Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The amazing part is these brooches would look great on youthful and older women. The jewels never look outdated.

GORGEOUS! When did she wear them last?

LaRae

:previous:
Her Majesty was touring Canada when she wore the demi parure. I can't remember a very recent time when she's worn it, but I'm sure someone will have an answer.

She wore it when she was last in Canada and she has worn it at some past State Banquets and Diplomatic Corps Reception. Not really that often though...sadly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the regiment didn't take into consideration modern fashion trends when designing the symbol. Not like the queen has any say in the design. Nice touch for her to wear it.

I like the dragon.

I like the dragon part. But I can't make out what is under the dragon.

I actually kind of like it.

But it's no where as beautiful as the Nizam which was dismantled to make it. Both being less attractive, and the Nizam having been a wedding gift, it's a real pity this one was made.

Favorite one, along with the Williamson Pink, and "The Chips" for the shock value.

A lot of The Queen's tiaras looked better on her when she had darker hair.

There was a period in the 70's when her hair was longer and styled sort of ...full, or puffy. I think Gerald Ford was President.

Anyway, she looked absolutely wonderful in pics from that era.

Back
Top Bottom