. From Wiki....

The Brazil Parure is one of the most modern jewels in the collection. In 1953 the President and people of Brazil presented Elizabeth II with the coronation gift of a necklace and matching pendant earings of aquamarines and diamonds.[22] It had taken an entire year to collect the perfectly matched stones. The necklace consists of nine large oblong aquamarines with an even bigger aquamarine pendant drop. The Queen has since had the drop set in a more decorative diamond cluster and it is now detachable. Her Majesty was so delighted with the gift that in 1957 she had a matching tiara made.[22] The tiara is surmounted by three vertically set aquamarines. In August 1958 the Brazilian Government added to their gift by presenting Elizabeth with a bracelet of seven oblong aquamarines set in a cluster of diamonds and a square aquamarine and diamond brooch to match.[23]

There is more information about it, here: Queen Elizabeth II. Aquamarines Parure, Diadem, Earpendants, Brooch and Bracelet | Queens Jewels

It's possible that the jewels may have been altered again, particularly the necklace. The jewel looks like aquamarines to me, and quite, quite lovely.

I came across this picture of HM is a head piece/tiara which I have never seen before - does anyone know the identity of this ?
unknown tiara
I think this is a Cartier tiara. Princess Anne wore it too.:flowers:

Abdu Dhabi & Oman Trip 2010:
Pic1 * Pic2

I don´t know where can I upload a detail of her barcelet:
Pic1

Wouldn't we all love to play "dress up" in the Queen's jewelry box for a day. What fun that would be. I could only imagine. I'd be in heaven. And just think, Catherine will have this jewelry box at her disposal one day. Lucky, lucky young woman. Just a little jealous.

unknown tiara
HM received this tiara at a visit to Brazil in 1968. Asfik she only wore it once on a visit to Canada. It is said that it was later broken up and the stones were used for the aquamarine tiara HM now wears frequently.
The Cartier aquamarine tiara which Princess Anne wears is a different piece which originally belonged to the Queen Mother.

HM received this tiara at a visit to Brazil in 1968. Asfik she only wore it once on a visit to Canada. It is said that it was later broken up and the stones were used for the aquamarine tiara HM now wears frequently.
The Cartier aquamarine tiara which Princess Anne wears is a different piece which originally belonged to the Queen Mother.
Thank you for this information. It fascinates me that the tiara seems to have been broken up & "reconstituted" relatively soon after it was given as a gift. Isn't it a little insulting to the giver? I have to say I'm not a great fan of the current aquamarine tiara ._

Thank you for this information. It fascinates me that the tiara seems to have been broken up & "reconstituted" relatively soon after it was given as a gift. Isn't it a little insulting to the giver? I have to say I'm not a great fan of the current aquamarine tiara ._

I am no fan of the reconstituted tiara but my understanding is that the reconstituted tiara included other larger acquamarine stones that HM had received from Brazil at other times.

Thanks Tilia for info

I love aquamarines. Does anyone have a picture at hand of the reconstituted tiara?
Or is it quicker if I start digging into the archives?

QE2 does have the rocks doesn't she?:lol:

Many people have stated they don't like the Aquamarine and Burmese Ruby tiaras, but I like them.

Oh the Ruby tiara is my absolute favorite...

I love this ruby tiara.

Does anyone know where I can find information on the size of the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara? I am researching it for a school project and would like to try to find out possibly how many diamonds it is made up of, how many carats, the height, anything would be helpful. Can't seem to find anything about it...thanks!

Someone on Glittering MB posted this video of the Swedish state visit to the UK back in the day and at the end I can't for the life of me figure out what necklace EII is wearing? At first I thought it might be the emerald necklace from the grevilles but then the shape looks more like the aquamarines. You also get a nice live shot of the scroll tiara on P.Margaret.

Yes, this has me intrigued as well. When you look at the setting of the large pendant stone in the video, it doesn't look like the aquamarine in some photos I have seen. However, the photo of the suite in Menkes (page 135) does. I know the Queen had various adaptions made to the set so I assume the video is a record of the necklace in its original state.
The following images are quite helpful as a comparison:

The aquamarine parure

Polly's earlier post (396) is also very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video it looks like the aquamarine necklace in it's original state before adaptions were made. I think the tiara and necklace were refashioned in the late 1960's and this film was made in 1954.

I think your correct, it looks like the large pendant in the video is now the large centre piece of the tiara. I have to say, the Scroll tiara on Margaret looks far more substantial live than in the few photos we have. I hope to see it again soon.

It is definitely the aquamarine necklace with matching earrings - the Queen looks quite lovely. How beautiful Princess Margaret was.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the video it looks like the aquamarine necklace in it's original state before adaptions were made. I think the tiara and necklace were refashioned in the late 1960's and this film was made in 1954.

I agree, to me it appears like the accquamarine necklace before it was altered.

I think y'all are correct about it being the pre-alteration aquamarine. The stones' color appear so dense in b/w that I thought it was the Goldman emerald necklace, but that one (after looking it up) has pear as the main drop, rather than emerald cut, emeralds. It is also more delicate. Beautiful!!!

Last edited:
I watched Barbara Walters promote her interview with India Hicks in preparation for the current royal wedding, and she mentioned that India's mother, Lady Pamela (who'd been a bridesmaid to then-Princess Elizabeth) had said that on Elizabeth's wedding day they realized the tiara they'd intended to use was broken, so they then fetched another - the fringe. Does anyone know which tiara they'd originally intended to use?

I watched Barbara Walters promote her interview with India Hicks in preparation for the current royal wedding, and she mentioned that India's mother, Lady Pamela (who'd been a bridesmaid to then-Princess Elizabeth) had said that on Elizabeth's wedding day they realized the tiara they'd intended to use was broken, so they then fetched another - the fringe. Does anyone know which tiara they'd originally intended to use?

I always understood that it was the fringe that was meant to be used and then that it broke while trying to place it but then quickly fixed, you can even see in the wedding pictures a gap between some of the spikes. Maybe India misunderstood what her mom meant or the tv channel switched things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom