Queen Elizabeth II Jewels 3: January 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The design works very well,the queen has worn it very well over the years.

Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings

Queen Victoria received these pearl drop earrings from Prince Albert in 1847, using diamond studs from royal collection. After her death, the earrings were left to the Crown “to be worn by future Queens in right of it”.

I could not find pictures of Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother) wearing Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings.

Queen Elizabeth II was very fond of them soon after her accession, especially in State Opening of Parliament. She worn them on multiple occasion. She also worn them for portraits and the annual Order of the Garter Service, paired with Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee Necklace.

Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings | The Royal Watcher

I often wondered what was the history behind them but I did not know that they were Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings!

I also wonder whether Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings belong to the Queen's personally (like Queen Mary's or Queen Mother's jewellery) or to the State (like Crown Estate) or Royal Collection Trust (personal and The Crown), as of 21st Century?

I could not find Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings in the Court Jeweller website either.

I also wonder whether Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings belong to the Queen's personally (like Queen Mary's or Queen Mother's jewellery) or to the State (like Crown Estate) or Royal Collection Trust (personal and The Crown), as of 21st Century?

I could not find Queen Victoria’s Pearl Earrings in the Court Jeweller website either.

Most of Queen Victoria's jewelry is part of the Royal Collection Trust, which BTW doesn't belong to the State either. It is held in trust by the current Sovereign for the benefit of the nation.

Queen Elizabeth's Pearl Drop Earrings are a perfect match with her tiara with the pearls.

Thanks Leo for the wonderful link. Ah yes the good old days where we could enjoy seeing two monarchs glittering in amazing jewels.

Thanks Leo for the wonderful link. Ah yes the good old days where we could enjoy seeing two monarchs glittering in amazing jewels.

Stunning jewels worn during the Dutch State visit by both queens.

Aa very personal piece worn by the queen for the Christmas address and one of late mothers favourite brooches.

How about we give a big shout-out to HM's wonderful gift of continuity during the travails of the past many, many months. Having shocked us all by taking to Zoom with such aplomb one would be forgiven for thinking she had been rocking new technology for years.

With one or two actual in-person engagements she has managed to maintain her stylish appearance by invariably pulling everything together with her triple string of pearls, pearl and diamond earrings and a sampling of some of her favourite brooches. Now we have her first in-person engagement and that beloved trio showed the way and her smile was absolutely beautific.

Spring has Sprung:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExzsasLWEAMpY-l?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

May we see her out and about regularly soon.

thank you. I thought it was that one but couldn't see the pearl in the middle today

I´m a it surprised she didn´t choose a brooch with a reference to the late Duke, a personal gift of his to her or something.
Still, a very impressive piece!

I´m a it surprised she didn´t choose a brooch with a reference to the late Duke, a personal gift of his to her or something.
Still, a very impressive piece!

I think she didn't because convention would steer her away from coloured jewels at a funeral and I don't think he ever gave her a diamond or pearl brooch.

I thought that I read that she got the brooch for her wedding, so very much a reference to her husband.

I didn't realize it was wedding present and had thought it a more recent addition.

Given how vast HM's collection of brooches is, I did not even remember the existence of this brooch till I read about it yesterday.

Does anybody know which brooch she's wearing here?:
Couldn't seem to ID it on Jewel Vault.

Glad to be of help.
She is wearing the Duchess of Kent's Amethyst brooch with the three drops which are detachable. This brooch is part of a demi parure with a large Amethyst necklace, earrings, a pair of hair combs and three brooches as per Leslie Fields book The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth.
Now the Duchess of Kent was Queen Victoria's mother the Princess Victoire of Leiningen, who married Edward the Duke of Kent. This Amethyst set is the oldest jewel in the Queens collection. The Queen rarely wears the necklace as it is rather large and chunky looking.

You may find a photo of The Queen wearing the demi parure on a State visit to Portugal in 1984.

Hope this is helpful Cheers.

Given how vast HM's collection of brooches is, I did not even remember the existence of this brooch till I read about it yesterday.

Que Elizabeth II really has the the most beautiful and impressive brooch collection .

Back
Top Bottom