Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Well if Meghan attends she cannot wear Queen Mary's Filigree Diamond Bandeau as it is on display, so . . . I like your idea, a lot!

The Queen attended the 100 year anniversary of the Surveyors Institute and wore a diamond and ruby brooch. No close up of this brooch tho and it does look a lot like one she has with a curve of rubies. However, this one looks slightly different with extra diamonds at the bottom.
I wondered if this is a new brooch if it might be an anniversary gift from Prince Philip.
But then because we can't see it properly maybe it is just one of her earlier brooches worn on a pink coat.

The Queen attended the 100 year anniversary of the Surveyors Institute and wore a diamond and ruby brooch. No close up of this brooch tho and it does look a lot like one she has with a curve of rubies. However, this one looks slightly different with extra diamonds at the bottom.
I wondered if this is a new brooch if it might be an anniversary gift from Prince Philip.
But then because we can't see it properly maybe it is just one of her earlier brooches worn on a pink coat.

old brooch
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors 150th Anniversary

I quite like it worn this new way.

Thank you Spheno. It must have been because it was worn upside down that threw me off.
Gosh what an eagle eyed bunch we are. It is a lovely brooch and I would love to train photographers to get a good closeup of these lovely jewels while they are snapping away.

That is one beautiful brooch and sad to say we are all jewellery Nerds & Geeks knowing soo much about the real deal bling. Come to think of it, just add "Royal" in front of any subject and we fit. :ermm:

I have learnt something new today (as indeed everyone should), HM has started wearing her brooches upside down. Hmm, I wonder how many of the very few we have been unable to identify were merely whimsically pinned. Let's face it, when you are The Queen and you have been around as long as she has, it's time to switch things up now and then just to fool the fans. :D

I have never seen this necklace before, but it seems to me it is very similar to what the Princess Royal wore in her hair at the State Banquet for the visit of the President of India in 2009.

View attachment 301482

Maybe...there are similarities and Princess Anne sometimes surprises us with some of her jewellery choices. Like the Double Meander tiara, the QMary chocker or the unknown portrait tiara

I love akk the broochies of the Queen! And this one is so beautiful!

I think I would have liked it better if it really looked like a scarab.

The Grima ruby Brooch might have looked better with a different dress,not a favourite of mine either.

I think I would have liked it better if it really looked like a scarab.

The rubies in the brooch are carved, and I have always assumed carved to be scarabs and Phillip had them put in this brooch. Admittedly, it's not how I would have used them (I like scarabs) but it was a lovely gesture.

Some of her brooches just look very dated, and some of them look classic and some are truly timeless. But she has given them all such significance in the way she has worn them.

I think the big problem with the Grima ruby brooch is not so much the design, but the fact that the clothing the Queen wears it with never shows off the brooch, or even seems to go with it. The brooch needs very tailored, simple clothing, solid colors, and that is not the Queen's style in her public dress. Put this same brooch on Akris in cream or white and it would give a very different impression. It still wouldn't be a favorite of mine, but the aesthetic is just all wrong for the Queen's clothing. Clearly she's wearing it for sentimental reasons.

I have to admit that this last outing looked wonderful and very festive which was the point I think. Well, that and its sentimental value. :twohearts:

I am a brooch fanatic. This is stunning one. :flowers:

I find it too big to be worn naturally on the jacket like the queen does. I think it looked much better on Mary, either worn with her pearls, or on her chest. It would actually look great on a gown like a stomacher or detail on the waist. It has the size and presence for it.

I don't recognize this brooch. Any thoughts?

I can't see thebrooch very well, but I suspect it is probably the Pearl Navette or the Graving Dock Bar brooch

I can't see thebrooch very well, but I suspect it is probably the Pearl Navette or the Graving Dock Bar brooch

It doesn't look like the Pearl Navette or the Bar brooch. The shape is irregular.

Attachments

• audience-brooch.jpg
    audience-brooch.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 796
Back
Top Bottom