Queen Elizabeth II: Tiaras, Necklaces etc 2: Nov 2007-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once they belong to them, of course they will be free to do so, with the exception of those designated [like the Kent Amethysts and the Oriental Circlet & others] as Heirlooms 'to be worn by future Queens 'in right of it', by Queens Victoria, Alexandra & Mary, which I imagine will remain as presently set.

:previous: For the first time I have to say I do not like HM's hair with this tiara. Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara, unlike the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, is heavier and totally unforgiving and somehow she looks to have ended up with white Micky Mouse ears. Then again perhaps it is just the camera angle . . .

That is how she wears her hair. No other way, plain and simple. She looks stylish and lovely during the day, but at dinners she has taken to wearing the same white sack and whatever tiara. It is a pity.

At yesterday's State Banquet for the Mexican President HM wore Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik tiara again. If my count is correct, she hasn't worn it since the South African SV in 2010.
President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto and Queen Elizabeth II during... News Photo | Getty Images
In the videos posted on the SV thread you can see the enormous glitter of this wall of diamonds, it's amazing!

Stunning jewels. That tiara is one of my all time favorites.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: State Visit from Mexico, Welcome Ceremony and State Banquet

That is how she wears her hair. No other way, plain and simple. She looks stylish and lovely during the day, but at dinners she has taken to wearing the same white sack and whatever tiara. It is a pity.

The Queen and her dressers used to put more thought into her dresses for State Banquets, but since she's got older, the variety of colors and styles have stopped. She just stick to all white, perhaps gold or silver once in a blue moon. I think she's now leaving the style and colors to the younger generation.

At yesterday's State Banquet for the Mexican President HM wore Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik tiara again. If my count is correct, she hasn't worn it since the South African SV in 2010.
President of Mexico Enrique Pena Nieto and Queen Elizabeth II during... News Photo | Getty Images
In the videos posted on the SV thread you can see the enormous glitter of this wall of diamonds, it's amazing!

:previous: For the first time I have to say I do not like HM's hair with this tiara. Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara, unlike the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, is heavier and totally unforgiving and somehow she looks to have ended up with white Micky Mouse ears. Then again perhaps it is just the camera angle . . .

First- That aquamarine tiara in 2009- Wow! Gorgeous!
Second- I'm with you MARG. Looks really odd.
Third- Love the photo of HM and Phillip. And love the first lady's gala dress.

Cut the woman some slack..

Most 88 year olds would rather be having a cuppa in front of the telly, of an evening...

See, that one is one of my person favorites and in my opinion, definitely the best ruby tiara in HM's collection

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Ruby? Don't see any....

It would be nice to see The Queen wear the tiara as a necklace.

the one I really like have not seen for a while she was wearing it on a trip I saw her at here in Ottawa it had diamonds and aquamarines

The Coronation necklace and earrings are out today, for the State Opening of Parliament.

:previous: I am surprised she wore Queen Victoria's Crown Ruby necklace, earrings and brooch with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.

It is surprising that she didn't wear a ruby tiara because the Girls seemed a bit overwhelmed against the rubies and the use of the ruby brooch on the red Order sash meant it got somewhat lost.

This is the first time I have seen HM look less than sparkling on a State Occasion. It appears so discreetly understated to the point of boredom.

To me the tiara clashes with the choice of necklace and earrings... But the effect is all but boring IMO

I love it when the Queen wears rubies for state banquets, they work well against the white dress. The tiara she is wearing could be a great candidate for the addition of some rubies along to top, kind of interchangeable stones but I wouldn't dare wish anyone to start messing with these historic tiaras!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom